2016 Audi R8

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 272 comments
First photo of the 2016 Audi R8

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1096686_2016-audi-r8-first-photo

2016-audi-r8-image-leaked-image-via-instagram-user-dreboog_100499439_l.jpg

Styling looks like I thought it would: more evolution than complete revolution, with a bit more aggressive stance.

I don't believe that is real for a few reasons. First something just looks odd about it. Second why is it in a repair shop, that doesn't look like an Audi facility where they have a car like that? And third the person who posted the pic on instagram said he had more pics of it but now delete his account.

I don't believe that is real for a few reasons. First something just looks odd about it. Second why is it in a repair shop, that doesn't look like an Audi facility where they have a car like that? And third the person who posted the pic on instagram said he had more pics of it but now delete his account.
It looks a match to me:

maxresdefault.jpg

Headlights? They don't seem like the Audi corporate face headlights (I.e like a TT's)

I wonder how the marketing department at Audi feels about the first undisguised picture of their new halo car shows it in a messy, poorly lit workshop on a lift with no wheels, a big rag on it's roof, and a cable sprouting from it's apparently ill-fitting front compartment lid, all shot with a camera about as sophisticated as a motorola razr.

I wonder how the marketing department at Audi feels about the first undisguised picture of their new halo car shows it in a messy, poorly lit workshop on a lift with no wheels, a big rag on it's roof, and a cable sprouting from it's apparently ill-fitting front compartment lid, all shot with a camera about as sophisticated as a motorola razr.

Perhaps they want us to think that's what the new R8 will look like, then BAM! Completely different design, just to surprise us.

/tinfoil hat

It just looks inelegant compared to the the older R8s. They're following that Lexus razorblade type design which I do not like.
I could honestly not give two cents for anything that comes out of Lexus' mouth or factories, and now looking at it like that has sorta killed a little light in me, because I know it's true.

How? It doesn't even look close.

2015-Lexus-RC-F-1.jpg

I fail to see how its follow the design.
Lexus generally has had more of a vertical intake, whilst Audi has kept a horizontal intake up until know... Just Google Audi and Lexus side-to-side and you will see.

Are you guys reffering to the actual grill mesh itself?

Back