300 mph Club

• Thread starter spsajewski
  • 323 comments
Edit Edit: Just for stats the Mark III had 107 built, but only 31 were actually used for road cars.

Not to start a debate and take this thread off topic, as I don't want to be reported and have my posts removed but, actually there were only 7 GT40 Mk.IIIs produced. Their chassis numbers were GT40M3/1101-1107 and all 7 were produced as road cars. In GT6 the only GT40s available, the Mk. I and Mk. IV were produced as race cars only. Some Mk. Is were later transformed into street legal road cars as they were about $2,000 cheaper than the Mk. III and a whole lot better looking.

It seems Polyphony digital has taken some creative liberties and allowed certain non-street legal cars to be raced in non-race car classes. These creative liberties though do not replace real world facts.

update used to make maybe top 150000 online rank in seasonal events now just placed in 12000.. I owe it to u for makin me think about this game ths...sorry off topic... but I did get my ford focus to 290 mph..rolled it and it launched straight up hit 290

update used to make maybe top 150000 online rank in seasonal events now just placed in 12000.. I owe it to u for makin me think about this game ths...sorry off topic... but I did get my ford focus to 290 mph..rolled it and it launched straight up hit 290
Nice job on the seasonals! Which Focus did you get to 290? The ST?

Nice job on the seasonals! Which Focus did you get to 290? The ST?
yep focus st 13.. it's a rocket lol..but it was a glitch ..I rolled it it hit a wall an went straight up ..funny to watch in car driver as hes trying to stear it..less than 50 miles and needed rigidity restored after it landed ..oh forgot..crazy game gave me both speed demon and 111 meters a sec. trophys for it..just watched replay again and paused at launch 314 mph..don't yet know how to post a vid or pic will do so when I can..

Last edited:
Finally got the Gallardo to 300 mph. It was little trickier than others.
Setup
Suspension: lowest settings for height, spring rate, dampers and anti-roll bars
Transmission: Max. Speed@286, Final Gear@3.725
NOs: 50%

With this tune it will touch 300 mph, if only very shortly. Helps to get a longer run up.

Raddad1591, try getting a little bit of a longer run up to the hill. Might push you to 300 mph[/quote
sorry posted that to quick(dog was on my ass to play)..was in game stayed to the right to avoid draft but apparently
they still suckyou along..tried your way(the proper way)can only get low 290s

The FXX is a road car, you can tag it and drive it on any public street.

Are you stupid! Do you even know cars dude... the fxx is nowhere near street legal! There is only one street legal one in the whole world out of 30 of them! Plus you can't even keep them when you aren't "racing it!" After your Ferrari approved track day it gets sent back to a Ferrari warehouse where it is kept out of sight and maintained! So the fxx needs to be taken off this list unless kaz can specifically say on this thread that he modeled the one in the game after the ONLY street legal fxx IN THE WORLD!

Last edited:
I'll get it to 500 clicks soon…
88ccc8b88d1b11e3b76e126830c1a143_8.jpg

Are you stupid! Do you even know cars dude... the fxx is nowhere near street legal! There is only one street legal one in the whole world out of 30 of them! Plus you can't even keep them when you aren't "racing it!" After your Ferrari approved track day it gets sent back to a Ferrari warehouse where it is kept out of sight and maintained! So the fxx needs to be taken off this list unless kaz can specifically say on this thread that he modeled the one in the game after the ONLY street legal fxx IN THE WORLD!

Which he didn't for sure, because the one in the game doesn't have side mirrors and the streetlegal version does ;)

I'll double check it today, but the way I'm doing the list is if it is recognised as a street car in the game, is able to be raced in street car only races, then it is allowed on the list. I know that may not tickle everyone's ivories, but the long short of it is that this is a list of cars that can do 300 mph and are street legal in the game, and not necessarily in real life. Also, please try to keep comment passive in the future. Nobody is here to get in a fight over something.

Edit: Just double checked and FXX is indeed allowed in street car only races.

Last edited:

Yes I know of some cars very well, not all of them but enough to know what I'm speaking of. Yes I know that there is only one street legal FXX, though the whole was going to be street legal but it was caned buy Ferrari due to cost. They sought it would be better for the car to be offered as a club car for Ferrari owners with a clause allowing them to keep the cars in house so they could be taking car of. The car in basically a F-1 car. Not to many people know how to drive or even take care of one, so I understand why it was done.

