24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
Being that I've already beaten the endurance hall, I'd like to say that your playstation (or your roommates in my case) can stay on for days at a time. I drove the 24 hours at Nurburgring in a 24 hour session, taking my own pit stops twice to use the bathroom and crack open a new case of Mountain Dew. Take a couple No-Doze, and man up, because these races define who you are in the world of GT4.

I leave my PS2 on continuously, for a few years now without any bad effects...other than having to take it apart a few times to wipe the lens with alcohol. It is a computer for all intents and purposes and is probably much happier never being powered off. The DVD drive spins down when not in use so there is no wear problem there.

AE86Driver
Thanks a lot for your replies so far everybody ^.^! After talking to a couple of my friends,I've realized that they have also left their PS2 on for a couple of days,and...no problem. I just wish I had someone to partner up with kinda,cause 24 hours by myself on the saaaaame course..OVER..and OVER..and OVER probably would get reeeeeeally boring/tiring x_x.

~Ja ne~

Those 24 hour races are cool but if you indeed have a social life or parents that want to see tv etc, its very hard to do it. I just think I do it with some friends or when I'm home alone.

*begins stomping his foot into the ground* I have a life thank you >.<! Eh..it just revolves around anime and video games ._.

AE86Driver

:lol: Sorry guys,couldn't help myself,hahaha

My turn to A-spec the 'ring 24hr race...

I'll be starting in about half an hours' time (~9am GMT). Will hopefully get finished by lunchtime Sunday - although I've already got a few breaks lined up (for one, someone's coming to look at the car I'm selling at 10am!) I'll be doing this in one sitting as far as possible, though; answering the calls of nature and eating should be the only other reasons to pause the game. And maybe to visit my site and answer some questions.

I've set up a webcam, watching both the PS2 and myself, so you can see if I fall asleep or not. There's also a questions page where you can ask me anything, or just call me insane, and I'll try to answer. For obvious reasons, it won't be a prompt reply! 'fraid I won't be able to come here and update; too many sites to get round if I try that.

For now, tara...

i just started a-spec 24hrs nurburgring in an re-amemiya rx7. just an oil change and added tires.

58min's into it only and im 12 sec's back in 2nd place with a bmw gtr in the lead. i hope i can pull this off, lol.

I am letting the B-Spec mode race for me in the 24hrs nurburgring, because I have work at 6am and Thruxton after 9am started it at 6pm yesterday 9 hours done 80 laps completed.

In 1st racing with a Audi R8.

should be extremely easy for your bspec driver then.

i just plan on pausing the game when i have work in the morning or class at night :)

I don't do B-Spec in all the races only in the long races because of work, if I did not have work I would of done some of the racing.

I just started the Nurb 24 hour race, I did the first stint (5 laps) myself, my B-Spec driver has done 2 stints and is on his 3rd, I'm planning on taking over the next stint....

Blake

3hrs into it now :) finally in the lead by 50 sec's. didnt play it straight 3 hrs though, pause hang out with the gf, dinner, etc.

seems this may take a week to finish. :scared:

Its finished but I told my mum to not turn off my PS2, while it was happening I also left a note next to it saying racing in process do not turn off.

