225 Star Club

• Thread starter ChrisWAFC
  • 105 comments
UPDATE
/ 585
Just did an epic 101,000 XP session top get the final Star.

584 / 585

Loving the game and the Season Pass is up there with BF4, FC3 and FC4 as the best I have bought.

Damn Venom Hot Lap 2 keeping me from maintaining by 100% status. I have done 50+ laps and am still 1.7s off the 3rd Star. The worst thing is that I have nailed all corners now but just cannot manage it on the same lap.

I shall never surrender!!! Besides, I enjoying it too much to give in anyway.

Roll on Lamborghini Pack.

Last edited:
YES!!! Level 50 and 585 stars at last!
Zd49OZ6.jpg

87WJiXN.jpg

Just reached level 50 last night after getting 1:19:8xx on the Venom Hot Lap 2 in the Elements tour, god that was a relief and a hell of a reward.

Then I thought I was almost done with the extra tours but then realized there's 4 more, plus the 2 Tuesday.

This game is ridiculous for how much they keep adding, I love it. Much better than some seasonals and crap.

Just completed the DRIVECLUB Tour, those final races were so exciting.
The Venom Hot Lap gave me a lot of headaches and now I read that there is another one in the Elements Tour, oh god :banghead:

So, I finally stopped wasting time taking pictures and finished the remaining DC Tour events. The Venom Hot Lap was the only one giving me a hard time, the rest was a piece of cake.

Not excited to hear about a second Venom Hot Lap, in wet condition too :scared:

So, I finally stopped wasting time taking pictures and finished the remaining DC Tour events. The Venom Hot Lap was the only one giving me a hard time, the rest was a piece of cake.

Not excited to hear about a second Venom Hot Lap, in wet condition too :scared:
Venom Hot Lap 2 is a bit more challenging, but not that much. Just brake a bit earlier and don't overdo your throttle on the way out of corners. Study each corner, try to find the best line and speed to each one and chain them together slowly. And most important of all: MEMORIZE THE COURSE. Don't rely on the minimap, but only on visual cues on the track.

It took me two days and around 20 restarts, but I made it.

Get ready for "Dusk till Dawn" on the Midnight tour: night, heavy rain, hypercars, tight corners, aggresive AI and, worse of all, 9 mandatory face-off on the 13 laps. Real pain in the ass.

Get ready for "Dusk till Dawn" on the Midnight tour: night, heavy rain, hypercars, tight corners, aggresive AI and, worse of all, 9 mandatory face-off on the 13 laps. Real pain in the ass.
Is it even harder than this? In this video it appears to be easy but on my screen I couldn't see a damn thing.

Is it even harder than this? In this video it appears to be easy but on my screen I couldn't see a damn thing.

This was really easy compared to the Venom hot lap, However i thought the DLC Venom hotlap was much easier than the one in the tour.

Believe me: the AI on Dusk till Dawn is FAR MORE aggressive than this. The last event on the Elements tour had poor visibility, but the AI was much more manageable.

Believe me: the AI on Dusk till Dawn is FAR MORE aggressive than this. The last event on the Elements tour had poor visibility, but the AI was much more manageable.
You weren't kidding. I beaten this race today after more than 20 tries, beating the challenges wasn't hard, I had an hard time keeping the 1st place against the Gumpert Apollo and Pagani Zonda R.

You weren't kidding. I beaten this race today after more than 20 tries, beating the challenges wasn't hard, I had an hard time keeping the 1st place against the Gumpert Apollo and Pagani Zonda R.
Thing is, you don't actually need to have first place, third is all that is required for the top star (assuming that you're still talking about the Dusk til Dawn race.)

I only got around to it yesterday and didn't find the AI to be any less or more aggressive than usual. Also, the visibility was pretty easy, well, once it had stopped raining it was. I enjoyed the variety of a thirteen lap race.

Thing is, you don't actually need to have first place, third is all that is required for the top star (assuming that you're still talking about the Dusk til Dawn race.)
If my main goal was being in the top 3 like the game reminds you, then it wouldn't be that hard but you know, I race to be in 1st place even if the event doesn't require it.

If my main goal was being in the top 3 like the game reminds you, then it wouldn't be that hard but you know, I race to be in 1st place even if the event doesn't require it.
I'm sure we all do, that's the lure that brings us back and that kind of challenge gives the event replayability - I suppose the later seasonals in GT5 were similar in approach, winning was one challenge, to do so in a lower class car made it all the more fun.

Back