350PP Autumn Ring Quick Match (normal car, comfort soft)

• Thread starter radix023
  • 247 comments
Haha.

Here is my VX220 setup:
97hp
902kg
47:53 weight distribution
147ft lbs torque

Ride height: 75/75
Springs: 6:14/8:12
Compression:3/3
Extension: 3/4
Roll bars: 5/5
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/.02

Brake balance: 6/4

Trans:

Final drive: 3.872

Diff: 7/18/16

Power:62.9%
Semi-racing exhaust
No oil change

Chassis rigidity improved

Max weight reduction
Ballast: 161kg
Position: -2

9.29kg/hp

Hope you like it. Lmk
Thanks for sharing - I tried these settings, but found it a bit tail happy for my liking, so I combined your power and weight settings with suspension settings from a Praiano tune and my own gears - created a Lotus (b)eater! It's still prone to a quick spin if tapped on the rear, but left to it's own devices it's very quick (still won't catch a GSX-R though.....).

It seems like every race that I join now has a GSX-R in it. I ran one race with it in the field and finished in second almost 10 seconds behind and I finished with a race time of 4:55.xxx. A properly tuned GSX-R will ruin the fun for everyone else.

It seems like every race that I join now has a GSX-R in it. I ran one race with it in the field and finished in second almost 10 seconds behind and I finished with a race time of 4:55.xxx. A properly tuned GSX-R will ruin the fun for everyone else.
Think I saw you in a QM earlier, and know the GSX-R you're referring to - I managed to finish second to him a number if times, but got the feeling that he could have gone faster. Interesting to see how many people tried to ram him off though! Trouble is, even with a couple of penalties it's still an easy win for the GSX-R........

the Prius G'09 is surprisingly fast.
I have a basic tune if anyone's interested. The Toyota Sera '92 is not bad as well.
I can manage good consistent results with both cars in spite of FWD allergy. So I guess some of the FF wizards in here may be able to do wonders with those...

btw, if the GSX you are talking about is a Greek guy, he sent me insults messages after I beat him... he's definitely not that fast of a GSX...

I have a basic tune if anyone's interested. The Toyota Sera '92 is not bad as well.
I can manage good consistent results with both cars in spite of FWD allergy. So I guess some of the FF wizards in here may be able to do wonders with those...

btw, if the GSX you are talking about is a Greek guy, he sent me insults messages after I beat him... he's definitely not that fast of a GSX...
Yes, that's the one..........

Seems to be a GSX in every race now, but they do seem to get bored of disappearing into the distance and winning, after all the idea of the game is supposed to be racing, and it's more fun in close proximity with (clean) other cars. I ended up in a great room last night with 5 Germans, and we had a whole string of great races - I felt a bit outnumbered as, in addition to the nationality, they were all in Elises and I was in the VX220! Occasional penalty, but they're difficult to avoid on this track, and none were intentional.

Yes, that's the one..........

Seems to be a GSX in every race now, but they do seem to get bored of disappearing into the distance and winning, after all the idea of the game is supposed to be racing, and it's more fun in close proximity with (clean) other cars. I ended up in a great room last night with 5 Germans, and we had a whole string of great races - I felt a bit outnumbered as, in addition to the nationality, they were all in Elises and I was in the VX220! Occasional penalty, but they're difficult to avoid on this track, and none were intentional.

All the lonely racing gets boring quite quickly indeed.

Have you got a tune for a Schwimmwagen, to match that guy in the pink one today?
This guy has been working on this tune for a while now. I have seen him struggling and spinning all around for a week or so. But yesterday was the first time I saw him being that fast! I will try to dig my old tune for a passed Madrid seasonal at 450 CS and see if I can adapt it to Autumn ring.
His pink oldie surely made me envious.

This guy has been working on this tune for a while now. I have seen him struggling and spinning all around for a week or so. But yesterday was the first time I saw him being that fast! I will try to dig my old tune for a passed Madrid seasonal at 450 CS and see if I can adapt it to Autumn ring.
His pink oldie surely made me envious.
He won every race after you left, but he wasn't the cleanest of drivers - I think there was only one race where he didn't either push me off, or give me a penalty!

Had a bizarre one yesterday, in a race of 2 cars which I won - I received messages of congratulations from other people, who appear to have been in the same race.........

Had a bizarre one yesterday, in a race of 2 cars which I won - I received messages of congratulations from other people, who appear to have been in the same race.........
I think there are "visibility" issues in QM as there are in other online lobbies. It seems like the people who join the QM after you can sometimes be invisible to you.

I think there are "visibility" issues in QM as there are in other online lobbies. It seems like the people who join the QM after you can sometimes be invisible to you.
Yes, you can also get races that you never seem to join - in a later one, I was still seeing the warm-up screen as the race started, but I could see that my car was on the grid. I managed to do a whole lap by following the position of my car on the map!

