225 laps of Special Stage Route 11!

A bit over 23 hours, though there is not time limit from start to hand in results, but it does have to be one race, not 90+90+90+90+90+90+90+90+90+90=900

Ummm, 23 hour's ey...that's almost a 24 hour race. I reckon a super speedway 1000 would be cool.

Yeah that's they point, it's supposed to be 24 hours, but I want to leave it at an even number. A super speedway would be good but since you can't adjust the camber of individual wheels it makes it hard to get a really fast set-up. Oh well. Also, will you be competing in the Monaco 900?

Nope. I never have time for these super enduro's because my PS2 is at my dad's house and my mum wont let me buy my own one. I want to do the 100 lap's of complex string in the next holiday's, I don't know if it will happen tho.

I really should do that one but I've had enough for at least a week.

Since I suck with excel I have also attached my 225 times, could someone please add them up and post them (in .zip format) in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 225 lap times.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 15
The mistake Blake made - and possibly the one everyone else is making - is the format in which times are entered.

You should TYPE the lap time in as m:ss.000 NOT m'ss.000 - although you can tell Excel as I do to display the time as m'ss.000

I've re-done Blake's lap times and we get:
7hr 09'38.326 (average lap time of 1'54.570)
Average Speed 89.05mph/143.28km/h

I've attached Blake's 225 run Excel file as a template - anyone else wishing to run ANY other endurance can download it and type in their own lap times over the top. I have included a ten-lap split time (as I always do), so you'll see if you're doing it right if that's not 00:00.000 when you've type ten lap times in... :D

Remember...

Type in lap times as m:ss.000... :D

Attachments

• superendurance.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 15
I try, I try... :D

Mustang Man, LS500 (not including lap 225): 4hr 57'05.022
Mustang Man, R11 225: 6hr 46'55.782

Out of interest, what happened on LS500 laps 110-120? Did you give the controller to an 8 year old? You went from 1'19 laps to 1'30 laps and one 1'55!

Attachments

• mmenduro.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 15
No, i think that's where i started losing concentration or something. :confused: Same sort of thing happened in the 100 laps of Complex String but not in this latest race as i wanted my times to be consistant as possible. Every time i got a lap over 1:50.xxx i wasn't very happy. :|

But anywho, thanks a lot for adding up all those times! :)

And i normally do type the times in as m:ss.000 too. :embarrassed:

The times in the LS500 were entered m:ss.000, so I'm vaguely confused. But at least now everyone has a template for it.

The only thing I forgot to mention was that for "shorter" races (less than 225 laps) you can delete the rows 112-226, but for the estimated race time you'd need to alter the divisor (from 225/current lap # to total laps/current lap #).

Yeeeehaaaawwww. Got my 556HP Honda S2000 Type V down to a 1:52.285. Now if I could only remember to bring home the rest of the required parts to fix my wheel I could get started on this dumb thing.

Hey fellas, guess I'm going to have to do this one on the weekend. :) (Gets the keys to the Ruf :P)

Question / Suggestion

Are you going to build a point scheme based on horsepower / top speed / fastest lap / etc? That way people driving slower cars could still be very competetive.

I race sailboats on the weekends and we use what are called "corrected times". Each boat is rated as to its individual potential to perform, then each boat's rating and finish time are run through an equation to figure out where it stands in the group. Cars could be done the same way based on ... power to weight ratio or something. Thus making us more competetive.

Basically it takes the machine out of the equation and makes it more an ability of the driver to know his machine.

Ok, I've been poking numbers around and I'm having a real hard time coming up with anything that makes logical sense. Is there already a system for handicapping cars? A rating system of sorts?

It id hard to do. For example, my 598 hp dodge had 2 laps under 1'50.000, but Mustange Man's NSX was disapointed with a lap over 1'50.000 yet his was 510 hp (I think). But his weighed alot less. Mine probably had more torque. His was more aerodynamicaly efficiant (if this game reads into the basic shape of the car) etc etc. It's just to hard to give cars a rated handicap IMO.

The race is meant to be a bit of fun instead of an actual competition. To be 'respected' in this OLR then all you have to do is finish the race. You don't have to win or anything. :)

well today is my first day off and the day that I was goingto crack this ssr 11 BUT !! Ive been out looking for houses today, which is more important than gt3 !! ( I thought nothing was !!)

so its still got to be done - and I cant beleive the r390 and the toyo car have both gone from the list !! nevermind

Time still going to be submitted soon

I'm up for this one. I enjoyed the Complex String so much I'm a sucker for further punishment. Although trying to find a 9-10 hour block of time in my life right now may be rather difficult.

Gah, I'll do it this weekend, I promise...:)

I'll be bored when it comes around, so I'll definitely do it. :D

My attempt starts here

car - ****

Distance driven - 64.9 KM

Power - 523bhp @ 6000 revs

Lap times in testing (only 5 or so laps) around the 1 min 52 sec mark.

Wish me luck !!

well Ive discovered that I cant play GT3 whilst under the influence of Stella

I managed 6 laps and every one was a wall hit and a good second or two behind my quickest lap time !!

Looks like tomorrow night/ the day after morning to complete it !

HA !! No I cant

Im at lap 100 - my thumb is killing me, even though I've had more than one sitting its properly hardening up now !

I recorded my quickest lap so far at lap 91 - I though the car lost HP after the oil light came on ??
Nearly there though - well to half way anyway !!

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
well Ive discovered that I cant play GT3 whilst under the influence of Stella

In terms of GT3, I'm at my best when nicely drunk... :D

Meh, I just can't have fun with GT3 anymore...:| So I won't be doing any more super endurance thingies....though I will with GT4.

Will only be one more race in this series (for GT3) and i'm not sure whether to make it another 6-7 hour race or a shorter one.

Back