AE86Driver
Alright everyone. I know the 24 Hour Endurance Race has already been discussed in other threads,so please do not tell me,"Use the search button n00b!". I am just beginning this thread to discuss about it. Becuase I am planning on trying to take this Endurance Race on sometime soon. Well...my first idea or plan about this race was to race for 8 hours a day,three days in a row,leaving my PS2 on the whole time >_>;. I scratched that idea quickly,because I am kinda worried about the side effects of my PS2. Secondly,I thought,"Well..maaaaybe I can divide it up into two days,by racing 12 hours today,then tomorrow". Eh...ALSO a bad idea. Once again,I'd have to leave my PS2 on overnight,THEN I'd have to leave it on even longer while I'd be at school -.-'. Sooooo...I've come to the conclusion that I will perform the 24 Hour Endurance Race during ONE sitting @_@. I mean,sure,I'll take like a 5-10 minute break every 6 hours,but when I begin the race,I will not quit until I am finished..and rather than the prize money,my bigger reward that I will be looking forward to,will be sleep,hahaha. So..what I am wanting to discuss with you is,A. Has anybody done this so far? B. For all the people who has completed this race already,what did you do and what were the results afterwards? C. Do you really think I'll be able to do something like this? Everyone around me seems to keep telling me,"It isn't possible! Until I see you record it with a video camera,I won't believe it! Physically,you are prepared for it,but mentally..NO WAY!",so..what's your opinion? and D. Not to be selfish or anything here by saying this,but...do you think I would get some good recognition for doing something this crazy?! o.O!

Thank you for your time

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~
redrite-I am doing the race as i write this..its quite simple really-all you need to do is buy a very fast car like the AMG merc CLK GTR race car...soop it up and go on b-spec. Ok then-its still gonna take 24 hrs..but what about going on the race moniter and holding L1 and right on the d pad? its seems the race goes 3x as fast! iun this way, you can finnish the race in a single DAY.

email me bk 4 querires
nick

Indeed. Though it isn't as if you're the first to notice that.

Takes more than 8 hours though, as every time you pit, it resets to 1x :grumpy: and if you don't notice you can waste valuable time:

Game time: 24h02m
Theoretical real time: c. 8h01m
Actual real time: 9h17m
Quite a difference.

Funny, i knew it would finish at about 7:00pm, and i had to go out at 6:45 and leave it running. I came back at 9:30 to see the credits STILL scrolling down!!! it had got to about 346,000 counting down ten by ten by ten...

:)
Hun200kmh
As I've stated elsewhere, I already made a 24 hour PS2 race, straight from 16:00 PM Saturday to 16:00 Sunday. This was in the Le Mans game, and I did it with friends, taking turns at the wheel.

It is one of the best gaming experiences I've had to this date. And I'm looking forward to do it again this summer.

However I don't think I will do that in GT4. This game has considerable flaws in simulating 24 hour races, and I guess the 2 hour "endurance" races in GT3 are the most I can endure without getting bored to death.

But if you think you will get fun from racing the 24 hours GT4 races, I suggest you get some friends to share that experience with you. That's the way it should be done anyway, it takes a team of at least three drivers to engage in such races.

24hr Enduros would be cool if it had Day to Night Changes!!
Don't you think :) ?
I'm hoping that is included in GT5
I mean...CMON!! 24hr Enduro yet the SUN IS OUT THE WHOLE TIME...unreal!!
Note: If you feel you want to tell everyone what you want in GT5 there is a thread,just letting you know...
thanks
L28eT

im having abit of trouble, after about 13hours racing my chassis is knackerd, at over 190mph it wont go in a striat line, and its pretty much undriveable, B-spec man puts it in the wall atleast 3 times on the molsane and i have alot of trouble holding it at over 190 - if i can.
the only way to stop this is to referesh the chassis then the car is fine again, but obviously that isnt any use when your in the middle of a 24hour race!
anyone else had this problem?

nick

L28eT
:)

24hr Enduros would be cool if it had Day to Night Changes!!
Don't you think :) ?
I'm hoping that is included in GT5
I mean...CMON!! 24hr Enduro yet the SUN IS OUT THE WHOLE TIME...unreal!!
Note: If you feel you want to tell everyone what you want in GT5 there is a thread,just letting you know...
thanks
L28eT

Similarly for Tsukuba 9 hr endurance, how freaky is it when you need to look into the same glare at the same place for 9 hours!

