24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,470 views
For new comers, I believe Lucas' Team had tire issues early on and lost a lot of time.
 
Making GT5 racers proud Lucas! :gtpflag:
 
The official live timing is difficult. I now have no idea what's the time interval between cars in each class...

The #55 is lapping really fast and catching the #89 Ferrari... The #56 BMW and #51 Ferrari are cathing the leader.
 
EDIT: Sorry about this, my internet is pissing me off!
 
# 15 rejoins after long stop for steering repairs.

Ford GT # 68 is suffering with a gear selector problem.
 
Aston just spun in GTE
 
In previous years, the ACO live timing had the gaps on each lap (e.g. a car behind another car both being 2 laps down). I don't know why they haven't this year, I agree its difficult to really follow the race with only lap differences.
 
The Evora's are still alive...they're the Spyker this year. :P Can't wait to see Spyker return next year with their new car
 
# 007 Aston Martin is officially retired, a sad end. #007 now officially retired.
 
LOL @ Aston Martin's latest tweet!!! http://twitter.com/#!/AMR_Official

The crew from 007 and 009 have now joined "Customer Teams", I presume privateer GT Astons.

Talk about Cotomer Sevis! (Jalopnik.com meme)
 
How ironic: Audi's tubs are built by Dallara in Italy and Peugeot's Tubs come from Germany...just when I thought my mind couldn't be more blown.
 
The # 007 Aston Martin completed 4 laps, the # 009 Aston Martin only 2 laps following problems. All AMR technicians and mechanis have joined the customer teams to help out. # 60 Aston Martin spins at Dunlop and continues.
 
There's always been a ton of outsourcing in motorsports. Nothing new really.
 
# 9 Peugeot pits for fuel only. The leader, # 7 Peugeout is in the pit lane, no tyres or driver change, fuel only. #7 in, #2 will retake lead.
 
The crew from 007 and 009 have now joined "Customer Teams", I presume privateer GT Astons.

Kronos Racing in LMP1 too.
 
There's always been a ton of outsourcing in motorsports. Nothing new really.

Well I know that (Porsche and Fabcar come to mind), its where the tubs come from that makes it ironic.
 
# 9 Peugeot pits for fuel only. The leader, # 7 Peugeout is in the pit lane, no tyres or driver change, fuel only. #7 in, #2 will retake lead.

Sadly, at least to me, #2 hasn't taken the lead. I'm fearing the strategy of Audi is a bit troubled, the car is consuming too much fuel. I hope I'm wrong and I'm able to open a couple of beers to celebrate Audi's win tomorrow...
 
# 1 Sudi is right on the tail of the # 7 Peugeout for 2nd place. # 20 Zytec is officially retired.
 
Radio Le Mans's background song sounds familiar..."She sells sanctuary" from GT4 anyone? :lol:
 
It's not the year for Aston martin... :(
Kronos Lola is last in LMP1 and the GTPro Vantage is not doing so well for now.
But stil 19 hours + to go :)
 
Kronos are still going...
 
# 1 Sudi is right on the tail of the # 7 Peugeout for 2nd place. # 20 Zytec is officially retired.

Stop copying twitter posts, they can't spell. ;)
 
"GT1 doo-lally.. no it was always doo-lally" Hhahaha Eurosport and Hugh Chamberlain brilliance.
 
#1 Audi's pitted from 3rd and hasn't gotten past the #7 908...looks bad for them.

...But it was only for fuel. So at least they'll be able to stay closer.
 
Jousse passed Jani, go Pescarolo for the LMP1.5 win!!!!!!
 
In the GTE Pro class, the #51 Ferrari AF Corse is definitely the fastest GT car on track currently, now got the lead and leaving the #74 Corvette with a gap now at around 18 seconds. The #56 BMW is losing too much time in every lap for some reason. After the safety car green flag, they and the #51 Ferrari was close but now have almost a minute gap between them...
 
Pescarolo back out in front in the petrol class. :)
 
Back