26 cars lined up for 2010 & bile from Bernie

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 441 comments
I meant that I haven't heard a word as to how one would go about applying to them. I contacted USF1 and they asked for my resume; I tried looking for Lotus, but couldn't find it.

Hmm, looks like the Cossie engine could turn out to be the double-diffuser of 2010. Some have written off Williams because of the combination of Barrichello + Cosworth perhaps seeming a rubbish one. But it may just turn out to be the next big surprise.
Could we see one or more of the new teams taking a debut podium or even a win?

Hmm Cosworth, the same Cosworth that gave them retirement after retirement after retirement in 2006? This might turn ugly.

Hmm Cosworth, the same Cosworth that gave them retirement after retirement after retirement in 2006? This might turn ugly.
Actually, Williams admitted that while there were engine failures, they weren't all on account of the engine itself. The chassis was something of an engine-breaker.

And th 2010 powerplant is a different engine to the CA2006.

New news? They're looking at Kyle Busch for 2011.

Elsewhere, Motorsport Aktuell are reporting that Renault will leave Formula One, but stay on as engine suppliers. The buyers are said to be a group led by the owner of MegaFon (whose name I cannot spell), one of Renault's sponsors. The proposed buyout suggests that nothing will change about the team except for the ultiamte owner, with the team being an "unofficial" Renault squadron, possibly receiving works support.

Brazilian news serice Tazio are also reporting it, but they're basing it off the Aktuell story.

Di Grassi confident of a deal with Virgin/Manor, but wants to see what Renault does first. Seems to think he'd have a better shot with a works team (right now, I'm assuming Rneault will stay, since Aktuell are the only ones reporting the sale to MegaFon) than with Manor.

Apparently one of the new teams has not signed the Resource Restriction Agreement, which goes hand-in-hand with the new Corncorde. There's no indication as to who it might be (and you need Autosport membership to read the full artiule), but if they do not sign it, they cannot compete, thus paving the way for QABAK.

One of the new teams?? Who it might be(let's hope it's not Lotus neither USF1)?? I really want to have Sauber back on the grid!!!

One of the new teams?? Who it might be(let's hope it's not Lotus neither USF1)?? I really want to have Sauber back on the grid!!!
There's n indication as to who it might be, nor is there and deadline for them to sign.

And I'm doubtful it will be Sauber back on the grid. Rather, it will be Sauber under a new name, and Peter Sauber may not have any invovlement at all.

There's n indication as to who it might be, nor is there and deadline for them to sign.

And I'm doubtful it will be Sauber back on the grid. Rather, it will be Sauber under a new name, and Peter Sauber may not have any invovlement at all.

It already doesn't seems to sound good for one of the new team though...

I know that it will be Sauber with a new name. I heard one from the website that the name could be QADBAK Sauber-Ferrari F1 Team. But I also heard from F1-LIVE.com that Peter Sauber will have no more involvement with F1 anymore for some reason... Let's pray that they'll make it to the grid next year!!!

It already doesn't seems to sound good for one of the new team though...
All they have to do is sign the RRA - their name is on the Concorde, they just haven't agreed to resource restriction - and they're in. They probably have more important things to do, like organising the team.

I know that it will be Sauber with a new name. I heard one from the website that the name could be QADBAK Sauber-Ferrari F1 Team. But I also heard from F1-LIVE.com that Peter Sauber will have no more involvement with F1 anymore for some reason... Let's pray that they'll make it to the grid next year!!!
Sauber sold his stake in the team when BMW acquired it, and BMW kept the name for sentimentality's stake. When BMW axed it, it defaulted to Sauber to do with it what he liked. As he couldn't rightly field the team himself, he had to find someone to buy it.

And I doubt QADBAK will make it if FOTA have anything to do with it. They're a mite jumpy about it all; one of QADBAK's representatives, Russell King, recently had assets seized in a court investigations. Nobody knows who Lionel Fischer - QADBAK's representative in pit lane - is, and one of the Saudi Arabian families they claimed to represent denies all knowledge of and assoication with them. The name QADBAK is actually registered in the British Virgin Islands, a tax haven in the Pacific Ocean, and is believed to actually be a shell company; no assets, no known ownership and nothing but a name. I'm not saying they're dirty, but they've gone to extraordinary lengths to remain as anonymous as possible.

My theory? They actually represent the Royal House of Saud and the Royal Houses of Europe: the Windsors in England, the Oldenburgs in Denmark and - the reason for their secrecy - the Romanovs of Russia.

The name QADBAK is actually registered in the British Virgin Islands, a tax haven in the Pacific Ocean Caribbean, and is believed to actually be a shell company; no assets, no known ownership and nothing but a name.

Fixed it for you.

Nick Craw - the newly-elected President of the FIA Senate - was interviewed on SPEED and he said that USF1 paid the US$440,000 entry fee for 2010 ten days ago, a fee which is not refundable. That said, given the amount of money it takes to start a Formula One team these days, $440,000 is small change, But at least it shows a commitment.

Personally, I'm more concerned for the outcome to the N.Technology lawsuit over the entry selection process, the verdict of which is due on the tenth. The worst-case scenario could see all four new teams declared null and void, even though they haven't done anything wrong.

Back