• Thread starter Wisefire
  • 102 comments
I am not sure if i am dyslexic or what... ?

But could someone kinda resume this whole Free Kaz GT-R for me please? or at least confirm my understanding:

You use PSN login "XXX" to do the GT6 Academy 6 month back.
Now you buy GT6, and you use another different PSN login "YYY" (but using the same console still).
Can you get the free car on PSN login "YYY" or do you have top play with login "XXX" in order to receive the car ?

If no, then could i transfer the GT6A from PSN "XXX" to PSN login "YYY"?

Thanks in advance to the helpful soul out there..
It is likely locked to your original account. In that case, it´s not possible to transfer.

...CRAP.

Haven't updated / popped in GT6 recently, but I think (?) I deleted my GT6 data already? :(

Hope the gift doesn't hinge on whether you still have the GT6 data on your machine or not...

Well I still didnt get it and I participated. Wondering of those of you that got it, are you in America too?

From the update... I haven't found it. Can somebody help me? I'm a bit confused here:

The update was supposed to give everyone a free Nissan GTR if you participated in the 2013 Academy, yeah? Well, I very much did. Spent ages on it. Got to rank 986 in the UK, with a controller. Was chuffed but also pissed that there were no GT5 rewards this year. The main reason for this is that I also missed the chance to pick up all my car-rewards last summer (see how unlucky I am? The glitch this morning too... Highly unlucky...), for last year's Academy (GT Academy 2012).

I missed my chance because I was in the Le Mans 24 hour race; I had it on save, so it took me 3 months to finish it. That's cos I gave up on it for a long time. Anyway, when I got back to GT5's menu in September (having started in June) I was expecting to get the gifts. But I never realized that their availability was within a time bracket, and those time brackets were DURING the endurance race :S -_-

I haven't seen any 'free gift' Nissan GTR this time either... Where do I find it? And are there anymore free cars that were given out in this patch?

Thanks. :)
just logged on this morning and got award for participating in gt academy. just comes up on screen like normal delivery. didnt even know about email

What lap times should we be aiming to recreate on the Norschecleife with this car, if there is an actual time?

8:27.467s in qualifying, 8:41.231s in the race. I think Michael Krumm set both those laps as the only pro driver in the line up. That's on the N24 layout. More results on Forix http://forix.autosport.com/gp.php?l=0&d=611&r=20136200&c=0

E- Remember Krumm had to deal with loads of traffic though and us GTers don't.

GOTMAXPOcan do that fost: 9107314
8:27.467s in qualifying, 8:41.231s in the race.

Thanks mate. I can do that time easily. Of course they are doing it for real with all the dangers, and physical exertions. Not sitting on their Arse drinking Guinness and eating redskin peanuts like me.

I played all night last night but didn't get the car... I didn't really specifically look for it, but I didn't see it in my garage when I was switching cars (and I switched up quite a few, plus I don't really have that many cars...) and I for sure didn't get the "gift" screen... is this just for EU or works for US too? I could definitely use another car... although now that I realized that you can grind SSX not only faster with GTR Black instead of Mercedes VGT but the chassis repair is also only like 40-something $k instead of $500k... less than 4 min laps for $140k is pretty nice...

Arrived for me this morning. game started and went to a black screen for about 7 seconds. I began to think it had crashed (again) and then it appeared out of its white box.

How do i get the theme and is it any good?
Any screenshots/videos of it?

I've been sent an email from PSN gifting me it. Says I have to download it though. Probably has to go onto a USB stick and then into my PS.

How do i get the theme and is it any good?
Any screenshots/videos of it?

This is the link they emailed me, you're welcome to try?

Click me!

Log in to your SEN account on the website, download it then it will be in your download list on your PS3. Think it's just for EU accounts though.

Last edited:
@Wisefire no problem mate. Wasn't sure it would work 👍

Not sure with the car though, mine popped up as I started the game. A few friends haven't got theirs yet, sure it will come through at some point. I wasn't expecting mine.

Update to this thread. Got mine FINALLY, after buying the older one anyway, new it would come :S

I did GT Academy last year, got the e-mail for the theme and free car, I got the theme off the store, and the Car was just added to my garage like the Anniversary cars, had it since release (UK) :)

Back