2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
The Cars definitely sound different to me. Been a while, but there’s more of a howl to them. I live a few blocks away and the sound bouncing off the buildings, is sorely missed.

The Cars definitely sound different to me. Been a while, but there’s more of a howl to them. I live a few blocks away and the sound bouncing off the buildings, is sorely missed.
The Mustangs have switched to the Ford Coyote engine which are used for the S5000 series, I remember going Sydney Supernight in 2021 and those S5000 have a massive roar to them, I imagine it be similar

The Mustangs have switched to the Ford Coyote engine which are used for the S5000 series, I remember going Sydney Supernight in 2021 and those S5000 have a massive roar to them, I imagine it be similar
Yes. Exhausts notwithstanding, that’s probably it. I’ve seen the S5000 debut at SMP, for the TCR inaugural race. Eargasm for sure. :sly:

Good to see a couple of issues being fixed overnight.

The heat issue has prevalent for ages and has been brought up many times so it was a no brainer to let the teams add some heat shielding (although T8 adding it before the event wasn't on. Some would call that cheating as there are performance gains from heat shielding, and hence they were made to remove it ;)).

And the graphics are to be fixed. Who designed that crap? Also, I don't agree with having parts of peoples names missing... Who's Gisbergen and Pasquale? That's just rude in my book. Either shorten all of them down to initials like they've done in the past, or none of them.

Last edited:
Getting comfortable in my usual spot for the Newcastle 500 in time for the Super2 Qualifying.

Can't wait

Attachments

• 20230311_101114.jpg
    20230311_101114.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 7
Honesty this Newcastle track doesn't particularly make for good racing. Very uneventful, thus far.
True for today. We’ll see what happens tomorrow, with rain.

As for the cars, don’t change anything… but,… if they do change anything, change the dang wheels and wheel nut. Just use BBS. Tried and tested with no dramas.

Honesty this Newcastle track doesn't particularly make for good racing. Very uneventful, thus far.
It makes for a great Shoot-out but it definitely seemed the racing wasn't really racing.

Made the Monaco comparison the commentators were talking about quite accurate.

I did really enjoy my time there despite the lackluster racing, though there was quite an NSFW scene amongst the crowd at the end of it :lol:

20230311_093322.jpg

Took a photo of all the Super2 and Super3 cars and something about the 999 Super3 car is aesthetically pleasing.

It seems like it’s gonna be T8 1-2.
Was flicking between the race and the rugby league (which wasn't good either) but I ended up not bothering watching the last twenty odd laps. 🥱
If it is what it looks like. It’s either a fine to the team or both cars excluded, which is very harsh in my opinion but the rules are the rules.
Suspended fine and a loss of team points, I'm betting. Think excluding both cars is bit much.

Last edited:
Was flicking between the race and the rugby league (which wasn't good either) but I ended up not bothering watching the last twenty odd laps. 🥱

Suspended fine and a loss of team points, I'm betting. Think excluding both cars is bit much.
You’re right it is, but if they want to take a stance of everyone having an equal opportunity which is what they’ve been banging on about, it’s a possibility. Yeah it’s only the cool box but having it on the other side made it easier for the pit stop so they weren’t all cramped up on the left side of the car. Hopefully not long now before a decision is handed down.

It’s a weird one. A few tracks like Darwin, Albert Park and Perth, place the cool box in harms Way in pit lane. I think Simmons Plains is the same. Surely the teams and officials thought about these scenarios, while constructing the amenities. Do teams relocate it according to pit lane traffic?

The aforementioned rule states in its entirety:

C16.2 Driver Cooling System

16.2.1 Any Driver cooling system that contains a cooling medium must be:

16.2.1.1 mounted within the cockpit utilising the mounting points designated in the GSD for the passenger seat; and

16.2.1.2 constructed in a manner which to the satisfaction of the HoM, has been designed to ensure the safe containment of the entire system during reasonably foreseeable loading conditions

Ooft. Both Triple 8 cars excluded from Race 1. Can’t imagine that’s the end of this though…
No they’ll appeal and as Skaifey said it’s gonna be a couple of days before that concludes, so we probably won’t hear the outcome of it by Wednesday. But I doubt they can get overturned, because how they explained it they broke the rules because they put it in the wrong spot and didn’t ask for permission to do that. But we’ll have to wait and see.

Dutto’s interview says a different story. If Burgess says it was great idea for driver cooling, and that rules before this weekend have changed. I don’t know but this is just getting silly which is what we didn’t want.

Can someone please send Dutto this link to the apparently non existent rule book. ;)

That's the third breach from T8 now. I don't think this would happen under RD's watchful eye.

