350PP Autumn Ring Quick Match (normal car, comfort soft)

• Thread starter radix023
  • 247 comments
What tune are you using? You should be able to run races between 4.51 and 4.55 in the Elise, depending on the number of cars in the race. If you have a good tune, then make sure that you are not overdriving - going into corners too deep on this track loses you a lot of time, remember slow in, fast out is best.
Attached is my tune.

Attachments

• Elise 111 R 4Specs.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 58
What tune are you using? You should be able to run races between 4.51 and 4.55 in the Elise, depending on the number of cars in the race. If you have a good tune, then make sure that you are not overdriving - going into corners too deep on this track loses you a lot of time, remember slow in, fast out is best.

Attachments

• Elise 111 R 4Specs.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 30
Attached is my tune.
There seem to an endless supply of tunes for the Elise, most of which seem to use lowered suspension settings, but I prefer to run mine with a higher suspension setting. I run the Elise 11, but use a modified Praiano tune for the 111R which seems to work for me - it has a much lower weight than your tune, hence a better power to weight ratio of 9.38 (compared with your 9.97).

Suspension settings as follows:-
140 140
4.00 6.93
10 1
10 10
5 7
0 0
0.03 0.18
Brakes 8/4
Diff 5,5,25
Downforce 15
Power 75.5
Ballast 62, position +5
Set your gears to suit.
You may have to tweak the weight or power settings slightly to fit the 111R, but it shouldn't be too far adrift - give it a try

There seem to an endless supply of tunes for the Elise, most of which seem to use lowered suspension settings, but I prefer to run mine with a higher suspension setting. I run the Elise 11, but use a modified Praiano tune for the 111R which seems to work for me - it has a much lower weight than your tune, hence a better power to weight ratio of 9.38 (compared with your 9.97).

Suspension settings as follows:-
140 140
4.00 6.93
10 1
10 10
5 7
0 0
0.03 0.18
Brakes 8/4
Diff 5,5,25
Downforce 15
Power 75.5
Ballast 62, position +5
Set your gears to suit.
You may have to tweak the weight or power settings slightly to fit the 111R, but it shouldn't be too far adrift - give it a try

Appreciate the information. I apologize for sending you the wrong tune.( it was for the 111R. Here is the tune for the Elise 11)

Attachments

• Elise 11specs.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 50
Appreciate the information. I apologize for sending you the wrong tune.( it was for the 111R. Here is the tune for the Elise 11)
I've used the same tune for both, other than power and weight settings, and it seems to work!

Thanks. I just cant get the 1:38+ mark. Perhaps you have some tips about driving the Autumn ring. I know I lose time at the chicane after the 270R.

Thanks. I just cant get the 1:38+ mark. Perhaps you have some tips about driving the Autumn ring. I know I lose time at the chicane after the 270R.
you should be able to go through this chicane flat out with a bit of training.
Oh and earlier in the thread, someone made a good post about driving tips for most of Autumn Ring's difficult corners.
That would require to read the thread before asking questions already answered...

Last edited:
Practice makes perfect - try the track offline, and work on improvements at each corner, rather than trying to improve the whole lap. There are plenty of hints and tips in this forum, so worth reading through it. Also, watch other cars during the race, or better still save a race and then replay in the winners car - this should help you see what lines they take, braking points etc. I found time like this by discovering that I had been braking where I didn't need to, or braking a lot earlier (or later sometimes) than the faster guys.

There's not a lot of braking needed at Autumn Ring. You can simply let off the throttle in most turns and roll through maintaining speed and pick up the throttle again in the center of the turn. The chicanes aren't very difficult to get through without any braking you just need to use the rumble strips.

Practice makes perfect - try the track offline, and work on improvements at each corner, rather than trying to improve the whole lap. There are plenty of hints and tips in this forum, so worth reading through it. Also, watch other cars during the race, or better still save a race and then replay in the winners car - this should help you see what lines they take, braking points etc. I found time like this by discovering that I had been braking where I didn't need to, or braking a lot earlier (or later sometimes) than the faster guys.
Excellent advice.

There's not a lot of braking needed at Autumn Ring. You can simply let off the throttle in most turns and roll through maintaining speed and pick up the throttle again in the center of the turn. The chicanes aren't very difficult to get through without any braking you just need to use the rumble strips.
Thanks for the advice.

So with massive amounts of boost brought about by having a jump start before the third light came on (whoops :embarrassed:) I managed a 1:32.418 in @gkgamer's Prius.

@bone_tone

Good to see you on track, if only for one race. The Spaniard in the vomit coloured Elise had been driving like that from the beginning, it's a pity he ruined it for everyone. I did try to give you room but I didn't expect you to be... assisted... off the apex. Hope to come across you again 👍

Roo
So with massive amounts of boost brought about by having a jump start before the third light came on (whoops :embarrassed:) I managed a 1:32.418 in @gkgamer's Prius.

