Porsche Pulls Plug on EA Exclusivity Deal, Could Be Coming to More Racing Games in 2017

Why should it be free?

Because people have paid for the last three expansions on the basis that the sub license cost a very large sum, and that was fine. Now, with a direct license and the first three entries featuring Porsche in the vanilla game, charging for assets paid for already doesn't add up.

So we say say goodbye to the Yellow Bird? :confused: I think we won't see a game with Porsche AND Ruf given the tone of rhe interview.
But Porsche and Ruf are in Assetto Corsa so it isn't a problem.

I think what was meant was that Porsche didn't anticipate how popular Ruf would become, and in addition to that, certain games were adding Ruf race cars that don't exist to replace the not available Porsche.

As for Gran Turismo, let's never forget about this hidden thing (yes I know this is mentioned in the article):

GT3-_996_gt3.png

;)
Was it' possible to use or drive in game?

The possibilities are endless. How many historic Porsche road and race cars have not been in (good) videogames? I can think of a few.

Race: 934, GT2 Evo, 904 Carrera GTS, 917K ('70-71), 908/4, 936, 956, 550 RSK...
Road: 2.8 RSR, 993 Turbo, 964 & 993 Carrera RS, Any gen Carrera, 996 GT2...

Not counting the 550 Spyder, the 356, the original 911 Targa, the 993 GT2, the 911 GT1 both race car and Strassenversion... The possibilities are truly endless.

I was pretty disappointed that there were no 993's in the AC Porsche packs. I mean I get it, but still.

I don't think it will be long before Porsche's presence in racing games is to where it should have been. It still baffles me how such a ridiculous thing could have ever happened.

I strongly doubt Sony/PD would delay a game from the lucrative Holiday period just to include any car marque on the disk.

It could be a handy side effect which allows them to include some but there is no way it was a specific reason. If they could've launched it in November without Porsche, they absolutely would have.

For GT Sport it's kinda far-fetched, but I'm sure we'll get a very appetizing Porsche lineup whenever 7 decides to come to us. I don't expect PD to be able to work with the Porsches in less than a year for Sport with the deadline SCE has for them.

I was meaning that you were late to this thread. You made it clear that you said it first in another thread.

I wasn't late I just didn't bother because the other thread said the same thing this thread did, but sooner, this thread just made it official. I put it in place to signify I was glad I called it.

There's nothing to call, since there's been no official reason for the delay.

Who gave an official reason for the delay? I'm pretty sure me and Sanji were making comment on the official news about Porsche and EA deal ending. The other thread gave an interview showing the end of the deal, thus still a rumor not fully official, this thread on the other hand makes it official. That was what was being commented on, the quote I used to do it is a joke on the official news and how some will go to great lengths to justify things that are slightly related.

Who gave an official reason for the delay? I'm pretty sure me and Sanji were making comment on the official news about Porsche and EA deal ending. The other thread gave an interview showing the end of the deal, thus still a rumor not fully official, this thread on the other hand makes it official. That was what was being commented on, the quote I used to do it is a joke on the official news and how some will go to great lengths to justify things that are slightly related.

Us writing an article on the interview doesn't make the news any more official. It came from a Porsche employee, that's about as official as it gets. Our article just put a spotlight on it for those that don't speak German.

Heh, we shouldn't give people ideas. There are already those out there that believe it was delayed because Polyphony was thrown a curveball by the "surprise" of the PS4 Pro. Or VR. Or just about anything, really!

Us writing an article on the interview doesn't make the news any more official. It came from a Porsche employee, that's about as official as it gets. Our article just put a spotlight on it for those that don't speak German.

So the same news that was first detailed in the other thread, good to know 👍

Heh, we shouldn't give people ideas. There are already those out there that believe it was delayed because Polyphony was thrown a curveball by the "surprise" of the PS4 Pro. Or VR. Or just about anything, really!

It's a joke and worded as one, I agree that people will clearly misconceive it but I'd hope not when it's that obvious.

VXR
Because people have paid for the last three expansions on the basis that the sub license cost a very large sum, and that was fine. Now, with a direct license and the first three entries featuring Porsche in the vanilla game, charging for assets paid for already doesn't add up.

I think the Horizon 3 Porsche expansion would have been agreed and signed well before this announcement. Forza 7 will be a different story.

It's a joke and worded as one, I agree that people will clearly misconceive it but I'd hope not when it's that obvious.

All the more reason I believe Comic Sans should be the official joke/sarcasm font of the interwebs.

I think the Horizon 3 Porsche expansion would have been agreed and signed well before this announcement. Forza 7 will be a different story.

Yeah, I can't say I'd be surprised if the second expansion is Porsche, and it is indeed paid. It would've been sorted out before the expiration.

That said, if it's largely recycled content, then I'll probably pass on it.

All the more reason I believe Comic Sans should be the official joke/sarcasm font of the interwebs.

Yeah, I can't say I'd be surprised if the second expansion is Porsche, and it is indeed paid. It would've been sorted out before the expiration.

That said, if it's largely recycled content, then I'll probably pass on it.

The leak of the 991 Turbo S is what concerns me too, with having deep suspicions that it'll be carryover content again.

Latest Posts

Back