Porsche Pulls Plug on EA Exclusivity Deal, Could Be Coming to More Racing Games in 2017

Well, I'm going to watch this situation with interest more than expectation. This news is all to soon for a GT Sport release. Still good news all the same.

This is amazing news, and gives me hope that we can finally (officially) see Porsche in Gran Turismo, and also in Forza on day one. The brand's arrival in Assetto Corsa really was the telltale sign of times to come, after all...

Exactly - I can't wait to see some Porsche models in GT. P.S. I really like your avatar of lego Top Gear! 👍

My reaction to the headline: Say whaaaaaaaaat!? :confused:

Both games were amazing! NFS Porsche was great for its damage, car list, and era progression in career mode, though personally Porsche Challenge was my favourite, as it was my first racing game. It would be epic to see a proper 986 Boxster in a Gran Turismo game.

I used to play that game to death haha...
'HEYYYY....MY BOXSTERRRRR'...............loved it and if you completed it you got a faster black boxster....topped out at 250 instead of 235.

Picture this: New Year's Day 2017. New GT Sport trailer drops. Blue PlayStation logo screen and tone. White "Sony Computer Entertainment" and "Polyphony Digital" lettering and logos on black background. Fade in on shot of foggy, empty race track. Grizzled, gravelly voiced narrator intones, "From the beginning...their's was a legend that was out of reach..." Quick succession of quick cuts of black & white and color footage and howling engines. "In A.D. two-thousand and seventeen...the legend joins our family." Porsche 919 Hybrid blasts through the mist, V4 and electric motors screaming. Cut to montage of in-engine footage of 919 Hybrid, 918 Spyder, 911 GT3 R, 718 Cayman S, Group 4 spec Cayman GT4, 991 Turbo Group B Rally Car, and 911 R tearing up the tracks.

Narrator voice booms: "Welcome, Porsche, to Gran Turismo Sport!"

Screen goes black again and music fades out...suddenly a strange sounding engine snaps to life, and a pair of unfamiliar headlights illuminate...*

Huge gong sounds abruptly as screen flashes back to black, save for a definitive(?) GTS release date. Boo, and indeed, yah.

*Yes, that's a Porsche Vision GT tease.

VXR
All I can say is, the Porsche pack for Horizon 3 better be free and not paid, because that really would take the mick.

Don't get your hopes up, everything with T10 and PG is $$$, would love it if it was though, that would be great

This is awesome news. I really can't wait to see what all these racing games can do with Porsche now at their disposal. AC's list of Porsche's is incredible and I hope Turn 10 and other games follow suit by including Porsche at launch in a racing game for the first time since Forza 3 (Sans EA games). If this tweet is anything to go by (probably not), the T10 team has probably already been in talks about the expiration & future for Porsche in their games for months

VXR
All I can say is, the Porsche pack for Horizon 3 better be free and not paid, because that really would take the mick.

Why should it be free?

Does this mean GT finally has a chance to get Porsche? Or better yet: if it becomes true; then how long? In the meantime, I hope Forza 7 has them from day-one. I'm kinda tired (not really) of buying the Porsche expansion over and over.

I hope Kaz was sitting by the computer all night, waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight, and snatch the Porsche licence before anyone else gets their crummy little hands on the licence.

I hope Kaz was sitting by the computer all night, waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight, and snatch the Porsche licence before anyone else gets their crummy little hands on the licence.

I hope not. Like I'd be pleased if PD got their hands on the license, but I don't want them to be dicks and hold the license for themselves. I would like to see some Porsches in Forza that don't require $30 extra to have them.

I certainly hope not. If Polyphony — or any other developer — brokers another exclusive deal with Porsche, then it'll be no better than EA.

I'm still in disbelief that this happened, this means that the next FM title can have Porsche models at launch if they wanted to.

I hope not. Like I'd be pleased if PD got their hands on the license, but I don't want them to be dicks and hold the license for themselves. I would like to see some Porsches in Forza that don't require $30 extra to have them.
Seeing as how there are soon to be a couple of dozen Porsche's in Assetto Corsa, I'd say exclusivity is probably off the table.

FINALLY!!! 🤬 FINALLY!!!!!

I like this bit:

“According to Sebastian they were also always following what was going on in the gaming industry aside from EA. The license with EA runs out this year, because together they arrived at the realization that the current situation was not desirable anymore.”

Didn't Porsche renew the exclusivity contract a few years ago? They must have regretted the decision by now.

That would just be like EA all over again. No more 🤬 moves, please.

If anything, instead of snatching the license at 12 midnight, he would immediately send a team of programmers and modellers over to Porsche and scan their cars. They had better not spare any expenses programming those in GT Sport, if it would ever come to the game.

Last edited:
Gotta start looking outside the GT tunnel. Someone else already has their crummy little hands on it.

Or alternatively, we see Princess Peach in a miniature pink Boxster racing Mario in a miniature red 991 GT3RS in the unveiling of the next Mario Kart.
Everybody's jumping on the Porsche train!

Yes, but slightly less cheesy. Think how many kids would want miniature cartoon Porsches to go along with the Nintendo characters!

I would say this is one of the reasons GT has been pushed back, they follow all the sim news and new this was coming month ago and have already scanned the cars and are ready to go, and even if they don't have the official info from Porsche, I'm sure they have driven AC and could match it without a problem.

Latest Posts

Back