35mm's Snapshots

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
Well, I normally don't put much thinking into my photos (like having an idea beforehand or taking multiple shots of the same subject - let alone staging things), and that's why I don't mind calling them "snapshots".
Having said that, I hope no one's not coming here because of that. :dopey:

I appreciate the input. Thank you. 👍

Here's another one, a bit different from the previous and more candid-like:

I'm a sucker for these:

By the way, for those of you who are into computers (and photography, obviously) maybe you could help me out on building a new PC here. Thanks.

Nothing fancy here; I think it's the light and colours that make me like this one:

^ They were restoring the building's facade.

And yes, timing's the only thing that pic is about. :D

These are all amazing. And I thought your from the bus set was stunning as well. Still don't know how everything comes up so sharp for you. What lens do you use again?

And I thought your from the bus set was stunning as well.
Thanks for the patience of going through all of those. Not easy. ;)

Still don't know how everything comes up so sharp for you. What lens do you use again?
99% of the NY shots were with a Sigma 10-20mm F/3.5 (borrowed, not mine).

Yeah nice shots 👍 really like those street shots.

What is up with dolphins?? They rape people?? :lol:

^ Good question: if you google it, you'll see that there's a whole website behind that. But I didn't look much into it.

Anyway, a couple of billboard shots. Literally.

Oh, I definitely agree. And NY buildings were plastered with Dark Knight posters when I was there (beginning of July). It gave the city an extra cool mood, especially at night. 👍

you was there start of july?
so was i, and have a shot of a huge dark night poster, see if i can find it

^ That was the view from the hotel room we stayed in, by the way.

Back to street/candid stuff:

This one tells a lot. Others have a somewhat random subject or the composition is a bit erratic, but this is briliant, the horizontal vantage point is perfectly drawn (ok not perfectkly but it is immediately perceived), and the guy walking towards it makes the entire photo. If the guy wasn't there it would be a good picture, but the dude does the photo. Nice timing.

Latest Posts

Back