What wheel will you be using

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 335 comments
Thanks for quick response guys. Another question, I have g27 pedals and the ricmotech adapter that allows you to plug Logitech pedals into t300 and only use 1 USB port. Would that possibly work? I just don't wanna have to use the stock pedals cause they're just trash and I don't even know where I put them lol

Thanks for quick response guys. Another question, I have g27 pedals and the ricmotech adapter that allows you to plug Logitech pedals into t300 and only use 1 USB port. Would that possibly work? I just don't wanna have to use the stock pedals cause they're just trash and I don't even know where I put them lol
If you mean this adapter then the answer is yes.

i'm going through this exact scenario, kids

Fanatec complete set-up, PC, PS3(x3), and PS4 .... trying to add PS4 compatibility with the newer games

i require functionality, through a usb switch, with PC, PS3, & PS4

i successfully built a GIMX adapter for my friend, and it seems to be working beautifully for his Logitech G27 (he has been driving the beta since the first round of invites)

i was sitting still ... not moving ... wondering ... and then i finally got my invite to the beta a couple days ago, so the issue was forced on me

so ... i have a T300 RS arriving fedex today, and i'll have to live with the crappy basic pedal set for a week or so, until i find the solution

a) buy the $20 ricmo adapter, and use my old, load cell modified G27 pedal set, ... zero hassle, nice

b) buy the $55 basherboard adapter, fiddle with running my PC parallel, and use my fanatec pedals, ... hassle, but nicer

c) build another couple GIMX (the plural of GIMX is GIMX, not GIMXes .... and i need 2 so my other friend can have one, too), and fiddle fart around with the dozen cables, the PC running parallel, and all the fiddly steps it requires to initiate a driving session, and then hope it works with my fanatec reliably ... ... much hassle, but i can do it, i'm smart, and doggone it, ... a few people like me

i is planning to sell the thrustmaster kit on, as soon as new Fanatec PS4 licensed option is released, or as soon as i can get seamless, proper operation from my fanatec gear
my first GIMX build ... it works (with an extra tigerwood box i'm about to fill with e-guts)

i-rgDCkqk-L.jpg

i-8kZPTmd-L.jpg

i-9btCh3h-L.jpg

i-F2MqGbZ-L.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition came, and i switched the rig over,

i got a handle on some settings, and got the wheel "feeling" really pretty good. Not as defined as my Fanatec was, but quite a nice touch in the FF motor control ... then, with 30 minutes to spare, i was able to compete in my first 3 online races in GTS, and logged just over 100 miles.

Then went to DiRT Rally, very quickly found good settings to feel at home there, did the 2 Dailies, about 25 kilometers, and left a replay running ...

... came back into the room, to a "a controller is disconnected" message ... no response from PS button on wheel or pad, so i power everything down ... upon power up, wheel stutters and does not calibrate, given a gentle encouragement, something is grinding and doesn't want to move, (wheel does move freely and smoothly with no power switched on), so i go through the cycle again, nope, same behaviour .... so, i connect wheel the PC, wheel reboots fine, firmware update goes fine, then back at the PS4, it is still grindy & stalled :(

the wheel is dead, i got a lemon, probably a crappy failed solder/non-solder somewhere
it's just a lemon, Thrustmaster is good enough stuff, it felt quite good, actually, but it's very plasticky build & materials compared to what i am accustomed to ... all the plastic ... good for the money, i just got a lemon, and i'm taking it as a sign from the Universe ....
... i'm meant to stay with Fanatec, until something better for my purposes makes sense

[so i boxed it back up, amazon return is in effect, and refund on the T300]

NOW, of the three options i listed in the previous post, i chose option number four.

Cronusmax ... ordered, arrived a day earlier than scheduled, a little bit of fiddling with some firmware, and start-up protocols .... and it is working beautifully

i-fzJTs6z-M.jpg

if you have Fanatec CSW, this is a great solution ... i'm sayin' it

i have only one issue at this point, and maybe somebody here can help

i cannot get the hand brake function to map to my Fanatec hand brake, nor to my shifter in sequential mode.
i can't drive as well with hand brake mapped to a wheel button, so i'm hoping to find a solution to this
(Cronusmax has forums, and one dedicated to wheel support & users)

anyhow, ... bottom line, at the bottom, --> ChronusmaxPlus and Fanatec are GO! for GTSport

i got that ... feelin' again ... i got that ... feelin' again

i-JFTbThr-L.jpg

all the feels

i-3Jpntz3-L.jpg

all. the. feels.

i-26NNQsr-L.jpg

"god, it's good" J.Clarkson

Last edited:
Back