24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,406 views
What is this penalty I'm hearing about on Speed?
 
What is this penalty I'm hearing about on Speed?

Stop and go for the #8 Peugeot, because a pit crew member wasn't wearing his visor during the last stop.
 
What is this penalty I'm hearing about on Speed?

#8 Peugeot has a 1 minute stop & go penalty, i've heard it could be could because a mechanic was not wearing a certain piece of protective equipment.
 
#8 Peugeot has a 1 minute stop & go penalty, i've heard it could be could because a mechanic was not wearing a certain piece of protective equipment.
They said here a mechanic didn't have his visor down.
 
Wow, that stop and go penalty must be the worse thing ever, having to sit there and wait for something that wasn't even your fault! How long do they wait?!

(45 seconds?)

(Not really with it this morning, didn't sleep well at all and I feel slightly ill..... damn)
 

-Epic fail on driver's part. WAY too fast on entry to that overtake results in THAT. Thankfully no one was hurt:nervous:

I assume Audi's mostly out for class leading, let alone the rest of the LMS:scared:
 
A quarter of the race to go *sleepy eyes*
 
They said here a mechanic didn't have his visor down.

Safety in the pitlane is very important but I don't think the driver should be penalised as a result. I think a fine would have been more appropriate.
 
Wow,Wurz still races,I thought he retired after F1 in the 2000
 
Hm, the Audi still tries to barge through the backmarkers..... not so good.
 
Wow,Wurz still races,I thought he retired after F1 in the 2000

Have you forgotten his 2007 season with Williams? Or his win at Le Mans in 2009?
 
He needs to get through them quick if they're to win.

He's taking risks but without them they'll lose.
 
That Audi is flying insanely quickly! 3.26?! The Pug (for comparison) is doing 3:28 to 3:30's.

Edit: I want my blipverts back.... :(
 
Am I the only one that thinks the Pug's strategy to stay out an extra lap is dumb?

(unless you're an Audi fan, of course) :lol:
 
I reckon the Audi could go 12 laps but they're going with the short stop strategy to take on less fuel per stint. Less fuel = less weight which means the 2 car can go banzai lap after banzai lap and make up for the extra stops.
 
I have to ask. What the hell are those blue lights in some of the drivers cockpits? Is there a reason for them?
 
Can you explain your reasoning?
The Pugs are not pushing as hard to get that extra lap, losing time. Meanwhile, the Audi is pulling away and their pit stop takes less time since less fuel is needed. It's the same strategy they were following at the start of the race and it ended up with the Audi getting ahead by 2 minutes.

On a side note, I'm looking at the radar and rain might be coming before the end of the race. Doesn't look heavy, though.
 
I reckon the Audi could go 12 laps but they're going with the short stop strategy to take on less fuel per stint. Less fuel = less weight which means the 2 car can go banzai lap after banzai lap and make up for the extra stops.

What about the tyres?they last for about 5 laps and then they become ineffective.
 
*Crossing fingers that the lead LMP2 car has a problem*

:nervous:
 
What about the tyres?they last for about 5 laps and then they become ineffective.

Lol what? This isn't GT5....those tyres can last 4 stints if looked after (one stint is ~45mins/12 laps.
 
Magnussen lost the tail and crashed into a Porsche after the Porsche curves section (the turn before the road with the pits).

A shame for them though, they were really strong up to that incident and now lost up to 20 laps from the class leader...

The weather at the moment is sunny and dry, I don't think we'll see a rain in at least the next 2 hours...

#55 BMW is in the garage, I think they're replacing something at the front...
 
Lol what? This isn't GT5....those tyres can last 4 stints if looked after (one stint is ~45mins/12 laps.

Damn they cant last that long,specially with that pace,10 laps is believably though.
 
Damn they cant last that long,specially with that pace,10 laps is believably though.

Really? You doubt they could last even 10 laps? Dude, how many times have you seen the Audi or Peugeot take on tyres in the last few stops? Its been like once every 3-4 stops...
 
.... The tyres manufacturers would make sure to create super sticky but super durable tyres as well. Its good practice and also leads to better brand awareness if the car does insanely well on those tyres.

So, 12 laps is doable. Or even more. I haven't really been keeping up with the tyres with the cars....
 
Back