*begins chanting some random words,waving his hands around in a circular motion...his arms then begin moving in a Bruce Lee mirage motion,creating multiple images of his arms* woooooo....I reply back finally everyone~! Sorry to have raised dead topic,but I want updates on your race guys! I took a REEEEALLY long break from this site/fourm XDD,but...I have returned :lol:! Wow..someone quoted a lot of my previous post..well..one of my previous posts and they was talking about running it B-Spec =O! I say "ack x_X!",buuut..it's whatever you guys wanna do really ^.^! I'll just tell you right now though,I have more respect for someone who runs the races in A-Spec,soooo..keep up the wonderful work everyone and please feel free to post updates! Sankyuu da ne~<3!

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

This is being quoted from my other post in the 'Ring 24hr race topic. I will make a new topic as well so everyone can sleep easy ! :

HOW TO DO ( OR NOT DO ) 24Hr RACES !

Im utterly ammazed that none of you seem to have figured this one out for yourselves yet, although to be fair it isn't at all obvious.
If you don't know about this you are going to kick yourself right about now ...

To complete a 24 hr race :

Take a LeMans car ( Bentely 8 Speed or Audi R8 )
Equipp with Medium tyres at the FRONT, Hard tires at the REAR.
Set pace to 5 and overtake ON ...
Once your car has overtaken the pack set pace to 3 and overtake.

NOW ->

Leave your man driving, disconnect the optical cable from your PS2 and television ( if you wish ), but make sure to leave the power on. Go about your daily bussiness ! Come back in 24Hrs exactly and ... Hey, you now have a trophy and hopefully a nice car to show for it as well ;)

Belive me when I say that you don't need to touch a thing ...

Wow....ahem...I don't mean to sound rude here,but...thank you for explaining what plenty of other members have already told us how to do..which is,complete one of the 24Hour Endurance races in B-Spec ^.^;. I think we've already covered this topic well enough. In B-Spec your driver either wins or loses,simple as that. In A-Spec we get to at least hear of different experiences because it is coming from the actual driver,not AI. Thank you :P!

~Ja ne~

AE86Driver

I just completed the 24 Hours of Le Mans in B-Spec mode. It was about 5:25 PM CDT Friday, and after B-Speccing up to x3, now it's around 3:25 AM CDT. Since I B-Spec'ed the endurance race (all of it), my weapon was the Pescarolo Courage with a Stage 4 Turbo upgrade. The B-Spec racer raced it just about perfect, owning everyone that has an engine, some wheels, and a poor sap of a driver. It finished with over 410 laps complete. Now I'm starting to wish GT5 allows you to save during endurances :lol:. After I won my silver/red Audi R8 and got my paper... I mean, my Credits, I have only two uphill battles left, the other Le Mans race, and then the Nurburgring endurance.

Now, I know that it was disappointing not to see cycles in daytime, but as I say, 24 hours is still 24 hours, even if it's not reflected during the course of the race. Now if you want time cycles through races, plus the Le Mans endurance itself, get the old title for Dreamcast and PS2, "Le Mans 24 Hours." Assuming you're playing a PS2, get the PS2 version. Melbourne House and (then) Infogrames made this masterpiece in 2001, featuring the cars and stars of the 2000 Le Mans endurance. Plus, you can race against as many as 24 competitors.

Regardless, I'm proud of the job Polyphony Digital did with this game and the Le Mans race tracks. I, too, would have liked to have seen cycles in daytime, but I'm not seriously bothered. I'm not really into playing a game for extended periods of time, especially Nurburgring or Le Mans. If you can play the game for that long and be able to tell all your friends about it, I admire you. It isn't that I can play one race for that long at once, it's just that I'm not really like that. People have many interests and have many different skill levels. I'm very skilled at GT, but this extreme challenge was a big one for me. And I got it done didn't I? I wanted to at least unlock the Audi R8. Regardless, if you're serious about racing and want a big pay in GT4, the endurances are the way to go, so check it out.

At this time i'm in the 20th hour....i've B-spected during my night sleep....and now i'm making 1 rest before i finish....in total i've B-spected 8 hours.....not bad for me....

I have no afraid if my PS2 cook in hell......HweY....2 years warranty.....Hell yeah....

