....Open 

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly, can you find any proof the 500 or variant was raced in Group 4 in the late 1960's?

Only one I know of is the classic TC car that raced in what in the modern FIA Historics is called "TC 65". There were several versions however - the Abarth 500, the 850, and 1000TCR all referring to engine size.

500 F '68 @ 425PP
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Differential
Fully Customizable Transmission set @ 180km/h
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Low RPM Turbo Kit

This car is roughly 5-8 seconds off my testing at Suzuka, it turns well but you will have some issues on long tracks, of which we run a few.

There is historical precedent for cars of this type, and if it means having another competitor, I am going to consider allowing it, unless anyone has strong, legitimate objection.

If it is allowed I may shuffle a few cars around to remove twins.

A car suggestion that fits well for this series.

67_Toyota_2000GT_DV-06_MHR_01.jpg

Back in 1967, Toyota partnered with Shelby American to use the 2000 GT for SCCA Production. After Shelby finished with Ford's Mark IV program, they begin testing the 2000 GT for the 1968 season. I believe the Toyota could fit well in the under 3 liter class or the under 2 liter class.

I keeping a eye on this series progress. 👍

Addition:

fuji24_19.jpg

The 2000 GT also took in the top 2 places in the 1967 Fuji 24 Hours.

Last edited:
I think it would be good can we swap out for a full corvette sting racer considering the 59 one lead the way for 60's sting rays

A car suggestion that fits well for this series.

67_Toyota_2000GT_DV-06_MHR_01.jpg

Back in 1967, Toyota partnered with Shelby American to use the 2000 GT for SCCA Production. After Shelby finished with Ford's Mark IV program, they begin testing the 2000 GT for the 1968 season. I believe the Toyota could fit well in the under 3 liter class or the under 2 liter class.

I keeping a eye on this series progress. 👍

Addition:

fuji24_19.jpg

The 2000 GT also took in the top 2 places in the 1967 Fuji 24 Hours.

Excellent points

I think it would be good can we swap out for a full corvette sting racer considering the 59 one lead the way for 60's sting rays
I would be more likely to use Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 to stick to "production" cars.

I am mulling all of this over and playing with numbers in a database. Car list will most likely be changing in the next few hours.

Edit:

Final Classes and eligible cars are posted
I added more Japanese cars to enhance the mix.
Reclassified a few to eliminate Racing Brakes and Aero from Sportscar Division
Eliminated Duplicate cars
Removed C3 Corvettes
Added Several Cars
Partial draft of Series Rules posted
Time & Day Schedule Posted
Modified Testing method
Modified Room Settings

Please bear with me as I iron out the remaining details, More tomorrow

Opinions, questions, suggestions, discussion always welcome

Last edited:
Wow great looking series Hognhominy! Well researched-this is the kind of detail GT should have for in-game events (24 minutes of LeMans...HA!) though it might scare off the more arcade-casuals, car lovers play for this stuff!
I'm skipping series for now with irl drama but I'll check it out later

its good to see your splitting the cars between days as a e type at Suzuka went round quicker than the camaro at max downforce

I think I'd be up for racing the fiat for fun. It Will tune up to 99bhp with the low rpm turbo, 145 bhp with the high rpm one. Just under 500 pp. With all mods. I think it would be a cool addition to the lower classes :)

I think I'd be up for racing the fiat for fun. It Will tune up to 99bhp with the low rpm turbo, 145 bhp with the high rpm one. Just under 500 pp. With all mods. I think it would be a cool addition to the lower classes :)
What about gear ratios

The combination listed on the first page is 425pp with an oil change. I like it,it may lose a little on the straights, but it's incredibly fun to drive.

There are 2 more cars that can be put into consideration. ;)

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67

1964-05-prince-skyline-gt-2nd-japan-gp-01-1025x640.jpg

The father of the GT-R, Prince (Nissan) decided to put a inline-6 engine into the Skyline for the 1964 Japan GP. A Porsche 904 (Group 3 later turned Group 4 car) won the race but after a Skyline passed it for the lead during the race.

The engine of the Skyline was later reworked and used for the R380.

GPJapon67_10_05.jpg

Mazda Cosmo Sport (110S)

1967-1972-Mazda-Cosmo-Sport-110S-1968-Racing-Nurburgring-1280x960.jpg

The Cosmo only enter one race but that race was the 84 hour Marathon de la Route at the Nurburgring. Two cars were enter for the event, one car retired during the 82 hour with a broken axle and the other car finished 4th behind two Porsche 911s and a Lancia.

