350PP Autumn Ring Quick Match (normal car, comfort soft)

• Thread starter radix023
  • 247 comments
If you get a very small field of fast racers 4.50s are possible with sub 1:34 lap times (while leading with no slipstream).

Nixxxon, gkgamer has got to be just messing around with you. He's a fast dude. He doesn't need any help.

Keep two tires in the white lines.

lol. Sometimes its hard to spot sacarsm in the internet... In this case, if he's so fast then he should surely adapt to prevent the divebombers and cheaters affect him so much.

If he's not chasing me down then he's out front. 👍

Watch out for those orange Elises.

I may not be the slowest dude in the bunch but my skills are far from Cory's. And above all, I am not very well educated racecraft-wise so my question to Nixxxon was genuine. Although I have to admit that Nixxxon extrapolating I was slow from my struggling with the race spoilers / penalty seekers got me to add the part about my lack of pace, I was not being sarcastic. Actually, I followed Nixxxon's advice but the biggest improvement for me was what he wrote earlier about the normal racing line. I switched the driving line back on for this event and it helps me quite a bit for not ending on the wrong side of penalties.
As far as track cutting is concerned, good manners would tell us to keep, as Cory said, 2 tires inside the white lines. But there are corners where keeping a square inch of one of your tires on the outside part of a curb will be allowed. Anyways, if you end up being pushed off-track into a corner-cutting penalty, lift off the throttle before rejoining track. I may be wrong about this but I think it helps.
About cars I have raced against, I would mention the same list as many here, MR-2s/MR-S, Miatas (NBs), Garaiyas, 86s, VX220s/Speedsters, Fits, Polos GTI. I have yet to meet successful Ft-86 and HCD-1 concepts, but the Mitubishi i-concept can be a serious entry.
cheers

Last edited:
From a track day last year I remember the Abarth 500 (specially prepared Fiat 500) had excellent handling. But much too high PP for the tune I have in GT6.

Then, at the bottom of my garage, I found a Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08 which I just had to try. It's not as fast as the Elise '11 in my hands. But racing anything with 'lounge' in it's name must be worth a go.

My best race time was from 2nd on the grid, a consistent and clean Elise driver on pole. 11 car grid, big pile-up at turn 1 behind us. Eventually 3rd place charged up to be just 0.1 seconds behind me at the line.

Total race time 5:01.129 and best lap 1:37.8 I think. (Normally 1:39 for me, I really got a lucky lap at the end!)

Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
350pp
105bhp
908kg [with ballast]
58:42
16kgfm

Equipment
Comfort Soft
No oil change
No rigidity improvement [already has a delightful chassis]

Suspension
120 100
2.50 1.50
4 4
5 5
7 7
0.0 0.0
-0.10 0.00

Racing Brake Kit
1 3 [mash the brake then ease off as you start turning in, release brake entirely before turning fully towards the apex]

Power [do this before gearbox]
Limiter: 97.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3 [best torque for PP]
Catalytic Convertor [small PP increase for a nice boost across the rev range]
No other power parts

Fully Customisable Transmission
Final: nearly 5.000
Max. Speed: 200km/h
1: 3.100 [could be further right for faster launch off the line]
2: 2.250
3: 1.750
4: 1.400
5: 1.125
Final: 4.125 [adjust top speed only with this, achieves 150km/h at Autumn Ring]

Drivetrain
Fully Mechanical LSD: 5 5 5
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit

Body
GT Auto body parts, including Custom Rear Wing
Downforce: 0 20
Ballast Weight: 65kg [could be even more!]
Ballast Position: +50%
Weight Reduction Stage 3 [allows light car with ballast where I want it]
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction [tall car]

Won't set the lobbies alight but a fun and ultra stable drive. See how many Elise drivers get beaten by a lounge. :D

Bad thought: GSX-R with a lot of engine wear would get under the PP?

I just ran my first sub 5 minute race in my fresh '11 elise. A few more refinements and it will be running mid to low 1:36s. My last 2 laps were both right on 1:37.3
What setup are you running? My fastest lap was 1:40s and the rest around 1:42-45s. I'm going MAD trying to tune the Elise'11!!!

Here is my elise '11 setup for anyone wanting to try it.

Front aero type B
Special wing type a

Suspension
110 / 111
5.10 / 8.41
4/3
5/3
2/3
0.1/0.2
-0.04/0.13

Brakes 5/3

Transmission set to 112 then
4th gear to 1.656
5th gear to 1.389
Final gear to 4.610

Diff 7/12/18

Twin clutch

Power limiter to 78.8

Downforce 11

Ballast 121 kg @ -23
No weight reduction

Are there any track cutting penalties in this one? I noticed a lot of people like to cut the section from the first corner to the bottom straight.

The first right at the mini-esses can be cut, as well as the bridge turn leading onto the main straight. The ess can be cut only mildly, and only works if there's no one around you. The bridge turn can be cut fairly good, and can help you pull a car that has the same top speed. They are both tricky though, as 4 tires in the grass gets you the penalty. The bridge turn is pretty popular as I've seen a number of people do it.

