What wheel will you be using

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 335 comments
Trying to choose between T300RS and Logitech G29... Can't decide

I haven't read up on the new TM wheel that was revealed at the event. Any news on that front?

Don't have a PS4 yet but will consider it if the game is good. I've been debating getting a new wheel for months. Seemed to be a lot of problems with the T300 so I waited on that. G29 is just a G27 retread. No official support for Fanatec. Don't think I'll like the fixed paddles on the T500. This new DD wheel gives me hope but it's dependent on the price. I think it'll come in around $999-1099 so I'll have to again wait for reviews and see if the reliability has been sorted out in the first run.

In the meantime, don't make a panic purchase and firesale your G27, it might just work on the PS4 with the GIMX adaptor.

599xx. No problems with it since March.
For me is mid-price benchmark wheel. Bought for £323 :cheers:

Well we know you're rubbish with a controller :P just kidding mate. I've just put up your drive on Nordschleife with the controller on the video thread.

I've got my T150 lined up as I can't really justify a significant spend on a wheel.

PS Thanks for your help with getting videos done at the Event 👍

Ideally, I'd love to go all in with a Fanatec CSW v2 base, and have the appropriate wheels for both the XB1 and PS4. But considering the price involved, it's probably further down the line with other real-world things taking priority.

Ideally, I'd love to go all in with a Fanatec CSW v2 base, and have the appropriate wheels for both the XB1 and PS4. But considering the price involved, it's probably further down the line with other real-world things taking priority.

Fanatec announced last November that they were going to have a more affordable wheel base available, but there has been no word on it since. Hopefully, with AC coming to consoles, we'll hear something from them.

I upgraded to a G29 few months ago from a 27, to be ready for this! Also so I could start playing PCars properly and of course AC coming soon. Love it, scored and cheap bargain and 27s still going at a responsible price to counter that cost :).

G29 but will likely upgrade to the new GT direct drive Thrustmaster one unless Fanatec release a direct drive wheel that also works on Xbox One and PS2.

Sucks both the G29 and the T300 sell H-pattern shifters separately. Can't I just hack my PS4 to make my G27 work? :P Given, I'll probably wait for a wheel till GT7. My big video game expense this year is gonna be that VR helmet.

Sucks both the G29 and the T300 sell H-pattern shifters separately. Can't I just hack my PS4 to make my G27 work? :P Given, I'll probably wait for a wheel till GT7. My big video game expense this year is gonna be that VR helmet.
Yes.

AFAIK T300RS has better wheel but G29 has better and more pedals and it's 20% cheaper here.
Jumped from G25 to G29 half year ago, very glad about it.
Some say that G29 is just a revisioned/upgraded version of G27. But I played a little G27 too, and G29 feels better, has more buttons, new pedals, more quiеt...it's enough for me.

AFAIK T300RS has better wheel but G29 has better and more pedals and it's 20% cheaper here.
Jumped from G25 to G29 half year ago, very glad about it.
Some say that G29 is just a revisioned/upgraded version of G27. But I played a little G27 too, and G29 feels better, has more buttons, new pedals, more quiеt...it's enough for me.
The Thrustmaster wheels, from my limited experience, are far and away better than the Logitechs, and the Logitechs are great. However the TM wheels are much more expensive, so there's that.

Plus you might have to gamble with the reliability. Some people's TM's run flawless for years while others face problems in the first few months.
Logitech wheels aren't without flaws either. I had to return my first G27 for exchange after about 6 months for the common issue of the wheel going off centre. Several others around here have had the same issue. Apparently this issue was common enough that it was corrected in the design of the G29.

I'll be using this as i already own it and I wont have money for a good wheel :lol:

dsc02612.jpg

Fanatec announced last November that they were going to have a more affordable wheel base available, but there has been no word on it since. Hopefully, with AC coming to consoles, we'll hear something from them.

Yeah, here's hoping. It's been too long, so thanks for the reminder.

I've still got a ways to go though; doubt I'll be able to convince the girlfriend that a rig is a better purchase than a puppy...

I've got a Fanatec CSW V2 and a T500RS but never use the T500 because I can't be bothered to keep swapping wheels out of my rig. So far it worked out pretty well because the devs of both PCars and Dirt rally have included the fanatec drivers to enable my CSW V2 to work. Somehow I don't think PDI are going to do that, which will be an absolute disgrace if they don't. So I think my only hope will be a PS4 compatible wheel rim from fanatec, similar to the one I have that works on Xbone. If I have to keep swapping wheels in my rig it will be just another negative against GTS and they are building up pretty quickly.

Back