2nd Annual GTPlanet 24 Hours of Daytona

• Thread starter AJ
  • 224 comments
QP Results Update / GT3 AM Rookie Capping

- 1 Rookie was quicker than the fastest time set by a Silver Driver, by 0.076.
- 3 Rookies were quicker then the fastest time set by a Bronze Driver, by 0.626*, 0.525, and 0.229.

- Non of these times are quick enough to be capped under the 1% rule.
- *This time would have been capped under a proposed 0.5% rule.**

- Had we been running under the draft regulations of "Capping any rookie faster then a relevant ranked time to that time", it would have slowed a couple of team's average by a couple of tenths but would have come nowhere need having any impact on who would have made the cut in QP. 1 team would have been 1 place further back on the grid.
- **Again little impact, no change in grid position.

Huge Congratulations to MWM in DP, DZM in GTLM and Venator Racing in GTD for pulling their respective class poles. Mighty close in GTD, that'll look like fun.
In GTLM did not expect the Corvettes to be that fast so looks like it'll be a battle of BMW to make the podium and GTD potentially being on pace to battle GTLM also.

How do I get a 3 in our number? :P lol.

Last edited:
congrats to the other class pole winners. I can't wait for the race. Seems like the GTD and GTLM classes aren't that far apart from each other time wise, so navigating traffic will be hard. Good luck to everyone!
I wouldn't be surprised if GTD and GTLM will be racing at the end for first in the GT class as a whole. :)

Comms, dont forget. We're going into the Dangerzone. :D

While we are incredibly happy to have taken pole in our pet class for DP in the LM55, we are devastated by our qualifying result in GT3 Am.

After a poor QP1 we added extra unnecessary pressure to our 2nd driver's session and a PSN logout on the way to parc ferme after the checkered flag was the final nail in the coffin. The official results were not indicative of our pace and the whole squad is bitterly disappointed to not contest our 2nd 24 hour race after a fantastically enjoyable Le Mans 24 hours last season.

Even though barely any of our potential was shown, we still landed 10th of the 14 qualifiers while being in the slowest class, managing to sneak ahead of 2 GTLM teams, but due to the way the regulations are set out our relative pace to those cars doesn't matter at all.

The GT3 Am championship is now all but dead for us, but we will look forward to the Spa race where we can hopefully enjoy ourselves for a full 24 hours.

We wish our competitors all the best in the race and extend our commiserations to the DART squad who will be joining us on the GT3 Am sidelines.

Miscommunications meant that Swift Autosport's time in the lobby was drastically shorter than we had hoped. In hindsight, I likely should have settled with the 45.2 I posted and made a quicker transition to allow @AhmedAl more time to put in a better effort than he did.

As the most experienced driver in the team's lineup, I take full responsibility for this. It is a shame as the guys are working hard with trying to find a race setup that's striking a balance, and I know from what I've been seeing from my team that 12th overall for qualifying is not our limit, and given the gap between my QP and Race pace... There is no doubt in my mind we'd have qualified much higher.

With all that said, last on grid allows us to pick off the stragglers that haplessly falter into Turn 1. We're by no means at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
What a crazy result in qualifying. Congrats to @TizzleP and @Jasogreeno for running their quickest times of the week when it counted and getting us in the show.

Commiserations to MWM and DART who will be missed on the grid. Both are fantastic teams that'll come back strong after the 6 month break.

Excited to take the green flag on Saturday as our Florida based team takes on this great International lineup at one of our home tracks.

Race Control Notices

- Please can all Drivers and Team Mangers read though this document.

- Due to the similar pace of the GTLM & GTD classes, for Marshalling purposes (Blue Flags) they will be considered as one class.

- Please remember you must use the long Pit Lane Exit that feeds out after Turn 2.

- The #02 has been placed 3rd on the Grid as to not disturb the GTLM & GTD classes at the start of the race.

- When forming up at the Grid, Cars will be in Single File on the Apron.

- Cars may go 2 by 2 (see Provisional Grid) after exiting Turn 11 on the Parade Lap only.

image.jpeg
I'm proud to present the ORA Racing Team #51 BMW Z4 GTE and driver lineup for the GTPSS Daytona 24 Hours.
Together with @Fallen_log, @Hayden norris, @KTZ and @JonoStan96, we are massively looking forward to getting this race underway. With a diverse field, familiar and new drivers, and a new mixture of cars, I'm sure the 2nd running of the Daytona 24 will sure to be one to remember for all.

ORA was unfortunately out Qualified for last year's event in LMP2, but I hope with our great lineup of boys and a spot on the grid, we can pull a great result for one of the biggest races of the year with a return in GTLM.

It's going to be a tough race ahead of us for sure and have the some of the best in GTPSS against us. Starting 11th, perhaps it'll be a bit safer into turn 1 :P, although there is an extremely competitive GTD field that we'll have to compete with to reach our class-rivals. I'm so confident in all my team mates that they'll do their absolute best and I'll be a proud manager from them no matter what the result.

I'd like to wish our competitors and everybody attending the event the absolute best of luck and an enjoyable race. I can't wait for the weekend to come around, still got the pre season jitters but once that green flag waves I'm sure it'll feel like mid season last year again for all. :)

Last edited:
Mann, PSN's pretty bad hey... Barely able to get more than 5 laps practice atm, let alone create a room half the time lol. Actually, in one instance I had created a room in the fastest time I've experienced, so obviously really unstable :boggled:
Typical, but it's a shame Sony haven't said anything yet...

Mann, PSN's pretty bad hey... Barely able to get more than 5 laps practice atm, let alone create a room half the time lol. Actually, in one instance I had created a room in the fastest time I've experienced, so obviously really unstable :boggled:
Typical, but it's a shame Sony haven't said anything yet...
I looked into the recent update and found it came for two reasons:

1. Update to PS Store on all devices - new titles etc.

2. PSN hot fix - Error Code ******, the reason why a lot of the PSN problems are occurring. Again brought to all devices.

The update was meant to have fixed it, but apparently not.

It's a PSN issue, all games.
Okay. Looking back, I did have multiple PSN cut outs during Saturday on another game, but my internet has days like that. Not really had it since, however, but will be monitoring it properly tonight as I plan to have a few final runs before Saturday.

The last twice i've been on GT6 (the only game i play on ps3) i've signed in no problem, entered or opened a room, been in for around 20-30mins then been signed out of PSN, however after i've signed back in and rejoined or opened new i've been good for the rest of the night, no issues.

Back