24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
So, Audi's now officially the seconds most successful manufacturer at Le Mans, only second to Porsche.

Yeah, but Porsche has been at it for years and years. Audi came and was like,"oh, look, I won LeMans"...

We'll I'll go back to bed now.

Last edited:
AUDI AUDI AUDI AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Another win for the manufactaror who won Le Mans several years since 2001! WHOOOO!!!!! :D

This race certainly had it all.

Lone wolf winner, both team mates taken out in massive accidents.

And a winning margin of 15seconds was it after 24hrs.

I still can't believe that you build two unique cars, put them on a 13 km long track for 24 hours with 56 cars.. And you end up with 13 secs between 1 & 2. Amazing race!

Yeah, not a bad race, but I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed Audi won, and I'm disappointed that BMW only managed to get one car to the end of the race, and only a 3rd at that :(

Yeah, not a bad race, but I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed Audi won, and I'm disappointed that BMW only managed to get one car to the end of the race, and only a 3rd at that :(

They need small-blocks :sly: just ask the Vettes

I have to say though, the R18 TDI is a stunning car. It looks brilliant and it proves that POWERRRR is always better than fuel economy. ;)

BMW only managed to get one car to the end of the race, and only a 3rd at that :(

They've got the same bad luck as last year. Only this year they have a far better pace and early reliability... Hopefully they can pull it up for next year 👍

hats off to Audi, 2 Peugeot's were 1st and 2nd respectively. I wake up with 30 minutes to go Audi is well in the lead. I was rooting for Peugeot, but congrats to Audi another win in the history books.

Interesting that the team that made the most pit stops managed to win the race. Considering it is widely thought that the less time spent in the pit lane the better.

Thanks for sharing this experience with me guys...same time next year, boys. Where the result for this shall be much, much different.

You prove us Audi fans can get along with the Pug ones. Same time next year my boy, the result will be much different indeed. FULL AUDI PODIUM :D!

Well its been a great race and great sharing this experiance with you guys. I'm out for some much needed rest. Later:tup:

Interesting that the team that made the most pit stops managed to win the race. Considering it is widely thought that the less time spent in the pit lane the better.

I believe they showed a list on eurosport showing that despite having more pit stops, Audi actually spent less time in the pits.
Not 100%, so can anyone back that up?

So long as they work out the issues before the N24... I'd rather they had success there (since they will be competing for outright win, rather than class win).

working out the issues = swapping in small blocks :D

I'm off to bed now, a pleasure following this with y'all gentleman.

Congrats to Nissan for 1-2 finish in the LMP2 class, mabye they will come into LMP1 class. Lucas really showed that sim racers can make it big, he is definitely going to be there next year.

DAVE

I believe they showed a list on eurosport showing that despite having more pit stops, Audi actually spent less time in the pits.
Not 100%, so can anyone back that up?

I can, I saw Team Joest atop the table regarding time spent in pits. That last pit stop where Audi could refuel and change tyres and still exit pitlane leading while Pug only fueled was the sign of an unbelievably skilled pit crew.

Wow. That was epic! My heart was going mental right to the line and I was holding back the tears on the slowing down lap. Despite the driving incidents involving the Peugeot's, it's been a truly fantastic battle up front. Same goes for P2, GTE Pro and Am. 👍 👍 :)

Dead chuffed a Corvette won GTE-Pro and the results by Signatech and Robertson racing. Congratulations to all the other teams who managed to finish. 👍

I am definitely going next year!!

In the end, we have a total of 27 cars didn't make it to the end and aa... I heard that a GTE Pro Ferrari that caused the Audi #1 incident got excluded?

They made more pit stops, but they spent LESS time than any of the Peugeots.

@Invincible - Yes it was, for dangerous driving.

Back