350PP Autumn Ring Quick Match (normal car, comfort soft)

• Thread starter radix023
  • 247 comments
United States
ATL
radix023
I checked for a thread on this but didn't find one, I hope I'm not duplicating.

I think this was targeted at avoiding the gsx-r. If you tune it all the way down you still end up at 360 or so PP. So you have to get something else.

I started with a '91 NSX and did okay but not great. I then went for the big torque band of the Wankel with the RX-8 and did better. Then monkey-see, monkey-do, I set up a Lotus Elise '11 because that is what I saw winning. I spent some money tuning, powered it down, and set the transmission to pretty much the lowest setting. After some laps, I added first 50 then 100 kg of ballast, adjusted power up and did pretty well (ballast forward, moving it closer to 50/50 from the initial 40/60). I still have something to figure out as a German was still beating me off the line, but we had some close races (<2 second, a few <0.3) and we were both polite and didn't do any bashing.

Money is good, when you're tweaking your car you hardly notice and you've racked up a few million. (I'm accepting suggestions on expensive cars I should buy. I've already got my Miura.)

Match entry was the usual mess, it takes me about 3-4 tries and 10 minutes to get in, but seems stable once I'm there.

Autumn ring can be fun sliding around in an MR and when you don't overdrive and hum the line it can be a blast.

Honda S800 = win

Nimble little car that I love because no one cares about it (not an obvious choice and you have to setup it properly) and its so good and fast for this low range of PP.

If you tune it correctly it goes almost as fast as an Elise on corners and in the straights its quite a lot faster

Its good that the GSX-R ("cheat" car) is out of this event.

I posted a tune yesterday for my winning Toyota MR-S '02. Just use the search function to find it. It will run low 1:38s and only one guy in a Chrome FR-S concept '09 was consistently beating me. I ran 12+ races last night and only once didn't podium. Half the time I was starting in dead last of 12-14 cars. Still managed to work my way through every time. Give it a shot.

I posted a tune yesterday for my winning Toyota MR-S '02. Just use the search function to find it. It will run low 1:38s and only one guy in a Chrome FR-S concept '09 was consistently beating me. I ran 12+ races last night and only once didn't podium. Half the time I was starting in dead last of 12-14 cars. Still managed to work my way through every time. Give it a shot.
The S800 will do mid 1:37's.

Edit: high 1:36's.

Last edited:
On my very first try i almost win with a Honda Element.
I was on the lead until the last lap, then some guy on a Peugeot 106 just spun me off track (it was on purpose...), then an Elise touched me and i was the one that got a penalty. Ended up 5th.
I think they couldn't handle losing to a Honda Element lol

This car was one of the fastest on the straights (a Lotus Elise couldn't keep up for example) and i did some tuning for it to actually turn. I don't remember my times but it was on the high 1.38, maybe lower. Nice ride.

I've been using the S800 here for a few days- originally, I was usually the only one in the field, but now I imagine if I go on today there might be more of them, haha :)

I also had some trouble winning, for me it was a consistency issue because I haven't been playing. Also had some intermittent server issues. But, I held the fastest lap in many of the races I entered, in the 1:3x's.

I can do high 36s in a Honda Fit. I suspect the Elise's are mid 36 or so.

Seems most of the Elise drivers are hacks. As in, bad drivers.

Who would have thought driving slow cars could me so much fun. Now if I could just load on the first try.

Can do 1.32 in my S800, but I've finished last in every race so far! Seems to be fast when in the clear, but easily spun when in traffic ( and it's always me that gets the penalty!)
What? This must be an error surely. Same tires and PP? Has to be wrong...
I managed to do high 1:36, and from here for me its very hard to improve because the car is tail happy and nervous on corners.
And I won several races with 14-16 cars. If a car is fast you surely shouldnt have many problems to finish up high. I once managed to finish 2nd after starting last in a race of 15.
Who would have thought driving slow cars could me so much fun. Now if I could just load on the first try.
Its so fun because cars are in general so close, therefore the races are close.
Also this low pp produces far less collisions and accidents because of the low speed

What? This must be an error surely. Same tires and PP? Has to be wrong...
I managed to do high 1:36, and from here for me its very hard to improve because the car is tail happy and nervous on corners.
And I won several races with 14-16 cars. If a car is fast you surely shouldnt have many problems to finish up high. I once managed to finish 2nd after starting last in a race of 15.

Its so fun because cars are in general so close, therefore the races are close.
Also this low pp produces far less collisions and accidents because of the low speed
What I should have said, and it's a phenomenon I've noticed in other seasonals, is that the 1.32 is in the warm up - in the race the best I can manage is a 1.37. I'll try and get a screen shot. Still haven't managed to win with it yet.......