Not sure they are worth the risk of penalty though. At best I've picked up about .500.

Last edited:
The first right at the mini-esses can be cut, as well as the bridge turn leading onto the main straight. The ess can be cut only mildly, and only works if there's no one around you. The bridge turn can be cut fairly good, and can help you pull a car that has the same top speed. They are both tricky though, as 4 tires in the grass gets you the penalty. The bridge turn is pretty popular as I've seen a number of people do it.

Not sure they are worth the risk of penalty though. At best I've picked up about .500.

Cutting isn't worth the moral penalty though, is it? If you win by cutting, you didn't win.

For the Elises (111R and '11) you only need to lower the suspension close to minimum, but higher in the rear than the front. And... magic... it automatically becomes really good. Maybe add a bit of camber in the rear too, but in general, touching the ride height changes these tail happy cars completely.

Btw... note that if you cut a corner and go into the grass, the car loses a lot of grip for a couple of corners or so so its not good

Tried the '11 Elise and won 7 out of 8 races. I guess I'll have to post my tune. Also as a bit of a funny side note, I saw a Ram detuned to 350pp and of course the driver tried to ram everybody on turn 1 :lol:

Just had a fun one - started last on the grid (full grid of 16), so took the start steady, half of them got a penalty on the first corner, and all of the rest through the esses - I sailed straight past them all for an easy win!

And no, it wasn't me that gave them all penalties......

I've tried various cars in this 350PP Quick Match and found that I quite like driving the Opel Speedster, however, when I ran some test laps in the Arcade Time Trial mode to see what else might be fast, I found that the Opel wasn't as fast as many of the Lotus Elise's. The following are the cars that I tried ranked by lap time (four or five lap test with each car):

Lotus Elise Type 72.......1:34.853
Lotus Elise '00..............1:34.884
Lotus Elise '11..............1:35.134
Lotus Elise 111R...........1:35.396
Opel Speedster.............1:35.433
Autobacs Garaiya..........1:36.237
Toyota MR2 Spyder.......1:36.240
Honda Fit RS '10...........1:36.488
MG TF160 '03...............1:36.903
Mazda Demio Sport........1:37.262
Subaru BRZ '12.............1.37.342
Honda CRZ '10..............1:37.774

I've raced all of the above cars in the Quick Match race and found that my results are a reasonable ranking of how the cars perform except for the Elise Type 72. The Type 72 is the lightest car on the above list and I found that the competitors liked to give me a small nudge and this would cause me to go spinning off the track. This happened twice to me when I was in second place and chasing down the leader, and the third place car gave me a "love" tap, which quickly had me spinning off into the weeds:eek::irked: Maybe the Type 72 would be good if you were time trialing alone, but in a group it seems to be a liability.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
I've tried various cars in this 350PP Quick Match and found that I quite like driving the Opel Speedster, however, when I ran some test laps in the Arcade Time Trial mode to see what else might be fast, I found that the Opel wasn't as fast as many of the Lotus Elise's. The following are the cars that I tried ranked by lap time (three lap test with each car):

Lotus Elise Type 72.......1:35.222
Lotus Elise 111R...........1:35.396
Lotus Elise '11..............1:35.461
Opel Speedster.............1:35.656
Autobacs Garaiya..........1:36.237
Toyota MR2 Spyder.......1:36.240
MG TF160 '03...............1:36.903
Subaru BRZ '12.............1.37.342
Honda Fit RS '10............1:37.382
Honda CRZ '10...............1:37.774

I've raced all of the cars in the Quick Match race and found that my results are a reasonable ranking of how the cars perform except for the Elise Type 72. The Type 72 is the lightest car on the above list and I found that the competitors liked to give me a small nudge and this would cause me to go spinning off the track. This happened twice to me when I was in second place and chasing down the leader, and the third place car gave me a "love" tap, which quickly had me spinning off into the weeds:eek::irked: Maybe the Type 72 would be good if you were time trialing alone, but in a group it seems to be a liability.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail
What is your setup for the Elise'11?

Here is my current tune for the Lotus Elise '11:

I have purchased the carbon hood and the window weight reduction, so my Elise shows the following specs:

PPV: 350
HP: 105
Wgt: 1008

Ride: 95/100 (originally was: 112/112)
Springs: 4.60/7.55
Compre: 3/4
Extens: 4/3
ARB: 4/4
Camber: 0.1/.01
Toe: -.03/.08
Brakes: 5/4
LSD: 10/19/9
Wing: 10
Ballast: 147, @ -5
P.Limiter: 79.4%

This tune is still a work in progress so use at your own risk, but since I'm not a tuner its what I'm currently working with.:D

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:
Here is my current tune for the Lotus Elise '11:

I have purchased the carbon hood and the window weight reduction, so my Elise shows the following specs:

PPV: 350
HP: 105
Wgt: 1008

Ride: 112/112
Springs: 4.60/7.55
Compre: 3/4
Extens: 4/3
ARB: 4/4
Camber: 0.1/.01
Toe: -.03/.08
Brakes: 5/4
LSD: 10/19/9
Wing: 10
Ballast: 147, @ -5
P.Limiter: 79.4%

This tune is still a work in progress so use at your own risk, but since I'm not a tuner its what I'm currently working with.

