Porsche Pulls Plug on EA Exclusivity Deal, Could Be Coming to More Racing Games in 2017

Project CARS 2:
1481242620293.jpg

The first non-EA game to include Porsche's rather than as expensive DLC? Maybe...

I suspect the car list for GT Sport is more or less decided, but at least some Porsche DLC is more likely that previously. I would love to see Porsches and Rufs in a game too, I enjoyed comparing them in Forza 4. Heck, why not invite 9ff to the party too? :)

I suspect the car list for GT Sport is more or less decided, but at least some Porsche DLC is more likely that previously. I would love to see Porsches and Rufs in a game too, I enjoyed comparing them in Forza 4. Heck, why not invite 9ff to the party too? :)

And of course Gemballa as well. Don't know what they make nowadays, but it would be pretty fun to thrash around and compare.

PD answer to the porsche question was usually in the line of "too expensive ". When ac showed up the PORSCHEs I knew something had changed.
I'm almost willing to bet that at least one porsche will be in GTS at launch.

Nfs Porsche Unleashed was such a good game...
Oopq wrong game, it was Porsche Challenge.
Both games were amazing! NFS Porsche was great for its damage, car list, and era progression in career mode, though personally Porsche Challenge was my favourite, as it was my first racing game. It would be epic to see a proper 986 Boxster in a Gran Turismo game.

I wonder if Porsche really only decided to break it off this year, or if they ended up riding out the contract for a while.

The paragraph after the one quoted in the GTP article points out something that must have contributed to the decision:
SpeedManiacs
Addressing the situation with sportscar manufacturer RUF, which uses revised Porsche chassis, Hornung admitted that they had not expected the brand to become so popular. Even more unpleasant is the fact that RUF doesn't build any racecars, yet many games offer a virtual racecar based on a RUF counterpart to the 911 GT3. [Hornung] stressed that this is simply "no real Porsche."

Thank iRacing and Project CARS for pushing Porsche's buttons. :)

This is amazing news, and gives me hope that we can finally (officially) see Porsche in Gran Turismo, and also in Forza on day one. The brand's arrival in Assetto Corsa really was the telltale sign of times to come, after all...

It's a christmas miracle!!! :gtpflag::gtpflag:. Now, I know this is a fanart, but now someone has to send this to PD (you are free now), and make it one of the two Porsche's Gr.1 weapons for GT sport (the other one is the 919 obviously)!!

Heh, that'd be a cruel irony: the most-demanded marque finally comes to Gran Turismo, not with the illustrious lineup people have been begging for, but another Wipeout-aping, digital willy-waver formed from "technology that hasn't been invented yet".

Heh, that'd be a cruel irony: the most-demanded marque finally comes to Gran Turismo, not with the illustrious lineup people have been begging for, but another Wipeout-aping, digital willy-waver formed from "technology that hasn't been invented yet".
Both can be hybrids, you know?? :P

Back