What I should have said, and it's a phenomenon I've noticed in other seasonals, is that the 1.32 is in the warm up - in the race the best I can manage is a 1.37. I'll try and get a screen shot. Still haven't managed to win with it yet.......
yeah thats the thing i suppose, in online warmup/practice/qualification the car feels lighter as it were almost empty of fuel, and in the race its like the tank is full (thats what I've understood)

Unfortunately from what I've seen, the usual suspect Elise is usually in the high spots too, along with another underrated and fast car, that is the Honda Fit RS (the first car you buy in career mode)

Last edited:
yeah thats the thing i suppose, in online warmup/practice/qualification the car feels lighter as it were almost empty of fuel, and in the race its like the tank is full (thats what I've understood)

Unfortunately from what I've seen, the usual suspect Elise is usually in the high spots too, along with another underrated and fast car, that is the Honda Fit RS (the first car you buy in career mode)
That's the feeling I get too, or that the track has more grip! The Elise seems to be much faster than anything else in this event, the Fit not quite so fast.

Last edited:
I tried the Elise '11 using Praiano's tune (but without the engine mods). That thing is fun! I managed to get a lap in the 1:34's with a total time sub 4:53.

Now the game to play will be seeing how many Elises you can beat driving a different car.

Last edited:
PD doing something about the screwed up penalty system(yeah,like its going to happen) would go a long way to improving these races-as it stands now,driving clean and fairly will only serve to get you a whole bunch of penalties,and I for one can't drive like a 🤬,although there is a certain amount of satisfaction in cleanly taking the 🤬 who rammed/barged/divebombed you and leaving them in your dust :mischievous:
That being said,there is in me a morbid fascination with the whole QM experience,that despite all the hassle and strife of running it,just keeps bringing me back for just one more race...

Can do 1.32 in my S800, but I've finished last in every race so far! Seems to be fast when in the clear, but easily spun when in traffic ( and it's always me that gets the penalty!)
Ditto, ran my little S800 three times, was fastest in warm ups but got slammed by 2nd lap every time. Had enough of this one,, will stick to high hp, fast cars at Spa until they bring back the LMP's.

Despite what I posted earlier i've just had a rather pleasant(on the whole)afternoon session,I ditched the Elise-didn't feel right driving a de-tuned car,and went back to my Lupo GTI.Great little car with a few tweaks here and there,and for the most part able to hold its own,I was consistently finishing in the top 5 and higher with minimal argy-bargy,it didn't seem to draw as much attention as some of the "faster cars",it kinda sneaks in under the radar and pops up in some unexpected places :lol:
Hopefully this one will stay on for a while yet,as once all the novelty seekers have left I can see it becoming a rather good little event...

I try to drive as clean as possible all the time. If someone keeps nerfing me and everyone else on the track, I don't feel one bit of remorse if they end up with a penalty after I squeeze inside them on a turn. I don't try to shove them off track like they do to me though.

Ditto, ran my little S800 three times, was fastest in warm ups but got slammed by 2nd lap every time. Had enough of this one,, will stick to high hp, fast cars at Spa until they bring back the LMP's.
I'm glad I'm not the only one it happens to, once you've been hit with a penalty it's difficult to claw it back too.

This is the best thing on GT6 currently, in my opinion. It's all about being smooth and flooring it and staying clean as possible. Good stuff.

Honda Power! But the Elise does seem to have an edge, but just barely. Bare. Ly.

I mentioned the Beat (highest pp version) and Alfa Duetto '66 in another thread. Both come in at around 120hp and rapid on the straights considering the pp. Both can get into the 36's and I've seen the Beat doing sub 5'. The Duetto is the much easier drive (think it may have been a Praiano tune) and possibly quicker with a tune for the track.

I don't do this QM anymore though. It was more like banger racing, a pain to get in (and stay in) with how popular it is and it brought out the drivers who use their feet to steer. The penalties are brutal too. At that speed, all contact seems to count.

On the bright side, it's dragged a lot of the nutters off the GT3 event so it's not as busy as it was.

bone_tone said

Mind sharing your tune? I tried the S800 and the best that I could do was 1:40.

Mind sharing your tune? I tried the S800 and the best that I could do was 1:40.
90bhp, 733kg, tuned as follows:-

Racing suspension soft
Racing brakes - 3,4
Full cust trans
Final 4.676

Diff 12,14,21
Stage 2 tune
Sports computer
Isometric exhaust
Catalytic converter

Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Window weight reduction
Ballast 83kg at 25%

To my shame, I have now switched allegiance to the Elise, but have now got some wins under my belt as a result - very fast, but easy to drive too.

I got a best lap of 1:35xx in the Honda 1300 '70 coupe. Came in second and third even against some Elise's but it wasn't quite enough to get a win. Had a lot of fun and make a lot of credits. A lot. Funny thing is I ended up spending 2 hours with a friend at this one. What are the odds we'd both end up in the same room. 👍

Latest Posts

Back