....Open 

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why such a low pp limit for everything?
1. To make the cars more drivable for Amateur and Novice drivers
2. To restrict the power and encourage drivers capable of higher power levels to drive in the World Sportscar Championship hosted by @Furinkazen
3. To balance the cars and help remove some of the different power levels that are stock in the game to allow competitive racing in classes. If I were to try to recreate the exact classing of cars used in '67, there would be 16 classes with on or two cars each. Please don't forget, several of the cars are generations different than what would have competed.

(I have found out that it seems like every race car has all these upgrades added to the road version: racing exhaust, intake tuning, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, stage 1 engine tuning, sports computer, stage 3 weight reduction, fully customizable suspension, racing brakes, triple-plate clutch, fully customizable LSD, and racing hard tires. To prove this, I tuned a Lancis Stratos
road car to these specifications, and it ended up having the same amount of BHP as the rally car). So if you want to be truly authentic, make tuning and detuning prohibited for the race cars, tune all of the road cars to these specifications, and prohibit turbochargers and superchargers to furthur improve the authenticity. Please write back!!!
Basically all of the race cars are restricted as such, the allowable mods list is now completed and posted for all cars.

Last edited:
So I consulted Furinkazen and I am now a driver in the WSC. Since the season starts in mid-Feburary, and since I am
thinking about which car I will drive, I've decided to race in this series untill the series starts, and between races and
such and such. So please tell me which spots are left, I really would like to be a part of this series.

So I consulted Furinkazen and I am now a driver in the WSC. Since the season starts in mid-Feburary, and since I am
thinking about which car I will drive, I've decided to race in this series untill the series starts, and between races and
such and such. So please tell me which spots are left, I really would like to be a part of this series.
You could join team ford.👍

Currently, All cars have openings, All Manufacturers have openings.

Edited Class Images

Just wondering, could you allow the Lancia Stratos to compete in the top GT class or -3.0L GT class? Also, could you
allow the Europa S.2 to compete in one of the lower classes? I know it after constant testing, the S.2 handles waaayyy
better than the Special.

Just wondering, could you allow the Lancia Stratos to compete in the top GT class or -3.0L GT class?
No, Stratos was raced predominately in WRC, while it did run 24HDM, it was developed and raced in the mid to late 70's, far out of the scope of this series
Also, could you allow the Europa S.2 to compete in one of the lower classes? I know it after constant testing, the S.2 handles waaayyy
better than the Special.
I will test them back to back and let you know

After doing some thinking, I've decided to race with the A110 1600S '72. The Suzuka race is Saturday, 17:30 GMT, right?

After doing some thinking, I've decided to race with the A110 1600S '72. The Suzuka race is Saturday, 17:30 GMT, right?
I will add you to the list,
Yes, GT race Saturday, Sportscar on Sunday. The countdown timer is accurate.

I will hold both races, as this is Pre-season, Anyone can run in either or both race regardless of class.

Here is a car that competed in GT class racing: the Ferrari Daytona. It would be perfect for the top class. Could you
test it?(Although you probably are already)

I am assume you are referring to the GTB4, As there are already FR Ferraris in both GT classes I think it would be redundant to have another. Being that the 250GT was replaced by the 275 which was replaced by the 365, I would rather have used a '67 275 GTB/C or GTB/4 but they are not present. The rear mounted transaxle in the 275 and 365 would have a better weight balance but the 365 styling is too angular for me.

If you think I am pestering you, I am sorry. I am just trying to improve the series, as well as help you. Just a couple more
things: Racing Brakes have always been on race cars, even on the lower class cars. Also, how would you feel about testing the BMW 507 for the -3.0L GT class? It can actully be tuned quite high, even up to 400 BHP.

Racing Brakes have always been on race cars, even on the lower class cars.
IRL Brakes are limited by FIA Homologation, The car must have been produced in XX numbers with all components included, while there are "Evolution" allowances for improved components, generally nothing along the lines of GT6's "Racing Brakes" would be permitted without full homologation. There are a few eligible cars for which I have made allowances for "Racing Brakes" due to upclassing and Class spec tires. These were done to ensure a better mix of cars for this series, and to enable competitive racing in class, again working within the constraints of GT6.
Also, how would you feel about testing the BMW 507 for the -3.0L GT class? It can actully be tuned quite high, even up to 400 BHP.
The 507 would be much more appropriate racing against C1 Corvettes and SL's and is older than the generation of cars this series is based on.

Although you will probably yell at me for saying this, could you raise the PP Limit for the top Sportscar class to 500, since you hold different races for the GT and Sportscar classes. It would increase the freedom to modify, and at the same time not be too fast...PLEASE DO NOT YELL AT ME!!!!!! :nervous:

Although you will probably yell at me for saying this, could you raise the PP Limit for the top Sportscar class to 500, since you hold different races for the GT and Sportscar classes. It would increase the freedom to modify, and at the same time not be too fast...PLEASE DO NOT YELL AT ME!!!!!! :nervous:
At current specs there's a lot of freedom
Take for instance the bettle
The pp like 425 I have two ways I can build it up
The first is the conventional lighten it up and add power
However the second method worked well for me
Lighten the car then ballast it back to stock weight but move so it's closer to 50:50
Then add power
Depending on the car the adjustments are no different to what I would do when building a race car

Sorry I didn't make it back @MatheusBond, real life drama.

Back at it tomorrow, same time, will post up

At 8:37 PST? That's not a good time for me...I won't be able to make it. Also, for the GT class, I
will be using the Camaro Z28 Race Car '69, same color, number 7. Same Team Name-RPO Racing,
not Team RPO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back