24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
jplum1556
i want to do the 24 hour race but i don't want to spend that much time racing so i tried b spec and sped it up 3x faster but once it goes in the pit it goes back to regular speed does anyone know how to fix that:?.

you cant :P

you have to press x3 after pit and again forever :P

if your doing it in a faster car for instance i had a quick go in the bmw 4.5 mill car and was averaging 6.20 as aposed to the competitions 7.20 a lap if you multiply that by 24 hours you only need to race for 20 hours then you just leave it for the time to elapse with your huge lead you will win wont it?

help.

Bouyo
This is being quoted from my other post in the 'Ring 24hr race topic. I will make a new topic as well so everyone can sleep easy ! :

HOW TO DO ( OR NOT DO ) 24Hr RACES !

Im utterly ammazed that none of you seem to have figured this one out for yourselves yet, although to be fair it isn't at all obvious.
If you don't know about this you are going to kick yourself right about now ...

To complete a 24 hr race :

Take a LeMans car ( Bentely 8 Speed or Audi R8 )
Equipp with Medium tyres at the FRONT, Hard tires at the REAR.
Set pace to 5 and overtake ON ...
Once your car has overtaken the pack set pace to 3 and overtake.

NOW ->

Leave your man driving, disconnect the optical cable from your PS2 and television ( if you wish ), but make sure to leave the power on. Go about your daily bussiness ! Come back in 24Hrs exactly and ... Hey, you now have a trophy and hopefully a nice car to show for it as well ;)

Belive me when I say that you don't need to touch a thing ...

So if you do that, your driver won't pit? He will just carry on driving with red tyres?

Ah now I understand lol. I'd never done an endurance race before (hadn't unlocked the hall). I am doing Nurb 24 hours right now. I'm using the Alfa Romeo 155 Touring Car, stock, super hard tyres. I did the first stint myself, had to pit after 4 laps because the car understeers so badly and chews up the front tyres. I built up a 1:30 lead in those 4 laps. I let my B-spec driver take over and he is doing his best to lose the lead. It is now 22 seconds after 15 laps!

Hun200kmh
I suggest you get some friends to share that experience with you.QUOTE]

thats a good idea. anotherthing that would help, is to take a peace of paper or somthing to cower the overall time...:) it just stresses you like hell! :scared: :yuck:

I've a speced the Sarthe II enduro with BMW V12LMR and I've a speced the Nurburgring one.

If you have the time, a spec it, great experience and its fun trying to beat your best lap for ages.

alcaeus
How many laps is this?

Nurburgring 24h - Can range from 180 - 220 Car Dependant

Sarthe I 24h - 350+ Car Dependant

Sarthe II 24h - Can Range From 400 - 440 Car Dependant

This is only a vauge outline but I hope it helps.

George Morley
Nurburgring 24h - Can range from 180 - 220 Car Dependant

Sarthe I 24h - 350+ Car Dependant

Sarthe II 24h - Can Range From 400 - 440 Car Dependant

This is only a vague outline but I hope it helps.

Yeah, that's quite a good estimate for you... But you could add a '+' to the end of each as there are cars that can easily exceed these bounds. The most notable being the Formula Gran Turismo '04 (I love that car, hence my name...:dunce:). My most recent 24 hours at the 'Ring (A-Spec, B-Spec is slightly lower) produced 243 laps. But as George pointed out, it's very car dependant.

Good luck to you, you won't need it:sly:👍

FormulaGT

Man oh man! I've just completed the Green Hell 24 hour race. Took me 4 days of what felt like continuous driving.

To be honest, I stopped enjoying the race after about 4 hours, after that it became a test of my own endurance. I couldn't let GT4 win! I did about 6-8 hours of driving per day, mostly afternoon and late evening driving.

I didn't want to make it a close call so I drove it with the BMW M3 GTR Race Car with some NA tuning. Driving the Nurburgring wasn't a problem, and if anything, you deffinitly get to know every nook and cranny during the race.

The most memorable moment must have been after driving 130 laps (+- 15 hours) I finally managed to dive under the 6 minutes and 30 seconds lap time. My lap record had stood at 6m 32s for about 100 laps. After driving 130 laps the car had lost some speed and stability but I was granted the perfect lap at 4 AM in the morning! Resulting in a mind blowing 6 minutes and 27 seconds. An amazing 5 seconds improvement that was never matched for the rest of the race :)

To conclude, I don't think I'll ever attempt the other two 24hr races in A-spec. It didn't feel like it was worth it. But, I'm sure glad I made it!

George Morley
I've a speced the Sarthe II enduro with BMW V12LMR and I've a speced the Nurburgring one.

If you have the time, a spec it, great experience and its fun trying to beat your best lap for ages.

[SARCASM]Exiting![/SARCASM]

Pink_the_Floyd
[SARCASM]Exiting![/SARCASM]
:lol: Pink. George is right though. I started by doing 6 hrs at a time per endurance. If you take a car like a McLaren or CLK you will always want to do it on A-Spec.

1. for anyone who doesn't want to lose sleep, use B- spec, fast forward to
3x by hitting R1, holding L1 and hitting right twice, do this at the start and after pitting. 2. It is possible to switch to B spec during a race in a pit stop.
3. in a 24 hout race, does it change from day to night?

You can leave your PS2 on over many days without any 'side effects' . My ran 2-3 days in a row without switching it off and it works like I had just bought it .

I'm sorry to say.. that I did two 24Hours race... and I used B - Spec for both of them...

One of the race was at Nurburgring... you'll do two laps.. and it will wear you out... :indiff:

It would be great if you can switch from A spec to B spec during the race... does anyone know if it's possible?

I've left my PS2 on for 3 days straight with out a problem...

Pit, then you can pick a-spec or b-spec

Thanks for assurance KSpeed! Its either go for it with for 24 hours, B-Spec it or dont do it at all (AR or Sharkport) I'll try it for the fun of it the first time to see how far I can go.Then make a decision on how to win the other Enduro's

actually you can start that game as a B-spec and then during a pit stop the lowest catergory will let you change to a -spec. I am not sure though if once you go into a-spec if you can change back into b-spec:ouch:

This was an easy race. I used the Ford GT40 race car spec II. B-spec the whole thing. Turned the PS2 on at 7:00pm and started the race and left it on the whole time through school and came back from scholl with 1 hour to go. While I was there at times I would speed it up 3x. The computer is very stupid. If you put him on 2 slow down. On his second lap he will have dark orange tires and still go for another! So he ran on reds the whole lap. Which he actually did very well only going of twice(or thats at least what I counted. Through the race I checked the temperture of the PS2 to see if it was getting warm. But every time I did that the PS2 was cold. Probably because its in the basement which helped. So all in all its possible to do this race. Just be careful on which car you pick;)I got me a pretty Formula Gran Turismo. May try this again with a different car next time. The key to winning this is patience. So good luck!

i did my first 24 hour race in the la sarthe 2 circuit. 4h a day for 6 days, sad part it this was the week b4 the actual race so when i was done i went downstairs to watch the whole race. stayed up for about 36 h cause i also saw the nascar race about 2h after lemans.

second time i did it in a full sitting. this time la sarthe 1.
and the ring i just called bob in to help. i aam not crazy enough to do a 24h ring race.

Back