I have this strange theory that we arent actually racing real time, and the people we see on the screen aren't racing us at the exact same moment. The server is doing the racing. Hard to explain. I was racing 3 Elises and a GSX-R the other night. So I quit the race at the beginning of lap 1. In less than the 5 minutes it takes to complete the race, I am entered back into a race with exactly the same 4 folks that were in the race I quit plus 8 others. I understand that the other 8 could have been invisible, but do not understand how the 4 guys that should have still been racing are now entered in the new race with me. This isn't an anomaly, its happened at least 8 or 10 times.

There appear to be lots of anomalies! Had a race this afternoon where one Elise was lapping 3 seconds a lap faster than everybody else (and it wasn't a slow room), he caught me up and passed me like I was standing still - when I looked at the replay his speeds at various points on the circuit were identical to mine.

It happened again this evening, when 6 Elises that had been some way behind me, suddenly caught me up and went past as though I had my brakes on. The next race they were all back to normal speeds......

I've come to the conclusion that there are 3 main types of race room in this QM:-

Type 1 - all idiots or rookies, which makes for boring races, as you just leave them a long way behind every time

Type 2 - all very fast/clean/skilled, which can also produce a string of boring races, as everybody tends to finish in the position they started in (assuming all are in evenly matched cars)

Type 3 - primarily some good drivers with a few idiots/rookies thrown in, these tend to be the most unpredictable races, maybe the best type as things get stirred up a bit?

I have this strange theory that we arent actually racing real time, and the people we see on the screen aren't racing us at the exact same moment. The server is doing the racing. Hard to explain. I was racing 3 Elises and a GSX-R the other night. So I quit the race at the beginning of lap 1. In less than the 5 minutes it takes to complete the race, I am entered back into a race with exactly the same 4 folks that were in the race I quit plus 8 others. I understand that the other 8 could have been invisible, but do not understand how the 4 guys that should have still been racing are now entered in the new race with me. This isn't an anomaly, its happened at least 8 or 10 times.
Very odd - what I must admit that I also find odd is that, with 42,000 races available, you do very often quit a room (willingly or otherwise) only then to re-enter the same room. Also find that you come up against the same opponents day after day too. What I would also like to know is how many of those races are actually happening, given how many attempts it can take to get in some times. Took me 40 minutes to finally get into a race tonight!

Hi I would be interested in the Prius G'09 Tune. Thanks

Wow, I'm surprised at this. It needs to rotate better, but it's fast. Only issue I see so far is the Elises really hate being passed by it. Actually everyone does. The banging around it gets is pretty brutal. Thx for the tune!

I know it's been said far too many times... BUT!

Why do I get a penalty for being rammed. Each time I was ahead and on the inside, got rammed on my inside (the other driver was on the grass to do this) but I get penalised.

I also got rammed by the same person on a straight and no penalty seemed to be given to them.

This idiot seemed to be ramming everyone and not getting penalised... there must be a hack/cheat being exploited.

This idiot seemed to be ramming everyone and not getting penalised... there must be a hack/cheat being exploited.

Why do people keep saying "It must be hackers" as the reason to this games problems? Hacked cars are almost non-existant in GT6, it is just PD using some poor programming and/or not quality testing enough. Everybody is capable of giving and receiving penalties like this consistently, nothing to do with hacking or cheating.

Same as when people are pinballing around the track, or not moving from the start grid but apparently winning the race, it's again nothing to do with "hacks" or "cheats", it's simply poor connections/lag/packet loss between players and the servers.

Why do people keep saying "It must be hackers" as the reason to this games problems? Hacked cars are almost non-existant in GT6, it is just PD using some poor programming and/or not quality testing enough. Everybody is capable of giving and receiving penalties like this consistently, nothing to do with hacking or cheating.

Same as when people are pinballing around the track, or not moving from the start grid but apparently winning the race, it's again nothing to do with "hacks" or "cheats", it's simply poor connections/lag/packet loss between players and the servers.
Yes, sadly, you have to learn by experience in this QM - somebody on your inside is almost certain to give you a penalty, no mattter how 'illegally' they may be driving. Sadly too, some ram you consistently as they seem to think that it's the only way to win.......

Roo
Thank you for posting that. Driving a fast Prius is an absolute riot - using your tune I've been 1st or 2nd in almost every race I've driven this evening, keeping up with and beating all but the fastest Elises. It's a fantastic troll car. One like isn't enough!
Surprising and addictive ain't it? Glad you like it, thanks for the kind words. Keep on (t)rolling hybrid. :cheers:

Surprising and addictive ain't it? Glad you like it, thanks for the kind words. Keep on (t)rolling hybrid. :cheers:
I've given this a try too, only in testing, but definitely better than the tune I already had - that had a tendency to head for the hedgerow at every corner! Will probably brave a try in a race or two later.

Here is my '11 Lotus Elise tuned for the G27 wheel. It may not be the fastest but I've won a lot of races with this tune. I can manage a lap time average of 1:35 with a race time 4:55 to 5:00 minutes.

(Race)
Traction control - 0
ABS - 1

(Parts)
Aero Kit Type B
Special Wing type A
Color matched roof
Fully Adjustable Suspension
Race Brakes
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Fully Customizable Differential
Triple-Plate Clutch