Yes I know of some cars very well, not all of them but enough to know what I'm speaking of. Yes I know that there is only one street legal FXX, though the whole was going to be street legal but it was caned buy Ferrari due to cost. They sought it would be better for the car to be offered as a club car for Ferrari owners with a clause allowing them to keep the cars in house so they could be taking car of. The car in basically a F-1 car. Not to many people know how to drive or even take care of one, so I understand why it was done.

I don't want to rain on anybodys parade here but any speed over about 220 mph is totally unrealistic. I know what it takes to make a Mustang do 200 mph because I was in one with a GPS to take the readings. The car had a supercharger with an intercooler that was cooled with a 40 gallon tank of ice and water in the back seat area. It was lowered, streamlined and stripped making about 960 HP. It just made 201 mph on a flat road on the high desert. I will draw your attention to the fact that atmospheric drag increases as to the square of the velocity. Two hundred squared = 40,000 units of drag. Three hundred squared = 90,000 units of drag. Whereas 100 mph creates only 10,000 units of drag. So ignoring rolling friction drag (and all the blowouts) it will take 2.25 times the horsepower to go from 200mph to 300 mph. Since we know that it takes about 1000 hp to go over 200 mph, then it would take 2,250hp to go 300 mph. None of these cars are even close to that number so......... it's just another thing broken in GT6.

Cheers, Mustangxr
BTW, 200 mph in any car is really freaking fast!!! The telephone poles really do look like a picket fence going by. After that run in the Mustang, I got out and kissed the ground!?!

When it comes to speed in GT I don't bother comparing to real life, I already made that very apparent before. The modeling needs fine work @mustangxr, which is being improved and the latest update has shown that. Maybe some have noticed and some have not, though there is a change and it all depends on the driver how much of a change it is. At the moment things are off at one major area is speed.

Can anyone please tell me the top speed settings for the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 and SRT Viper GTS '13
I would be really appreciate it

Can anyone please tell me the top speed settings for the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 and SRT Viper GTS '13
I would be really appreciate it
I don't know what the tranny setting would be, but lowering your suspension and making it as soft as possible will help and max NOs. Make sure to set Max Speed as high as it can go, then just fool around with Final Gear some. If I get around to playing tonight then I'll see what tranny setting works.

Alright let me know soon as possible ..
Alright, here’s my set up for the ZR1. It reaches +300 mph very easily, so I was able to give it a little bit of a handling setup for the bends.

Suspension

Ride Height F/R: 65/66

Spring Rate F/R: 9.68/10.09

Dampers C F/R: 3/4

Dampers E F/R: 5/6

Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4

Camber F/R: 0/0

Toe Angle F/R: -0.10/0.10

Transmission

Max. Speed: 298 mph

Final Gear: 3.000

Power

This redlines at +315mph
I'll give the Viper a try soon.

Edit: Make sure you don't have Flat Floors installed, they add significant drag and lower your top speed.

Last edited:
Alright let me know soon as possible ..
And, here’s my set up for the Viper.

Suspension

Ride Height F/R: 70/70

Spring Rate F/R: 8.89/8.89

Transmission

Power

This reaches 303 mph with gearing to spare for drafting

And, here’s my set up for the Viper.

Suspension

Ride Height F/R: 70/70

Spring Rate F/R: 8.89/8.89

Transmission

Power

This reaches 303 mph with gearing to spare for drafting
Thank you so much!!

Has any one gotten to 300 mph in an LFA? I've gotten to 293 mph and 297 mph in the standard and Nurburgring package, respectively. I feel with a little work both could make it.

Has any one gotten to 300 mph in an LFA? I've gotten to 293 mph and 297 mph in the standard and Nurburgring package, respectively. I feel with a little work both could make it.
I managed 298 in the Nurburgring package, but that required a long run up :nervous: they need to update the effects of suspension settings on top speed and a few more cars would be able to make 300!

Just did a 3:53.74 lap at Route X in the TZ3 with NOS at 50%. It topped out at 313 mph down the hill.

And yes, these speeds above 200 mph do seem a bit optimistic :D

I'll have to get the proof shot later but I've got a R34 (forget which model) to crack the 300mp/h mark.
Do you still have that proof shot? I've been trying for ages to get the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02 to 300 mph and have gotten painfully close (298 mph), but haven't been able to crack it. Also if you remember what model it was, that might make a difference as well.

Do you still have that proof shot? I've been trying for ages to get the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02 to 300 mph and have gotten painfully close (298 mph), but haven't been able to crack it. Also if you remember what model it was, that might make a difference as well.

Only realised now the OP states no drafting. Whoops. Same car as you. I can hit ~292mph without, 306mph with.

image.jpg

Sorry.

Back