....Open 

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in this already! Can you confirm if you'll use the Jaguar? If not, then I'll take either the Mark IV or the GT40.

Sounds interesting for me. ;) After a quick check I found this:
A) instead of Sarthe 2009 you should use the 2005 no chicanes as chicanes were added in 90s.
B) In sportscar class I miss my belover Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61 Ferrari. It is listed amongs GT, but there is no way this car could keep up with Ford GT40 or Shelby Cobra. ;-)
C) too many tracks, I think 6-8 would be sufficient, maybe 10, but deffinitely not 14. ;)
D) not 15 % option, it's too much. Even the 10 % which means 2,5 hours seems a lot
E) I vote for no ABS option. I know, it's much harder, but cars from 60s did not have ABS ;)
F) tyres are imho quite OK, but I would recommend RH for prototypes, SS or even SM for GT and SH or CS for sportscars.

Sounds interesting for me. ;) After a quick check I found this:
A) instead of Sarthe 2009 you should use the 2005 no chicanes as chicanes were added in 90s.
B) In sportscar class I miss my belover Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61 Ferrari. It is listed amongs GT, but there is no way this car could keep up with Ford GT40 or Shelby Cobra. ;-)
C) too many tracks, I think 6-8 would be sufficient, maybe 10, but deffinitely not 14. ;)
D) not 15 % option, it's too much. Even the 10 % which means 2,5 hours seems a lot
E) I vote for no ABS option. I know, it's much harder, but cars from 60s did not have ABS ;)
F) tyres are imho quite OK, but I would recommend RH for prototypes, SS or even SM for GT and SH or CS for sportscars.
A) The problem with LS2005, is no time or weather. I do see the the chicanes being a downer for vintage racing, but it's either a 24h all daylight race, or chicanes, and I cannot see not racing at night.
B) The classing is tentative, I don't think a Mini Marcos is going to keep up with a 440 'Cuda either, this would be an example of where Displacement class split would be used. I need to get times recorded to help determine balance.
C) I agree, it is a lengthy schedule. I am using the 1967 schedule as a base, how much of it we actually use is completely up to the competitors.
D) Again purely speculation at this point. Race length to be determined. It may be a better option to choose a race length and fit the Time to that, i.e. All races are 90 min, with Time Progression adjusted to give proper in game time coodination.
E&F) I am thinking this aswell, but I wanted to leave it as a possibility for the competitors.

I'm interested in this already! Can you confirm if you'll use the Jaguar? If not, then I'll take either the Mark IV or the GT40.
The Jaguar is a problem, if its development continued, it surely would have been in Prototype class, but it never raced. The missing Porsches leave a giant hole in the field, and for that, the Jaguar helps our cause. I will allow it. Prototypes no longer allowed OP edited

I'm interested but depends on dates
What kind of schedule would work for you? I would be open to weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly. I know that I will need to set the schedule for people to decide, but at this point I am interested in hearing what would work for those interested.

Last edited:
What kind of schedule would work for you? I would be open to weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly. I know that I will need to set the schedule for people to decide, but at this point I am interested in hearing what would work for those interested.
I was talking about what day it should be on, and weekly is most likely the best answer for your question. If you need any help with testing in this series, then just send a friend request and I'm happy to help 👍

I was talking about what day it should be on, and weekly is most likely the best answer for your question. If you need any help with testing in this series, then just send a friend request and I'm happy to help 👍
Ideally Saturday or Sunday would be great, but there are already quite a few series that run on those days. I think somewhere around 1800-2000UTC would be about right, not too early for West Coast US, not too late for Western Europe.

Sent you a FR on PSN, Let me devise a testing scheme and we can get to testing.

The Jaguar is a problem, if its development continued, it surely would have been in Prototype class, but it never raced. The missing Porsches leave a giant hole in the field, and for that, the Jaguar helps our cause. I will allow it. OP edited

Great, I'll take the Jag then.

Ideally Saturday or Sunday would be great, but there are already quite a few series that run on those days. I think somewhere around 1800-2000UTC would be about right, not too early for West Coast US, not too late for Western Europe.

Sent you a FR on PSN, Let me devise a testing scheme and we can get to testing.
Sunday would be best I think, well for me at least. Obviously though you should ask other people as well.

Can't wait to test the cars ;)

Sunday would be best I think, well for me at least. Obviously though you should ask other people as well.

Can't wait to test the cars ;)
I'm gathering all relevant data now for a data base, good thing I glitched, $$$$$.

Added Important Info to OP

Perfect!!!!!! Anything close to the old Power and Glory mod for GTR2 gets a 👍 from me!

I'll reserve my car choice for the time being. First choice would be the F330 P4 but I have 18.5m so have to choose carefully!!! It's all the money I've earnt after completing it yesterday.

