2nd Annual GTPlanet 24 Hours of Daytona

• Thread starter AJ
  • 224 comments
I don't think that the GTLM and DP classes will score points for GTP Sportscar Series, but I'll be racing for the best position to pretend that GTLM and DP are scoring points. 👍

I don't think that the GTLM and DP classes will score points for GTP Sportscar Series, but I'll be racing for the best position to pretend that GTLM and DP are scoring points. 👍
Just remember:

GT500 won outright last year. At least I think they did?

The only class you need to worry about is the one your team is racing in. Don't waste your own time trying to race a car in another class. If they're faster than you, let them go and get on with your own race. You're only asking for trouble sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong, especially with the DPs.

The DP's will murder the LMGT's and GTD's!

EDIT: The two GT classes seem pretty even I think, a couple of seconds around Daytona is pretty close.

As @Whitetail says slower classes don't move! this was happening slightly in the Vee Dub race where cars which would have usually been under blue flags were sometimes being unpredictable, but as there was no blue flags the point is a moot one. But D24 will be a different story and blue flags will be operated just hold your line the faster class driver will have already been planning where and how they are going to pass so the key is be predictable, you will be scoring your points, and they will be scoring theirs. Your races will not be dependant of each other, what with multipliers etc... Like I say hold your line be predictable :)

The thing that I was thinking earlier is that we had VEC pull out of the race here, and in its place Inferno dropped from DP to GTLM... Now, I know this is going to go a number of ways, but did anyone else have the notion in their minds that maybe allowing one extra GTD team to qualify would have been a fairer solution, as they are the class scoring points for this event?. I know GTLM would only have 3, but neither DP or GTLM are scoring points and thus is less of an impact on their championship/race.

Perhaps something to consider in future?
So, what happened if GTLM and DP scored points for the championship?

Mann, PSN's pretty bad hey... Barely able to get more than 5 laps practice atm, let alone create a room half the time lol. Actually, in one instance I had created a room in the fastest time I've experienced, so obviously really unstable :boggled:
Typical, but it's a shame Sony haven't said anything yet...
They gave me a 1 day extension on my pus membership the first day it happened. That was a week ago.

Please note the following;

AJ
SERIES NOTES

- Please remember that laps to the Grid and the Parade Lap are deducted from the Driver in the car at the time's count.

- Everyone needs to leave bigger gaps between themselves and the car ahead under PC and SC.

- Everyone needs to have another read through of the Sporing Regulations that are relevant to the race itself.

- You should only be typing in the text box if you are; responding to Race Control, bringing something to the attention of Race Control, or under the Sporing Regulations (e.g. LHM, DC, GA).

- If you are asked, for example "ANYONE SEE LESS THAN 13 CARS ON TRACK?" And you reply, for example "I SEE 13 CARS" or "13", from now on you will receive a penalty. This clogs up the chat, and increases the time spent under SC or RED.

- If the lobby has had to be reset, when you are called back in, load to the Pit Lane as soon as possible.

- From now on the title of the Lobby will be prefixed with one of the following;

'O' or 'OPEN' - you are free to join.
'X' or 'CLOSED' - if you join whilst this message is displayed you will receive a penalty.
'F' or 'FORUM' - you may only join if your car number has been called on the Event Thread.

Just remember:

GT500 won outright last year. At least I think they did?
Well, Team Wise had won the overall Daytona 24 Hours in last year. And they got the pole.

That is because they were BoPed to match LM P2 for that event.

would have been a fairer solution

What are you thinking was the solution that was implemented?

VENATOR TEAM PIC.jpg

And Sunday is sunny all day with 0% chance of rain in real life. I practiced some with full weather (complete cloud cover) and no rain, with that setting the track edges are not easy to see in the infield during the day.

Thinking the network is a bit better the last 2 days, no sign outs from PSN for the first time in many days.
I remember watching the GTPES Race last year and it was so bad in the rain at night they had a competitiin caution till conditions improved. Crazy bad when it rains here.

Can't wait for tomorrow's race... I've joined SRT Racing Team at the last minute for the race but I can only drive for 4 hours because of driver ranking time restrictions :/

However I'm just glad to be taking part in this event as I missed out on getting in a team last year for it and was the event which encouraged me to really want to take part in the series. Just hoping for a clean race connection wise and that the result is dictated by race pace :P

Good luck everyone!! :cheers:

Can't wait for tomorrow's race... I've joined SRT Racing Team at the last minute for the race but I can only drive for 4 hours because of driver ranking time restrictions :/

However I'm just glad to be taking part in this event as I missed out on getting in a team last year for it and was the event which encouraged me to really want to take part in the series. Just hoping for a clean race connection wise and that the result is dictated by race pace :P

Good luck everyone!! :cheers:
You can only drive 4 hours in the whole 24 hours?? :eek:

...As the sun has risen and set for many race day is finally here, as the hour approaches when the lights go green, the drivers are getting their last few hours of track practice or their last few hours of rest, with a feeling of trepidation in their bones, as the inevitable nerves in the pits of the stomachs build, one thing is for sure, the race will begin, there maybe rain, some cars will overtake others, some will spin, some will crash and then at the end of the 24th hour that chequered flag will fly, and all else that falls in between I'm sure will be pure entertainment...

Good luck guys :gtpflag:

Back