Question?
At the moment want to run the e type in sports cars but what can I drive in the gran turismo class ?
Also can you make the pics smaller as the page takes forever to load on my ipad

Question?
At the moment want to run the e type in sports cars but what can I drive in the gran turismo class ?
Also can you make the pics smaller as the page takes forever to load on my ipad
I was thinking about this, probably combine Jaguar/Lotus.

I will be reformatting the pics and embellishing them, currently they are the raw pics from photomode.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67

Mazda Cosmo Sport (110S)
I was thinking about adding the Nissan to SPORTSCAR, but didn't for various reasons. If this is something you want to actively campaign I would consider swapping it for a unused car.

If anyone wanted to run Mazdas, I would consider it, possibly with CS '67 in SPORTSCAR <2l and the CS '68 in GT<3L

Join me and elevensixty
1472-6681-3200-9595-3141

new room up
1472-6399-8580-0415-0164

Last edited:
Nice to see me and @hognhominy working together, my series is halfway to completion on GT6, glad we got a link up going :D
I cant wait to watch your series!

I am genuinely excited for this series, and I greatly appreciate all of your comments and opinions. I hope the rule structure makes sense to everyone, I am writing them to encourage teamwork between team members without penalizing solo drivers.

I am working on registration and various other things now, I had hoped to be done by now. but real life is always in the way.

When you signup please take action shots of your cars/team, PM them to me and I will add them to to a Team Section. There is no limit to creativity, If you want to make Team logos, photoshop pics, embroidered firesuits, whatever, Its fine by me. I may be able to help with pics and logos, just ask.

Signup now open, Numbers, Cars, and Colors on a first come, first serve basis
To register Please PM @hognhominy the following information:

PSN ID for all Team Members
GT Planet User Name for all Team Members
Team Name
Car/Class choice for each Team Member
Paint color if available (please give me the exact name of the color)
Driver number (for race cars with Driver number)

If you do not know some of the information, just enter "Unknown" and you can change it later.

Last edited:
I cant wait to watch your series!

I am genuinely excited for this series, and I greatly appreciate all of your comments and opinions. I hope the rule structure makes sense to everyone, I am writing them to encourage teamwork between team members without penalizing solo drivers.

I am working on registration and various other things now, I had hoped to be done by now. but real life is always in the way.

When you signup please take action shots of your cars/tea, PM them to me and I will add them to to a Team Section. There is no limit to creativity, If you want to make Team logos, photoshop pics, embroidered firesuits, whatever, Its fine by me. I may be able to help with pics and logos, just ask.

Signup now open, Numbers, Cars, and Colors on a first come, first serve basis
To register Please PM @hognhominy the following information:

PSN ID for all Team Members
GT Planet User Name for all Team Members
Team Name
Car/Class choice for each Team Member
Paint color if available (please give me the exact name of the color)
Driver number (for race cars with Driver number)

If you do not know some of the information, just enter "Unknown" and you can change it later.

I don't drink tea. Will coffee do?

sorry no coffee, High quality H2O or Tennessee Whiskey only.

@quade420 I put you on the list, please PM me with the rest of the needed information.

Okay, I have an important question for you: Why such a low pp limit for everything?(I have found out that it seems like every race car has all these upgrades added to the road version: racing exhaust, intake tuning, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, stage 1 engine tuning, sports computer, stage 3 weight reduction, fully customizable suspension, racing brakes, triple-plate clutch, fully customizable LSD, and racing hard tires. To prove this, I tuned a Lancis Stratos
road car to these specifications, and it ended up having the same amount of BHP as the rally car). So if you want to be truly authentic, make tuning and detuning prohibited for the race cars, tune all of the road cars to these specifications, and prohibit turbochargers and superchargers to furthur improve the authenticity. Please write back!!!

Okay, I have an important question for you: Why such a low pp limit for everything?(I have found out that it seems like every race car has all these upgrades added to the road version: racing exhaust, intake tuning, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, stage 1 engine tuning, sports computer, stage 3 weight reduction, fully customizable suspension, racing brakes, triple-plate clutch, fully customizable LSD, and racing hard tires. To prove this, I tuned a Lancis Stratos
road car to these specifications, and it ended up having the same amount of BHP as the rally car). So if you want to be truly authentic, make tuning and detuning prohibited for the race cars, tune all of the road cars to these specifications, and prohibit turbochargers and superchargers to furthur improve the authenticity. Please write back!!!
Why would we do that. we've done it to try to balance the cars with a rough specification, it is a draft still.
Oh and quite often race cars will have just as much power as their rally car counter parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back