@bone_tone

Good to see you on track, if only for one race. The Spaniard in the vomit coloured Elise had been driving like that from the beginning, it's a pity he ruined it for everyone. I did try to give you room but I didn't expect you to be... assisted... off the apex. Hope to come across you again 👍
That's the only problem with the VX220, it is prone to spin easily if touched at the rear, and that Spaniard wasn't being particularly helpul! Raleigh-Chopper and I did manage to contain him a bit later on - had a couple of occasions where he tried to ram me and gave himself a penalty.....

In the end I gave up and went to find another race.

Thanks for the advice.
Thank you all for the help. I can do the lap in 1:36+. I can beat most cars now expect for the fast elises'. My total time in one race for 4:59 but the elises' were 4:58 and 4:55.
There is only one place at still have a problem.The right turn before the left turn that goes on to the straight away. The front end washes out.

Thank you all for the help. I can do the lap in 1:36+. I can beat most cars now expect for the fast elises'. My total time in one race for 4:59 but the elises' were 4:58 and 4:55.
There is only one place at still have a problem.The right turn before the left turn that goes on to the straight away. The front end washes out.
Great news - well done. Try keeping left onto the kerb before the right hander, and then turn in to the corner a little earlier, clipping the kerb on the right - that can help keep the front end planted as you use a shallower steering input.

Great news - well done. Try keeping left onto the kerb before the right hander, and then turn in to the corner a little earlier, clipping the kerb on the right - that can help keep the front end planted as you use a shallower steering input.
Thanks much. I shall try that.

First time posting a tune. People are asking for different cars, here's one to try. Mitsubishi colt 1.5 sport x version '02
I have been getting 1.35 constantly and am not that good of a driver so good luck
95 100
2.19. 1.37
2. 5
3. 6
4. 4
0.0 0.0
-0.6 0.0
Brakes
5-7

Trans not sure how I got here I think max speed left first then final gear right then individual gears
Final

Lsd
5-10-15
All weight reductions
Add 30 at + 23
Power as you wish

Last edited:
So I just did this event in a randomly chosen Bluebird Hardtop.... That was so much fun! My fastest lap was aa 1:39.9 and I finished 2nd behind an Alfa!

Wow in race 2 I put on a transmission and just got into the 1:38's! And won the race. Boy that was fun!
image.jpeg

Race 3 was another win for the mighty Bluebird!
image.jpeg

Oh and everybody I saw was driving neatly so it just added to the awesomeness

Last edited:
Bone_Tone, have you tried shifting the ballast to tweak the entrance and exit steering balance? It makes a huge difference, as does ride height.

I haven't raced this one in a few weeks grew tired of it. The boost is discouraging and I had too many rough races in a row. At the same time the Formula QM started, so....

Bone_Tone, have you tried shifting the ballast to tweak the entrance and exit steering balance? It makes a huge difference, as does ride height.

I haven't raced this one in a few weeks grew tired of it. The boost is discouraging and I had too many rough races in a row. At the same time the Formula QM started, so....

Hi Wedjim, Can you please explain what you mean by " the boost is discouraging". Thanks

Hi Wedjim, Can you please explain what you mean by " the boost is discouraging". Thanks

The cars behind are always a bit faster. The simulator try's to keep everyone bunched up, making it hard to get clear. So basically I'd spend a lap trying to get past a car only to have it zoom up behind me dive to the inside and give me a penalty right after.

It basically benefits racers who use "penalty technique," to pass and not have to worry about actual racing. I've even had times where I passed the same car three times in one race.

Have shifted the ballast around, but this fairly neutral balance suits my driving style best - I'm winning 60% of the races I enter, so it seems to work! I'm still enjoying this QM, but you do have to pick your races, to avoid the rammers etc.

Has anybody else noticed that anybody whose PSN name includes 'Ram' or 'Dirty' generally lives up to their name?

Yep on the ram or dirty, also "masta", "crazy or krazzy" use of zz's in place of s's, and other I'm too cool for you names.

It is pretty frustrating when people just ram you from the side and you are the when that gets the penalty. Hopefully GT7 which fix this issue.

Yea your corner speed is something else especially the last corner if i can do 70 mph im doing well.
The VX220 does corner well - I'm usually at 74mph on entry to the last corner, hopefully 78 on the way out. It also pulls well up the hill after the loop corner, has more torque than lots of cars.

you should be able to go through this chicane flat out with a bit of training.
Oh and earlier in the thread, someone made a good post about driving tips for most of Autumn Ring's difficult corners.
That would require to read the thread before asking questions already answered...

Do you know where I might find the thread about the driving tips.

Back