24 Hours of Dubai 2012

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 335 comments
They're technically not a NASCAR. They're designed to do road courses ('cause it's Europe and there aren't many ovals over there.) It's been given NASCAR's blessing, but it's not run by them. But, yes, it's having issues....lots of them. Obviously, it wasn't designed to run for 24 hours in the middle of a desert.

Dude, triple post?

Anywho, Viper is back in the pits.

Didn't feel like refreshing to see if anyone had commented as they were all a few minutes apart anyway.

They're technically not a NASCAR. They're designed to do road courses ('cause it's Europe and there aren't many ovals over there.) It's been given NASCAR's blessing, but it's not run by them. But, yes, it's having issues....lots of them. Obviously, it wasn't designed to run for 24 hours in the middle of a desert.

Ah. I didn't think so, but the announcers just kept referring to it as "the NASCAR".

*edit* Also, after the Mustang's brake problems it's now only 13 laps ahead of the 370Z

It debuted at the ROC, and they were saying that it's this new NASCAR-esque, road racing series that was going to start this year and NASCAR heard about it and said "Cool! More power to ya! If you want join us, let us know." But the series doesn't wanted to be run by NASCAR. ('Cause NASCAR doesn't have a very good reputation at the moment.)

EDIT: SP2 Leader is only 20 laps ahead of the Gamer Team.

Didn't feel like refreshing to see if anyone had commented as they were all a few minutes apart anyway.

Ah. I didn't think so, but the announcers just kept referring to it as "the NASCAR".

*edit* Also, after the Mustang's brake problems it's now only 13 laps ahead of the 370Z

There must be something wrong with my live feed because in my screen it shows the 370z 18 laps behind the Mustang

There must be something wrong with my live feed because in my screen it shows the 370z 18 laps behind the Mustang

Sorry, my math was wrong I'm sure. The numbers are very small on my screen.

Sounds like the 370Z just pushed the lead car off the track, but no harm done. Wish the cameras were following the action.

I just started watching the feed. Why is there only one video feed?

Because proper cameras cost money, unfortunately. It tends to happen at 24 hour races. While they're not on TV, no fancy cameras for the internet viewers.

It'd be nice if they'd at least throw it to an in-car feed or something like they do at LeMans and such.

Because proper cameras cost money, unfortunately. It tends to happen at 24 hour races. While they're not on TV, no fancy cameras for the internet viewers.

Wich is a bit stupid IMO because usually this races tend to resolve themselfs during the night period and the best battles happen during this time... there was in fact one time about two hours ago where the 3 leaders where only 3 seconds apart (1-3)

Wich is a bit stupid IMO because usually this races tend to resolve themselfs during the night period and the best battles happen during this time... there was in fact one time about two hours ago where the 3 leaders where only 3 seconds apart (1-3)

Yeah, it always seems to happen like that.

Just came back to check in! I am very delighted to see RJN Motorsports have brought the 370Z up to 33rd position! Lovely! THey are slowly recovering ground! And what's best, they are 2nd place in the SP2 class. Hehe, guess GT3 motorsports couldn't maintain their superiority. :P

¡¡GO LUCAS!!

Oy, still long ways to catch up, and 5 hours and 30 minutes to go. Oy, and the Trophy being 24 laps ahead, it's gonna take a bit of luck (that the Trophy car loses consistency a bit, along with the Mustang, heheh) to catch up.

Still, Bryan Heitkotter and Jann Mardenborough, for being racing newcomers (I mean oy, a 24 hours is a big load to handle for racers who haven't even reached a year of racing experience), are holding pretty well there.

Pretty much just hanging in there now. Unless something significant happens to the top 2 cars, don't think we're going to catch them.

Edit: In and out of the pits. Routine stop, Jordan in the car now.

Last edited:
It looks as though another major crash has occurred. There was a Code 60, but the race has now resumed.

From 24series' headlines:
"code 60 deu a crash; the marshalls are cleaning the track and driver has to have a medical check"

Driver/car has yet to be officially identified, but some Youtube comments say it was a BMW.

Was the crash that bad?

No one saw it, no cameras. They seemed to think it may have been just precautionary. It's not uncommon for drivers to be sent to the hospital to make sure, when it turns out to be minor or nothing at all. Hope that's the case here. I heard them say something about "back and shoulder" but it wasn't clear.

Does anyone have a site that streams this which isn't Youtube? I don't have access to it here and would quite like to see some of the action. Linkys please?

Seen no action for hours, then the moment we see action, they change the camera so we can't see it. :/

Also, why wasn't they switching between these cameras before? Not hard to switch between fixed cameras.

Latest Posts

Back