350PP Autumn Ring Quick Match (normal car, comfort soft)

• Thread starter radix023
  • 247 comments
An Elise, of course... lowered it, softened the springs a bit, & painted it Nero Nemesis. It scares them into submission... Actually I'd have to fire up the system to see how I have everything set. I am not a tuner by any means. You might want to look at Mr. P's tunes, in the tuning section.

I have the Elise also but can't seem to find a proper tune to make the podium. Let me know what your tuning is when you fire up your system next time to see if it can help me out. The Vauxhaul VX220 is pretty bad ass too if you can find the right tune. Some dude was killing every single Elise with it yesterday.

image.jpg

I'm having fun in these races when I stay through the race (which is rare). I won a race in an Elise by about a tenth over a S2000 so that may be a good alternative car to use. Also to me the '04 Elise seems a little faster than the '11. The '04 Is slightly lighter and has a better power curve which gives it an advantage.

Tried using a couple vehicles that were unlikely to be seen (The Guilia Sprint Speciale and the '79 Bluebird). Both cars proved to be competitive even against the Elise.

There are 3 places that you should hit your brakes. First corner, down the hill, & up the other side. Getting through the first lap intact is the first step. The first turn is a bear. Then get on their tail, & pressure them into a mistake. Did I mention the first corner, yeah that one...

MSZ
The elises are definitely hacked, they are doing 1:25s. My best time is high 1:39

There's something funny with this quick match. I was in one of those races that keeps resetting the clock, so I got to run about 10 laps in practice. I was using the ASL Gariya. Fast time was 1:30 for an Elise. I did a 1:27, then the Elise did a 1:25. Um yea, right. In 2 more laps I could do no better than 1:47. 20 seconds difference, and top speed at the front straight went down almost 10mph. In the race itself everything is back to normal. My fast lap was a 1:36 something.

So there's definitely something strange happening.

I have the Elise also but can't seem to find a proper tune to make the podium. Let me know what your tuning is when you fire up your system next time to see if it can help me out. The Vauxhaul VX220 is pretty bad ass too if you can find the right tune. Some dude was killing every single Elise with it yesterday.
All you have to do is lower the suspension quite a bit... and a bit lower in the front than the rear. And there you go... the elise has very high grip even with comfort softs. I tried with the 111R and the '11 versions, both are similarly good.

There's something funny with this quick match. I was in one of those races that keeps resetting the clock, so I got to run about 10 laps in practice. I was using the ASL Gariya. Fast time was 1:30 for an Elise. I did a 1:27, then the Elise did a 1:25. Um yea, right. In 2 more laps I could do no better than 1:47. 20 seconds difference, and top speed at the front straight went down almost 10mph. In the race itself everything is back to normal. My fast lap was a 1:36 something.

True, I dont know what happens but the cars sometimes appear to be faster or slower with no apparent reason.

boost ?

Edit. oops double post

There are blokes who really learnt to master the dodgy penalty system and can harvest wins just by initiating contact with everyone who closes on them. I saw a few dudes who were just wiping everyone else and managed to make their victims get the penalties. Very frustrating.

Btw, I've lost a few races against a 1.8L NB that looked very well set for the Autumn Ring

Last edited:
There are blokes who really learnt to master the dodgy penalty system and can harvest wins just by initiating contact with everyone who closes on them. I saw a few dudes who were just wiping everyone else and managed to make their victims get the penalties. Very frustrating.

Btw, I've lost a few races against a 1.8L NB that looked very well set for the Autumn Ring
If you follow a normal racing line and dont get intimidated by anyone, you would rarely ever get an unfair penalty.

There's something funny with this quick match. I was in one of those races that keeps resetting the clock, so I got to run about 10 laps in practice. I was using the ASL Gariya. Fast time was 1:30 for an Elise. I did a 1:27, then the Elise did a 1:25. Um yea, right. In 2 more laps I could do no better than 1:47. So there's definitely something strange happening.

I just had a similar thing happen to me in the QM races.

The race started and I could see nearly everyone on the grid but then only three cars seemed to start so I drove from 11th place into 1st place by the third corner. During the race, cars were popping into and out of existence. And when they came back onto the track, they would slide sideways off the track and smack the Armco. And my lap times were about 8 seconds higher than normal. Issues........

:cheers:
GTsail

Last edited:
If you follow a normal racing line and dont get intimidated by anyone, you would rarely ever get an unfair penalty.