I'm greatly interested in this series as love the classic cars
As time and date weekends are hectic for most people as I have a series on Saturday and Sunday and spend good half of those days getting practice but a weekday may be able to draw a good number
Maybe late Friday or even Monday

I bought the 250 Berlinetta so if you could provisionally put me down with that unless I get 20m by the start of the season :)

@perdy450
@Willfred_1
@MatheusBond

As there is significant interest, I have removed the provisional list and am cataloging the eligible cars specs and attempting to class them and develop a testing scheme. I will have the complete eligible list up by 1800UTC/GMT approximately 3hr from now.

For testing pick a track
I like to use Suzuka for balancing
Then spend 10-20mins with each car then try to get them within 0.3. Of a sec for the classes I can help of you wish

For testing pick a track
I like to use Suzuka for balancing
Then spend 10-20mins with each car then try to get them within 0.3. Of a sec for the classes I can help of you wish

This was my thinking, even on Suzuka, as this will probably be a preseason race aswell.

Feel free to pick a class and test.
I will have an initial testing method up in a few min.

Testing
longline_zps887e348c.jpg

If anyone would like to assist me in balancing the cars I would gladly accept the help.
1.Select a class
2.Test online only, Use Lobby Setup Listed above
3.Record Flying Lap times for as many cars as you can in that class
4.Record fuel consumption as a percentage of tank and number of full laps
5.PM me the results and I will keep them in a database.

Please use the following method for testing:

Suzuka Circuit

Fully Customizable Suspension in stock settings
Fully Customizable Transmission in stock settings
Fully Customizable Differential in stock settings
Stock Weight
Stock Aero
Class Legal Brakes (stock if racing)
Class Legal Tires

Class PP
Power Limiter if needed
Add power in the following manner to meet pp

Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter:Sports
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Low RPM Turbo Kit
Supercharger
Mid RPM Turbo Kit
High RPM Turbo Kit

Yep no problem.

Ok I'm done with BBcode editing for today, classes are posted, I will be testing in a few hours.

This is a firm idea of where the series is going, To those who wanted to race prototypes, please check out the WSC series hosted by @Furinkazen and his Furi's Race Leagues

This series looks good, can't wait until it starts! I may only race in the lower classes because of financial problems with the top class cars.

Are we going to allow The Daytona coupe in the anniversary style
I was thinking of splitting into two or three classes to make easier to to regs cars and allow for multiple specs
E.g camaro at class spec and am less powerful spec for lower
On a different note would it be better to allow cars from say the regs 1960 to 1969

This series looks good, can't wait until it starts! I may only race in the lower classes because of financial problems with the top class cars.
This is one of the ways I have tried to structure the classes, in general faster classes cost more.
The old adage Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? is very true in real life and so should it be true in this series.

Are we going to allow The Daytona coupe in the anniversary style
Out of fairness to all competitors, No Anniversary cars will be used. They are not available to all competitors equally, have increased performance, and do not have the same tuning options.

I was thinking of splitting into two or three classes to make easier to to regs cars and allow for multiple specs
E.g camaro at class spec and am less powerful spec for lower

I tried to create equal sized classes with as many varied models as possible, At this point the only appropriate changes I can see would be possibly moving the Camaro SS '69 to GT class, replacing one of the Corvette Stingrays.
On a different note would it be better to allow cars from say the regs 1960 to 1969
I tried to limit the cars used to what actually raced in 1967, however, due to the limitations of the game some cars are of the wrong year,displacement, body style, model and even country of origin.

I will highlight a few:

BTR'86- How can you think of having 1960's sports car racing without Porsche? Until Polyphone Digital, Electronic Arts, and Porsche can come to an agreement, this is the only comparable option. Yes, the car is 20 years later, Yes, it is turbocharged at a time when the actual competition cars would not be. This is something we have to work around, and will be dealt with in tuning restrictions.

Cooper 1.3i '98- Due to BMW's acquisition of Mini, they are listed as being German in origin, this also may partially explain why the model is a 1998, as the image licensing surely came from BMW. While I would love to have a BMC branded MK1 Mini, it is not possible within the confines of the game.

Challenger R/T Race Car '70
AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
Challenger R/T '70
Cuda 440 Six Pack '71- At the Daytona 24, a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda was entered but did not start , A 1966 Dodge Dart was campaigned by Brock Yates (Later of Cannonball Run, and Car and Driver fame) and placed 3rd in class,15th overall. While the cars I am using are of the next generation, Chrysler vehicles were common in road racing well into the 1970's both in the US and Europe, and should be represented.

Love the sound of this :) is it possible to tune the fiat 500 up to a standard to race the minis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back