I didn't see anything that talk about some turn on limited hours in the box....LOL

I'm exepecting to get The black F1.....because i can't get the Black FTO in the tokyo endurance.....LOL

Bouyo
This is being quoted from my other post in the 'Ring 24hr race topic. I will make a new topic as well so everyone can sleep easy ! :

HOW TO DO ( OR NOT DO ) 24Hr RACES !

Im utterly ammazed that none of you seem to have figured this one out for yourselves yet, although to be fair it isn't at all obvious.
If you don't know about this you are going to kick yourself right about now ...

To complete a 24 hr race :

Take a LeMans car ( Bentely 8 Speed or Audi R8 )
Equipp with Medium tyres at the FRONT, Hard tires at the REAR.
Set pace to 5 and overtake ON ...
Once your car has overtaken the pack set pace to 3 and overtake.

NOW ->

Leave your man driving, disconnect the optical cable from your PS2 and television ( if you wish ), but make sure to leave the power on. Go about your daily bussiness ! Come back in 24Hrs exactly and ... Hey, you now have a trophy and hopefully a nice car to show for it as well ;)

Belive me when I say that you don't need to touch a thing ...

Hah, I do that too... but I just leave it on 4 from the start. I would imagine that with hard tires in the back, 5 would be too much, even if just for the start... and it would probably actually pass the cars faster in 4 because of the tighter turns... passing on the outside is far more difficult.

I also use the F1 car, not a LeMans because it's just way faster.... and enables me to leave it on 4 without it spinning out or anything on red tires.
F1 handeling... woosh... and of course that'd mean I don't have hard tires in the back either.

I've completed pretty much every race in the game... however there are a couple specific-car manufacturer's races left. I hate the missions, haven't finished em all yet... they're way harder than the races. Damn missions... see, with the missions I don't have my tuning advantage, they make me use some car I hate... and it's no fun.

As for PS2 survival... I leave mine all the time. My dad has thrown it, like... really thrown it... it's been hit by basketballs. My sister has put coins in it... and it works fine.

Mine is Japanese as I live in Japan, and I've had it since day 1.

However... the optical and sound cables that go to the television suck. I've had to replace them like 4 times already and I never abuse them. Often times the screen flickers and I have to go jiggle the cords around or wedge an eraser between the cords and part of the T.V... starting to piss me off...

Oh and congrats guys on your accomplishments when it comes to racing marathons, A-Spec. I could never do it... I just can't convince myself that it would even be worth it... but it's impressive nonetheless.

im currently doin nuremburg 24h, 7 hours in, 9 lap lead. doin it in the toyota minolta 89' race car, and i only just found out that it automatically pits and chooses the stuf fyou have selected on its own if you leave it!!!!!!

im 32% thought the game and i didn tknow that lol.

I completed this drive a-spec. The race took me 45.25 hours real time. I did four hours one night, ten hours or so the next two days. After that I slept for a while.
During the race I slept at night, had breakfast in the morning et. i had a normal life. Running the race a-spec isn't so hard, just take a car that you like to drive that will go around easily enough in about seven minuts.
My opponent was a BMW race car and he laped at 8 lapes per hour, that is an average of 7.5 minutes per lap. I lapped at nine laps per hour which averages out at 6.5 minutes per lap (i think!).
I have written this race up under the title nurburgring 24 hour a-spec report in this forum. Have a look.

Thank you for replying to this old thread foghorn,to tell us about your wonderful experience! I congratulate you greatly XD! Could you please paste in here about what happened as well?! I am sure everyone here would like to look upon the experience of a survivor,hahahaha :lol:! Please consider posting your notes in here as well though! Thank you again foghorn! Much appreciated! And congrat =^..^=!!

~Ja ne~

AE86Driver

i want to do the 24 hour race but i don't want to spend that much time racing so i tried b spec and sped it up 3x faster but once it goes in the pit it goes back to regular speed does anyone know how to fix that:?.

Back