• Thread starter Wisefire
  • 102 comments
If you participated in the demo/gtacademy finishing any amount at any level, you should of recieved an email about thus car and free dynamic theme. Alot of american got the theme through other means but Car may be harder.

I am just updating but expect the car to be available.

I'm in New Zealand and I played the demo as we didn't qualify for GT Academy this year.
After doing the 1.02 update, the GTR appeared in my garage.
I didn't get an email neither did I have to do anything to get it.

I know nothing of a theme. That's USA. I'm in the UK. I definitely did do GT Academy 2013 lol... Literally, I'm asking how did everybody else get it.

Can somebody literally tell me how it ended up in their garage, step by step? Any on screen notification? Where???
Dude, im in Bath, UK. Got an email from Playstation site about it not long ago informing me that i will be getting that GTR in game but had a free GT6 theme now, theme was eu only too.

Edit: 28 november had email, title is simply "your free nissan gtr awaits with gt6" with details inside.

Edit 2:still updating and it say gran turismo(R)6 (uk) if that makes any difference

Last edited:
About the e-mail. Some members received the e-mail (both America and Europe). In some the mail specifically referenced the car in others just the theme. Anyways anyone can get the theme for free, regardless of participation in GTAcademy.
But it seems the mail has nothing to do with receiving the car.

More specificaly this:

"Finally, as a bonus to players who participated in GT Academy 2013 – this update will provide a very special gift, the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 as raced by Yamauchi-san himself at this year’s Nurburgring 24H race."

So the car should be gifted with the update. So far only one person in this thread says it has the car. I participated and I didn't get the car either.

@Animera can you tell us if it's the same car that is in the dealership?

Edit: My in game notification about 1.02 says nothing about the car. Can someone who received the car compare the text?

Dude, im in Bath, UK. Got an email from Playstation site about it not long ago informing me that i will be getting that GTR in game but had a free GT6 theme now, theme was eu only too.

Edit: 28 november had email, title is simply "your free nissan gtr awaits with gt6" with details inside.

Edit 2:still updating and it say gran turismo(R)6 (uk) if that makes any difference

Mate, I'm in Bristol :)

But yeah, I had the email and I got the theme too (it's actually pretty nice) but I still haven't seen how to get the GTR :confused:

I'm in America. I did the GT Academy thing but never got an email about a code :/

But yeah, I had the email and I got the theme too (it's actually pretty nice) but I still haven't seen how to get the GTR :confused:

"Mate"

yeah, I can vouch you're from Bristol :sly:

Dude, liverpool?? Lol im United :) (8th i know, moyes is useless)

Sitting between 80-90% still so can check soon

I'm in America. I did the GT Academy thing but never got an email about a code :/

"Mate"

Nothing wrong with southern grammer, american chicks dig the accent

I found my email after looking at this thread, didn't receive my GTR in the update. Clicked the free theme link and I'll check GT tomorrow. Assumed everyone would receive at same time but maybe not.

I haven't got it either, but I wouldn't worry too much. It's the same GT-R as the GT3 NISMO version you can buy from the delaership, so you can just buy it yourself. If you have the AE then you already have it ;)

I haven't got it either, but I wouldn't worry too much. It's the same GT-R as the GT3 NISMO version you can buy from the delaership, so you can just buy it yourself. If you have the AE then you already have it ;)

I also played the Academy demo, golded everything, and I have a European account. Never got the email and I haven't got the car. And no, it is not included in the Anniversary Edition, I know since I have the AE. However the Precision Pack, that was included when pre-ordering from specific vendors, contains the Anniversary Edition of the N24 GT-R GT3, if I'm not completely mistaken.

And since I don't do glitching I really want any free car I can get.

Yes that's what I mean, you get the AE edition of the car (which is better anyway ;)). I'd love some free cars too, but it's not terribly expensive so I don't get worried too much if I don't get it. If it has a special livery then it will be a completely different story...

I bought and tuned the dealership Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 yesterday. I don't know for a fact that it is the same car that is being given away, but I do know for sure that the dealership GTR is one of the worst handling cars in the game. I usually write down the time of a car after running it at Tsukuba. This one I didn't even honor with a time, I just wrote "bad" so I wouldn't drive it again. Not to rain on anyone's enjoyment of a free car, just my experience.

Last edited:
It is quite a snappy car, but it's quite fast once you tune it properly. It was worse in the GT Academy demo as it understeers like the Titanic and the only way to drive it is to drift every corner. Can you imagine how silly a drifting GT3 car looks like? :lol: Thankfully it's not part of the qualifier.

In the NISSAN dealership -

GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 - 500,000 Credits
GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 - 500,000 Credits
GT-R N24 Nismo GT3 N24 Schilze Motorsport '13 - 350,000 Credits

If it's one of those then they may have meant free DLC. But I don't really know?
I am also awaiting my free GT-R in my garage.

I've got the mail, but untill now no car in my garage... hope it'll be there soon.
Well, or at least i'll have to buy from the dealer for 500.000cr :|

PS. I'm from Italy

Since some aspects of the update for example Seasonal Bonuses don't kick in until tomorrow (20th Dec) maybe the car isn't gifted until then either.

"Mate"

I have no idea what you mean :sly: :lol:

You been over here at all then?

Dude, liverpool?? Lol im United :) (8th i know, moyes is useless)

Sitting between 80-90% still so can check soon

Nothing wrong with southern grammer, american chicks dig the accent

Haha, can honestly say I'm massively enjoying watching your boys struggle :D

Back