Blizzard Mountain expansion

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 387 comments
United States
United States
jamman39
I didn't even know it could snow in Australia, but it looks like that is whats going to happen in the first expansion. Here's the teaser image:

upload_2016-11-3_16-18-59.jpeg

Im so confused about this dlc. Its not winter anymore in Australia so why is there a winter dlc pack. When its nearly summer. I get that its a game made in america but still it doesnt make sense lol.

I guess I better go ahead and purchase the expansion. Was going to get the car pass, but I think the expansion is worth more to me. I mean, can't you eventually buy every car in the game that is released as DLC?

VXR
The snow-capped mountain at the far end of the game world should be a big clue.
Agreed. It's pretty visible from a certain distance. Get's me hyped everytime. :D

I also doubt it will take place in the same location. Wasn't it said that Australia already has a snow area but seperated from its main locations?

Agreed. It's pretty visible from a certain distance. Get's me hyped everytime. :D

I also doubt it will take place in the same location. Wasn't it said that Australia already has a snow area but seperated from its main locations?

There is more snow on mainland Australia than Tasmania (which is the place separated from the rest of the country that others were talking about).

As I said earlier, Falls Creek, one Australia more famous snow regions, is located in the Kiewa Valley. The Kiewa Valley of course is also in FH3. Currently in FH3, the Kiewa Valley isn't really represented by much, there's not really anything about it that screams out 'Yep, that's the Kiewa Valley for sure!', it's landscape blends in with its surrounding Yarra Valley pretty well. It almost gives me a feeling that the Kiewa Valley is in the game just for Falls Creek, if it is to be the location in the Snow Expansion. Falls Creek is pretty much the Kiewa Valleys main attraction, and for it be currently missing in its in-game counterpart means that the Kiewa Valley's potential hasn't been reached.

Whether or not the expansion is connected to the map (which part of me thinks it will be due to the proximity of the snow capped mountains in gameplay and on the map), I'd be willing to put money on the location being Falls Creek.

There is more snow on mainland Australia than Tasmania (which is the place separated from the rest of the country that others were talking about).

As I said earlier, Falls Creek, one Australia more famous snow regions, is located in the Kiewa Valley. The Kiewa Valley of course is also in FH3. Currently in FH3, the Kiewa Valley isn't really represented by much, there's not really anything about it that screams out 'Yep, that's the Kiewa Valley for sure!', it's landscape blends in with its surrounding Yarra Valley pretty well. It almost gives me a feeling that the Kiewa Valley is in the game just for Falls Creek, if it is to be the location in the Snow Expansion. Falls Creek is pretty much the Kiewa Valleys main attraction, and for it be currently missing in its in-game counterpart means that the Kiewa Valley's potential hasn't been reached.

Whether or not the expansion is connected to the map (which part of me thinks it will be due to the proximity of the snow capped mountains in gameplay and on the map), I'd be willing to put money on the location being Falls Creek.
I'm willing to bet it is as well @LumpiestFish. Based on your post, it has to be true when you think about it. Really intresting. :)

I hope it will be an expansion on the original map. I'd prefer one map over multiple ones. One of the reason why my friends and me rarely played Storm Island online, because we didn't always wanted to swap back and forth between world maps.
My thoughts exactly. I really hope it's an expansion on the current map rather than a map on its own. I won't complain either way but that mountain west of Byron Bay is just such a tease.

Last edited:
http://news.xbox.com/2016/11/28/prepare-forza-horizon-3-blizzard-mountain-expansion/

Forza-Horizon-3_Blizzard-Mountain-Expansion-Key-Art-hero.png

Become King of the Mountain

This brand-new campaign challenges players to compete in a series of thrilling events with the ultimate goal of becoming the King of the Mountain. With more than 50 new events and challenges to compete in, the expansion tests drivers’ skills across extreme weather and brand new race types, including Hill Climb, Descent and Blizzard race events. In addition, players will be able to take part in new Bucket List, Blueprint and Rivals events, as well as earn 28 new Xbox Live Achievements worth 500 Gamerscore points (head over to ForzaMotorsport.net for the full list of Achievements).

In addition, players will find bonus boards to smash, beauty spots to enjoy, and a brand new hidden Barn Find vehicle.

Blizzard Mountain also introduces seven brand new vehicles to the game (plus the aforementioned Barn Find), including the incredible 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX, the 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept, classic rally cars and more. In addition, when exploring Blizzard Mountain, players will be able to choose snow tire upgrades for any of the vehicles in Forza Horizon 3 to prepare them to take on a wide range of thrilling driving surfaces.

Car list
2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX
1965 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4
1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B
2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept
2016 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck
2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car

Back