2016 Audi R8

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 271 comments
Indonesia
Jakarta
I used the search function and came up nothing so i hope this is worth a thread.

Caught testing on the green hell. Sounds like they're testing the V10 variant. The rear looks boxier than the current one.

Looks like it's getting the edgier look we've seen on the Quattro concept thingy.
I can already tell I won't like it, but it's about time that they'll change the look,
the current R8 is dated.

Looks like it's getting the edgier look we've seen on the Quattro concept thingy.
I can already tell I won't like it, but it's about time that they'll change the look,
the current R8 is dated.
Yeah i don't really like the current Audis, looks like the new R8 will join the list of new cars that i dislike. Right now the current Audis look boring.

I think the V10 R8 is just alright but its performance is going to have to kick it up a notch. Great luxury exotic but for the money saved I'd rather have a few other Audi's in their lineup instead. Fantastic daily driver for a businessman who wants some power + a great ride and Audi quality/ luxury. The new dc transmission is great from what I've read though.

Not to get off topic but I never thought I'd ever say this but I'd rather have a new Porsche GT3 or Turbo S.(hell I LOVE the new GT3 and I've NEVER liked Porsche). I'm really digging the new body style.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how Audi will improve on the R8 since it'll be sharing it's architecture with the Huracan. I found the 1st gen version a fantastic car to drive and I loved the styling of it.

I think the styling will be more evolution than a complete redesign to try to make it look more predominantly aggressive for a supercar.

I think the V10 R8 is just alright but its performance is going to have to kick it up a notch. Great luxury exotic but for the money saved I'd rather have a few other Audi's in their lineup instead. Fantastic daily driver for a businessman who wants some power + a great ride and Audi quality/ luxury. The new dc transmission is great from what I've read though.

Not to get off topic but I never thought I'd ever say this but I'd rather have a new Porsche GT3 or Turbo S.(hell I LOVE the new GT3 and I've NEVER liked Porsche). I'm really digging the new body style.
Yeah, the GT3 looked really aggresive, i think its the best looking GT3 yet.

The rear looks boxier than the current one.

the current R8 is dated.

R.S
Does not look to special.

It's pretty pointless trying to work out what a camo'd prototype looks like, they rarely look anything like the production car, which is kind of the point.

Yet everytime we see one, scores of people rush in and say it looks horrible...

1.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

Exhaust reminds me of the latest AMG cars.

Yeah i don't really like the current Audis, looks like the new R8 will join the list of new cars that i dislike. Right now the current Audis look boring.
Have you even seen the new RS6 Avant??

That looks good all blacked out. It is a lot more boxier, I kind of like it. Its weird seeing an R8 with "standard" non led strip headlights, I'm sure will change though. But I'm not a big fan of square tip exhaust like AMG's.

Last edited:
It's pretty pointless trying to work out what a camo'd prototype looks like, they rarely look anything like the production car, which is kind of the point.

Yet everytime we see one, scores of people rush in and say it looks horrible...
Who say it looks horrible?
R8 looked ok when it came out (like 10 years ago!), but is dated and boring now. This one looks basically like the original from what we can see. Perhaps that subdued look works for Audi but I like my $350,000 supercar to be more aggresive/outstanding.

Yet everytime we see one,n scores of people rush in and say it looks horrible...
when i say it looks boxier, i didnt mean to aay its horrible, just pointing out the car looks different (finally)
1.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

Exhaust reminds me of the latest AMG cars.

Have you even seen the new RS6 Avant??

No i haven't

How do you call something boring when you've never seen it?
my bad, i just call them boring because i've seen some of the new ones like A4 and A6, all of them look the same that i didn't bother to check the RS variants.

This is the first time I feel a car such as the R8 should end its run. The current R8 is fine just as the original TT is(the B4 model Audi A4 as well). Fiddling with the iconic original shape of those two cars, just ruined it for me. I'd be more interested to see that first e-tron concept( unless thats what this new R8 is supposed to look like) become an R9 or R10. Audi should utilize those names to coincide with the LeMans cars. Even if they made an R18 or whatever.

From March:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show/audi-eyes-smaller-engines-next-gen-r8-supercar

I going to hazard a guess that the V8 will probably be bumped up to 450hp whilst the Huracan's V10 will be detuned to around 560-580hp.

A 4-cylinder turbo seems a little questionable for a supercar like this, but the TT Quattro Sport Concept showed how much power could be offered.

I'd personally prefer the 4.0 V8 twin-turbo to go in the next R8 if they're to offer a turbo powerplant.

Back