Good luck!
GTsail
Thanks dude! I was getting quicker times with it lowered around 75F - 80R if that helps. I'll try your tune tomorrow and let you know if I can tweek it a bit.

Thanks dude! I was getting quicker times with it lowered around 75F - 80R if that helps. I'll try your tune tomorrow and let you know if I can tweek it a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion!👍

I just lowered the ride height on my 2011 Elise to 95/100, and ran three more laps and ran a 1:35.134 lap so the 2011 Elise is now the fastest car on my list!:)

To be fair, I'm going to lower the ride height on my other two Elise's and see if I achieve any improvements as well.

Edit Update:
------------
I lowered the suspension on my Elise 111R and ran three more laps and achieved the exact same time as before, a 1:35.396 lap, so I didn't get a similar lap time improvement.:grumpy:

2nd update:
--------------
I lowered the suspension on my Elise Type 72 and ran three more laps and ran a 1:34.853 lap!:) The Type 72 is back on top! The lowered suspension does seem to make it faster!👍

Thanks!
GTsail

Last edited:
I won't have the chance to log on for a few days. Has anyone tried the Mazda Demio Sport '10? Being an FF it will have a traction/handling disadantage, but it has good low end accelration thanks to it's CVT. Been a frequent winner for me in the 400PP range.

My set up is going to get me laughed at but, oh well...
Ride height 85/82
Springs 4.37 / 7.41
5/4
5/6
5/3
0/0
-0.08/0.00
Brakes 7/6

not positive on how I did the trannie, I think at stock I set final gear at 4.500 & max speed to 112, then I slapped everything to the right. The car I'm looking at has the final gear at 4.400. I think it can go to around 4.600 or so.
The rear end settings are from Mr. Praiano. 8/16/18.
70% power
no ballast
You have a whooping 93 HP.

Well after looking each of my profiles have a slightly different set up, Not sure what I was doing.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Mazda Demio Sport '10? Being an FF it will have a traction/handling disadantage, but it has good low end accelration thanks to it's CVT.

I just gave it a try for my ranking list. Ran it four laps in the Arcade TT. To me, the Demio Sport drives pretty similar to the Honda CRZ and I was able to achieve similar lap times. I will put it on my list above. I think it could be faster with a better tune that what I have.

Thanks
GTsail

The answer is YES. I just spent the last 4 races losing to one (as well as other drivers. I only got 2nd once.)

I've now seen a GSX as well. The GSX won every race we had (about six in a row before he left the room).

GTsail, are your times with stock cars?

No, all my times are with cars that I have tuned to 350PP, because I've also been running all of them in the Quick Match races.

:cheers:
GTsail

Last edited:
Maybe I should share my Honda Fit tune with ya. :D

I'd be willing to try it and see how much lower I can get my Autumn Ring times!:)

Can you drive it nearly as fast as you could drive the 2011 Lotus Elise?

In an effort to get Fit faster or maybe a faster Fit;) I've taken a look at @shaunm80 's tune archive and put his tune on my Fit. I then ran my Fit for four more laps at the Autumn Ring track and was able to improve my lap time to 1:36.661:) I ran two laps with shaunm80's exact tune and two laps with the toe adjusted to -.05/-.20, so I've made a decent improvement with a few tweaks to my Fit.:)

See you on the tracks!

Last edited:
I haven't driven the Elise yet, so I can't say. Haven't felt the need or desire to.

350 peeps Honda Fit RS '10

No oil or body rigidity

130/85
2.19/2.19
2/2
2/2
2/7
0/0
-.20/-.45
Brakes 3/8

Trans has triple plate clutch. Default then max speed full left, so 99 mph and then final is at 4.700

LSD 5/6/5

Power is at 99.4% and should be at 117hp

Has hood and window weight reductions for 1035kg

Last edited:
@coryclifford - I put your tune on my Honda Fit and ran five more TT laps and was able to improve my lap time to 1:36.488, so I was able to find 2 tenths:) I like the tune, but the Honda Fit in my hands is still slower than some of the other cars I've driven. The Honda Fit overuses its front tires (which compromises some of the corners) so I just can't seem to get the most from it.

I raced against you in the Opel a number of times GTsail, great competition and clean driving.

Thanks! Yeah, I was mostly running my Opel last night.

What car were you driving? I usually run the Quick Match races with the car names showing instead of the driver names showing, so I'm more likely to recognize a car from one of the QM races.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Tonight I found out that the Honda Element is actually not bad for this event. It may weigh 1550 kg but with 175 bhp and 4WD it's fast enough to be competitive and it's great for dealing with all the dirty racing that goes on. With a bit of tweaking I've managed to get it running in the 1:39s.

Back