Dutto’s interview says a different story. If Burgess says it was great idea for driver cooling, and that rules before this weekend have changed. I don’t know but this is just getting silly which is what we didn’t want.
It seems that as far as virtually all the other teams are concerned the rules haven't changed in regard to the positioning of the driver's cooling system. ;)

Last edited:
That was a good return to the streets. I didn’t know my wife signed up for the Thrifty access at T1. We were nearly going to walk around the circuit, bit saw people sitting a bit closer to T1 and the runoff area.
CE395A88-4445-4D19-BA5A-6B8C1C63D972.jpeg

Chatted with the guys at Tilley Racing and watched my fav, TCM category.
89E4C4D2-C783-4BF1-802A-0793C8666BDA.jpeg

DAF6A64F-9B53-4DD4-B230-5DBCE38AA9FB.jpeg

The RAAF jet
294E2CEB-FC3D-47AD-A13F-FEDB43EC1643.jpeg

A47A08BE-92E0-491C-956A-7A8A8C5278D5.jpeg

and a pretty exciting finish. Way different than watching on tv.
7EE8E4BB-FF44-4E48-BB47-70E1915C9D20.jpeg
3073A1F2-F2C1-4E43-B788-6E500EEB9536.jpeg

Felt good to have the race back. Would have been something if it rained, but still a good race as it’s a short lap.
Also have to say how good the cars are presented. Even the average liveries of Pizza Hut, SCT(Jack Smith) and the WAU cars. Not one dud in the field though. The Red Bull cars actually do look good. I’d give Fulwood the most striking livery. Looks mean when the headlights are on.

The race would have to be renewed. Seemed like good vibes at the event. Good stuff.

That was a good return to the streets. I didn’t know my wife signed up for the Thrifty access at T1. We were nearly going to walk around the circuit, bit saw people sitting a bit closer to T1 and the runoff area.
View attachment 1238716

Chatted with the guys at Tilley Racing and watched my fav, TCM category.
View attachment 1238717
View attachment 1238722

The RAAF jet
View attachment 1238718
View attachment 1238719

and a pretty exciting finish. Way different than watching on tv.
View attachment 1238720View attachment 1238721

Felt good to have the race back. Would have been something if it rained, but still a good race as it’s a short lap.
Also have to say how good the cars are presented. Even the average liveries of Pizza Hut, SCT(Jack Smith) and the WAU cars. Not one dud in the field though. The Red Bull cars actually do look good. I’d give Fulwood the most striking livery. Looks mean when the headlights are on.

The race would have to be renewed. Seemed like good vibes at the event. Good stuff.
Honestly, the WAU cars are some of my favourite liveries, White Mobil 1 is so simple and clean.

I definitely enjoyed my time here today more than the 1st (was sitting up on the hill past turn 2 again), racing was quite good with decent moments.

Shane acted like d*** after the race, he wasn’t thrilled about what happened this morning, but still have to respect everyone else in the industry. I’m sure when Skaife or others in the past when they’ve had controversy or things not go their way, they still treated the media with respect. Really disappointing. I certainly lost some respect for him.

Honestly, the WAU cars are some of my favourite liveries, White Mobil 1 is so simple and clean.

I definitely enjoyed my time here today more than the 1st (was sitting up on the hill past turn 2 again), racing was quite good with decent moments.
I liked the WAU cars. Certainly no muss no fuss. Camaro and Mustang look like they should.

As for the rac8ng, hope other teams learned their lesson about tyre management. When you see SVG running long, you know he’s going to be fast at the last twenty minutes of a race. He‘s known for that. They should be expecting it.

Shane acted like d*** after the race, he wasn’t thrilled about what happened this morning, but still have to respect everyone else in the industry. I’m sure when Skaife or others in the past when they’ve had controversy or things not go their way, they still treated the media with respect. Really disappointing. I certainly lost some respect for him.
While I agree he was being a bit of a dick at the press conference I believe there's far more to it than him just being a bit of a dick... on this occasion at least (:sly:).

He mentioned him opening up a bit more and trying to be honest about the new car the previous day and it biting him on (or in, I can't remember exactly) the ass. I'm pretty sure T8 had a go at him for disclosing the facts about how they'd (T8) been made to remove the illegal heat wrapping the night before (which would've also been when the (alleged) conversation about the extra ice box on the wrong side of the car would've been discussed).

I think he was put in a no win situation where he chose the ''I can't spill the beans if I don't answer questions'' approach.

Of course I could also be completely wrong and misread the whole situation. :dopey:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Regarding the SVG overtake on Chaz, that's one of those situations where I'd really hate to Bairdo. It wouldn't matter which way he went on it regarding a penalty versus no penalty he probably would've been wrong to 50% of the people. So my opinion is ''it was 50/50, play on''.

Last edited:

Yeah I was wrong. Shane was doing the right thing. If they can’t be critical about the car and if there isn’t really anything good to talk about it and you can’t say anything bad, just stay silent. I watched the whole press conference and it painted a different picture than what Fox presented, which isn’t surprising that Fox did that.

Yeah I was wrong. Shane was doing the right thing. If they can’t be critical about the car and if there isn’t really anything good to talk about it and you can’t say anything bad, just stay silent. I watched the whole press conference and it painted a different picture than what Fox presented, which isn’t surprising that Fox did that.
IMHO respect is a two way street. Skaife saying SVG should show respect to the media while not respecting that drivers can have opinions in the media is a bit off to me.

I was wondering why Kostecki wasn't saying much when he got pole. Now, I see why.

That's wack for actually communicating to the fans, how the drivers really feel. It'd help improve the product if the fans had much more info than what we're shown. Oh well...

Is it fair to say that T8 is the super villain thus far? I mean SVG is one of the best drivers out there, but the team is so shady and easy to hate.

I was wondering why Kostecki wasn't saying much when he got pole. Now, I see why.

That's wack for actually communicating to the fans, how the drivers really feel. It'd help improve the product if the fans had much more info than what we're shown. Oh well...
It was also piss poor from Fox to take a snippet of the press conference which clearly didn’t tell the full story of why Shane was acting that way. They try too hard to create drama and it’s just annoying when they do that. Let it naturally create itself.

Back