35mm's Snapshots

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
I'll try to get you a full-res shot at f/8 or so, with details in all corners.

But in advance, I can already say that there is a bit of smearing present, at the extreme corners.

I can probably work with that... and I'm content cropping down a touch when needed as I'm use to making large prints from slightly smaller files.

Recently started using it in viewfinder only mode, as I realized the viewfinder stays off till it is brought to your eye so that should help with the battery. Also reduces chimping and people seem to think its film even more often if the back screen is never on. Only feel a bit like a dork when I'm trying to change a setting via the viewfinder :lol:

I can probably work with that... and I'm content cropping down a touch when needed as I'm use to making large prints from slightly smaller files.

Recently started using it in viewfinder only mode, as I realized the viewfinder stays off till it is brought to your eye so that should help with the battery. Also reduces chimping and people seem to think its film even more often if the back screen is never on. Only feel a bit like a dork when I'm trying to change a setting via the viewfinder :lol:
I also tried using EVF only once, but didn't get me anywhere. 80% of my total A7 shots are baby photos, taken from all kinds of weird angles. And I very much welcome the tiltable LCD.

Also, see your inbox.

Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 20mm f/3.5
Sorry for the barrage of likes - it's been far too long since I've visited this thread and I'm still getting blown away by your shots!

Chose to comment on this one however as I stayed in that hotel recently :D One of the nicest I've visited, for sure.

Sorry for the barrage of likes - it's been far too long since I've visited this thread and I'm still getting blown away by your shots!
Thank you! No need to apologize. :D
Chose to comment on this one however as I stayed in that hotel recently :D One of the nicest I've visited, for sure.
Oh, that's great!

It is said to be a very nice hotel, indeed. And I can only imagine the view from up there... 👍

Your photos are just.. They create an odd feeling.

It's an odd sense of realism. Now, try not to take offense, but you take photos of things I don't even bother taking photos of when I'm out and about. That's what makes your photos so interesting. Your composition and post processing effects can take the most mundane subjects and make them have meaning and a type of intimacy that is just untouchable.

👍

Your photos are just.. They create an odd feeling.

It's an odd sense of realism. Now, try not to take offense, but you take photos of things I don't even bother taking photos of when I'm out and about. That's what makes your photos so interesting. Your composition and post processing effects can take the most mundane subjects and make them have meaning and a type of intimacy that is just untouchable.

👍
Offense? None taken, of course.

On the contrary, actually. I'm much aware of the mundane nature of my photos. Saying that they're interesting and meaningful is all good news for me.

Thank you for the words. 👍

Simple yet awesome 👍
Thank you. 👍

I like taking photos of food, especially in restaurants. Unfortunately, the looks I get from other people and waiters always makes me feel silly for doing it. And that prevents me from taking more of them.

How do you get such rich shadows in your shots? I know it's nothing too crazy, but I'm just wondering.
I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but I adjust the usual "Shadows" and "Blacks" settings on Lr. I normally aim for blacks to be "deep", but at the same time always retaining some detail.

Back