24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,282 views
Very bad sight... BMW #56 just spun and hit the wall due to a dirt on the track...
 
Dang... better luck in the darkness Peugeot!
 
1 hour break, then we'll go on again...
 
Are times expected to be as fast with the cooler track temps?
 
That's a good point, however the track should be cleaner and in better condition than it was in the previous session.

Should be a cracking session either way!
 
Wow that was exciting as all hell. Audi literally stealing pole from under Pug's nosehairs. Not that important in 24 hours but they sure know how to make it exciting. And we get to see what these diesels can do all out.

Following Luxury Racing pretty closely. J.Melo moved the 59 car from 10th up to 8th, so the team has taken 8-9 so far. Oh well, at least there's a 458 on pole :P
 
How is the final grid position determined? Is it the aggregate time from both sessions or what?

This is obviously the first year I've kept up with the race as closely as I am. I usually just watch ~8hrs of the race.
 
Fastest single lap from the sessions.
 
787B :drool:

Edit: I wonder how that car would do if Mazda entered it into this years race. :D
 
Following Luxury Racing pretty closely. J.Melo moved the 59 car from 10th up to 8th, so the team has taken 8-9 so far. Oh well, at least there's a 458 on pole :P

Session red flagged and the luxury ferrari is in the gravel?
 
Is Signatech's car still all flat-black?

Edit: Think they just took the pole in LMP2...

Edit 2: Yes to both of my questions, never mind.
 
Last edited:
Oh man Audi are really pushing the advertising on eurosport.. .......c'mon Peugeot
 
BMW in trouble?
 
Pfft, it's only qualifying... they'll be fine in the race....

..

..

..

:scared:

I doubt it'll stop them in any serious manner... I hope so, at least. The M3 were going very strong, would be a shame to see one getting lost.

Hah, as it seems, Farfus took the pole in GTE Pro as I'm typing this :lol:

Edit: BMW won't get the crashed car fixed up in time to get out on the track today, but it'll be up and running for the race.
 
Wow both Audi and Peugeot look awesome at night.
Pagenaud about to run!
 
Loving the commentary about the blinding lights of the R18 :lol:
 
Session red flagged and the luxury ferrari is in the gravel?

I missed it! Only watching the night qualy now. Heard a slight mention. Melo's time came down about a second and some it seems, though the car is in the pits according to live timing.
 
Lol, Michael Waltrip, maybe not the best ambassador for NASCAR :D :D

edit:- but really nice bloke :)
 
787B :drool:

Edit: I wonder how that car would do if Mazda entered it into this years race. :D

I assuming your question was hypothetical :)

If anyone looking for live streaming options and one that has english (via Eurosport) commentary check out super-sports but here are the extensive live stream: http://bit.ly/lJwa9X
 
OAK Pescarolo is trouble
 
When he referenced Ricky Bobby, I was like "Oh jeeze..." :lol:

Ha ha, yes but at least he doesn't take himself too seriously, and he's honest.

I wish they'd stop ragging on Oval racing though.. like La sarthe is the hardest track in the world... pfft... that test comes in 2 weeks time :D
 
Come on it was hilarious when he was telling the interviewer how difficult it was with "all the turns" :P
 
Back