I don't think your quote is very accurate sorry. In the races I have entered so far, I have witnessed this abuse (or clever use) of the penalties several times. For example I could dive bomb your normal racing line and with the right cornering angle and steering input, the game would penalize you for ramming me. It doesn't have much to do with intimidation in my opinion.

I don't think your quote is very accurate sorry. In the races I have entered so far, I have witnessed this abuse (or clever use) of the penalties several times. For example I could dive bomb your normal racing line and with the right cornering angle and steering input, the game would penalize you for ramming me. It doesn't have much to do with intimidation in my opinion.
Perhaps yes but thats really very difficult to master at least in my POV as I rarely get divebombed on the inside (providing you're quick enough and you learn how to not get divebombed)...

Two examples of where you must get the absolute inside line (to avoid being divebombed) is the ones called "The Fall" and "270R" (those names are invented by a website apparently)

500px-Autumn_Ring_track_map.png

providing you're quick enough and you learn how to not get divebombed

It surely has to do with my lack of speed but pace aside, I am curious about the dive-bomb prevention techniques. Can you teach me some of those?

It surely has to do with my lack of speed but pace aside, I am curious about the dive-bomb prevention techniques. Can you teach me some of those?
Hmm... well, option 1 is to get the complete inside line so the car behind can't divebomb you here (some people tried to do it on me anyway, but as there is no space, they exit the track and get penalised)... option 2 (when option 1 is not possible) is to take a more outside line when someone is trying to get you on the inside, so leaving him enough space but not give up and continue as fast as you can on that outside line.

Having said that... if your pace is not good enough, these options will not work, obviously... as you will block the cars behind and you will end up sooner or later getting passed anyway.

Last edited:

This is similar to what I was referring to in my post #14 on page 1, when I referred to being able to run much faster laps in warm up than in the race - sounds like you've discovered the same thing!

This was an issue last night - some people seem to spend more time trying to find ways to get other drivers a penalty than they do on trying to win by driving fast (and clean). I think I got a penalty in every race that I entered, but still managed to win a few despite the attacks.

In fact, one guy seemed to spend the whole of each race giving out penalties to everybody else, and then pulled into the pits on the last lap - it's funny what turns some people on!

Are there any track cutting penalties in this one? I noticed a lot of people like to cut the section from the first corner to the bottom straight.

Are there any track cutting penalties in this one? I noticed a lot of people like to cut the section from the first corner to the bottom straight.
Yes there are, but sometimes you can cut a tiny little bit some corners and you wont get any.

Nixxxon, gkgamer has got to be just messing around with you. He's a fast dude. He doesn't need any help.

Keep two tires in the white lines.
lol. Sometimes its hard to spot sacarsm in the internet... In this case, if he's so fast then he should surely adapt to prevent the divebombers and cheaters affect him so much.

PD should add cars credit value to race regulations so all expensive or sporty cars started from further grid position just like Best Motoring cars tester.

This has been a really fun event. Mostly been using a '11 Elise, but also had some success with an MR-2 Spyder.

A few tips:

- Don't make your car too tail-happy. Sure, it might gain you a little time on a solo hot lap, but in most of your races, you're going to be back in traffic and there will be contact; if your setup is so on the edge that a light breeze will turn you around, you're gonna end up backwards at some point in most of your races. Even if you don't actually wreck, just sliding the rear a bit too much once or twice is going to kill your lap time.

- Don't try to pass in the esses/chicanes. Trying to go through there side by side will just ruin someone's race, most likely yours. Keep it single file so you can hit your marks and don't lose momentum (or worse, end up run off the track and get a contact or shortcut penalty).

- "Slow down to go faster" is critical in this event. Braking late and attacking the entry will kill your exit speed, and with only a few braking points on the track, that will destroy your lap times. I've made a lot more passes by just pressuring the guy in front until he overdrives a corner than I have by trying to out-brake someone. If someone is trying to dive-bomb you, brake a bit early and you can usually pull off an over-under to retake the position when they go in too deep.

And yeah, if you get stuck in one of those events where the start timer keeps resetting, the lap timer in warm-up will be all kinds of screwed up, so don't bother paying attention to it. Once it had me running 1:47s instead of 1:37s despite identical corner speeds.

I just ran my first sub 5 minute race in my fresh '11 elise. A few more refinements and it will be running mid to low 1:36s. My last 2 laps were both right on 1:37.3

Back