2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
But nobody says they own a Corvette, they own a C5. They don't own a Mustang, they own a Terminator or an S197. Nobody owns a 911, they own a 964 or 993 or 991.

Likewise, nobody owns a Z. But Nissan has decided to take away both ways we identify which Z anybody is actually talking about. Apparently it's not even a Z35. We'll have to see what nickname the community comes up with for it and call it that I guess. For now, I'm sticking with 400Z as opposed to 280Z, and Z35 as opposed to Z32. Just "Z" is dumb. They're all Zs.

Bud most vett and 911 owners say they own a vett or 911. Most of them dont know what the hell a c5 or 993 is nor do they care. Dont mistake the average joe owner to a car nerd.

Nissan-Z-3.jpg
Nissan-Z-2.jpg

The resemblance to the Z31 & Z32 is undeniable. But I also get strong, and weird, late 80s early 90s GM vibes from the back. Some Pontiac and Oldsmobile in there. Idk, @Tornado am I crazy?
You're not crazy lol. Pontiac did the blacked-out tail light surrounds on the Firebird for a looooong time and all their other cars played off that.

112283.jpg

1991-pontiac-firebird-formula

attachment.php

202227_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

1988-pontiac-fiero-gt3.jpg

Kinda funny how this was literally Pontiac's thing for decades but the only car we remember is the 300ZX.

Last edited:
Not so much the tailights, but the slope without a rear spoiler. A la Rockford Files. ;)
images (7).jpeg

Ya know? I'd probably have a Z in this colour. Nice Light grey fabric seats, like found in the 1990 200SX.

View attachment 1097855

Nissan Z GT500 is unveiled.
Ideally, what I'd do if I were PD, is when it comes to more contemporary Super GT500 cars, I'd pick a year that simultaneously has this new Nissan Z, the GR Supra, and the updated version of the NSX. Apparently, I'm told that the GT500-spec second-generation NSX in GT Sport has a different drivetrain than later versions, with one being FR and one being MR. I think the one in GTS is also a hybrid?

The more horizontal layout helps visually lower the nose which is key because the whole 350Z lineage has a pretty tall, fat nose on it.

Split nose looks good. I like how the line flows to the stripes on the side. And I'm getting better retro 280z vibes.

Apparently at TAS, they revealed the local price will start at 6,966,300 yen / $61,218. That'd be pretty pricey over here.
The limited "Proto" version will be that much. Not the base model or other trims.

Edit: They have corrected the article.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back