35mm's Snapshots

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
The first thing that popped into my head upon seeing the image in post #1326 was the album cover for 'Wish You Were Here' but after looking it up it's definitely different yet with a similar feel. Maybe there's another album cover that has a similar look, it just looks so familiar Awesome shot. 👍

Proof that I have no clue of what I'm doing: I was this close to not even posting #1326 and at the same time I never had a doubt in my mind about posting #1328 (which, so far, is proving to be one of my most unpopular images ever). :lol:

Anyway,

Sony A7 | Voigtländer Nokton 40mm f/1.4

The last few have been appealing to me, especially the last one - lovely shadows (but is is me or is focus ever so slightly out?)

Regardless, interesting image 👍

The last few have been appealing to me, especially the last one - lovely shadows (but is is me or is focus ever so slightly out?)

Regardless, interesting image 👍
Unfortunately, it is out-of-focus, yes. It was a very quick p&s moment.

These were all taken in the same afternoon, starting at #1335. It was a very nice day to walk around downtown Lisbon. Thanks. 👍

Mmm, trade-off isn't it. Zone focus and forgo bokeh, or keep DOF small but be quick on the draw with focusing. Tbh, the soft focus on those two guys kind of adds to the image, for me, anyway.

The more I see these 40mm shots, the more I think its a perfect walk around length. Curious how sharp it is in the corners when stopped a bit for scenic and landscape work.

The more I see these 40mm shots, the more I think its a perfect walk around length. Curious how sharp it is in the corners when stopped a bit for scenic and landscape work.
I'll try to get you a full-res shot at f/8 or so, with details in all corners.

But in advance, I can already say that there is a bit of smearing present, at the extreme corners.

Back