Best 2.5 mil car to buy?(ANSWERED)

I need a car that is fast and handles well for high spec races and costs under 2.5 mil credits. Suggestions?
Peugeot 908 HDI it handles great and very grippy on the edge(as long as you don't overpush), loads of downforce, and I reccomend to run it stock because of fuel use.

Peugeot 908 HDI it handles great and very grippy on the edge(as long as you don't overpush), loads of downforce, and I reccomend to run it stock because of fuel use.
Sounds good, but I might develop a tendency to make 28-point turns and crash into everything :)

Most premium lmp's are good choices. My favorite are the 908 and the speed 8 and I'd say both are good choices.

Okay, all LMPs are fast, but I want to emphasize handling.

I wasn't trying to sound rude if that's what you got out of that. IMO I'd get a newer prototype instead of the group C cars because I feel like they're easier to control and look cooler IMO. Both the Bentley Speed 8 is a joy to drive, the 908 is also great, the '05 pescarolo c60 hybrid is very fast along with the '01 audi r8. The r18 is nice to drive but on the slower side stock and the deltawing has a cool factor and is fun but you really have to brake in a straight line to be affectice.

I wasn't trying to sound rude if that's what you got out of that. IMO I'd get a newer prototype instead of the group C cars because I feel like they're easier to control and look cooler IMO. Both the Bentley Speed 8 is a joy to drive, the 908 is also great, the '05 pescarolo c60 hybrid is very fast along with the '01 audi r8. The r18 is nice to drive but on the slower side stock and the deltawing has a cool factor and is fun but you really have to brake in a straight line to be affectice.
Sorry I sounded like that. What I meant to say was that I got the point that there are fast LMPs, and I was looking for handling. I just worded it wrong.

If you're just looking for handling then the Toyota TS030 Hybrid is one you should consider. As a high revving naturally aspirated car you'll find that it has better traction out of low-speed corners than almost any other LMP available, and it has good all-round handling from my experiences driving it.

It may be underpowered compared to most older LMP and Group C cars, but not by as much as the 615 PP would lead you to believe. It performs more like a 630-635 PP car, based in the lap times I achieved driving it compared to the Audi R18 TDI.

I'd have to go with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid just because it's really, really useful for seasonals. The thing seems to get into just about all of the expert ones and can even do endurance ones with ease without pitting a lot of the time. Well, worth it's money for that. It's one of my "Go-To" cars for when I really want to win a seasonal.

The TS030 is by far the best handling LMP, it'll even run realistic laptimes, which is pretty rare in GT. The hybrid system makes it a lot quicker than the PP figure suggests, makes it very useful for seasonals or certain races where it falls under the PP limit. I'd also recommend the 905, providing you limit the power back to where it should be (around 520HP), really easy to drive and light on tyres and fuel.

For me the Mazda 787B or the Bentley Aero 8. both are fantastic cars and grip really well and are easy to control.

Okay, so I got the Toyota and there were NO upgrades available whatsoever. I sold it when I realized this, saving up again and going for the Bentley.

Could've at least kept it in your garage for 600-650 PP races. It challenges the Matchbox Vacuum 2J for supremacy in 600PP time trial seasonals...

Depending on your skill level you could still have won the GT World Championship and Le Mans 24 minute race with the Toyota TS030 (I've won both events with this car and also the Audi R18), but it is true that it's quite a ways off the pace of any LMP car dated 2005 or earlier on this game. Hence why I said that it's the car of choice on handling characteristics only, not on overall pace.

For overall pace, the Bentley Speed 8 should serve you well, though I still think you were a bit unfair towards the 2005 Pescarolo...

Last edited:
Could've at least kept it in your garage for 600-650 PP races. It challenges the Matchbox Vacuum 2J for supremacy in 600PP time trial seasonals...

Depending on your skill level you could still have won the GT World Championship and Le Mans 24 minute race with the Toyota TS030 (I've won both events with this car and also the Audi R18), but it is true that it's quite a ways off the pace of any LMP car dated 2005 or earlier on this game. Hence why I said that it's the car of choice on handling characteristics only, not on overall pace.

For overall pace, the Bentley Speed 8 should serve you well, though I still think you were a bit unfair towards the 2005 Pescarolo...
I might just consider getting the Pescarolo again and finding a good tune for it...

I used to have a Pescarolo, it felt squirrely and understeery. Plus its interior is crap.

It is unstable, but get a good tune on it and it becomes one of the best LMPs, if not the best LMP in the game. But I still prefer the 908 by far, stable and really quick!

Back