GT Sport Gameplay: Porsche 911 GT3 RS at Willow Springs

A shame that the guys recording this cant drive
You beat me to it...

Can't wait to drive the GT3 RS myself!
Username checks out.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Brendan Rorrison (@Brend) on October 4th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
I honestly can't wait to nab a PS4 for myself just for this game.

I like the graphics tone overhaul, getting towards more photo-realism in game, it's the top feature I hoped for in early GT"7" discussions, years ago.

The sounds are to be expected, not at all disappointed, or shocked rather.

Dear PD and other sim developers, the car chase angle should be prohibited while driving. it's far more dangerous than Drinking and Driving IMHO.

looking forward to OCT 17th, though I may be more patient and wait for a couple of updates, and dig down only sometime in November.

At least they listened to somebody, and removed that ridiculous flyover bridge on the start-finish straight, that was in the Beta.
Now, the balloons. There are no balloons at Willow Springs.

And yet...
- still the same launch starts
- still the same the teleport back to track
- still the same AI that seem to slow down to wait for the player

:crazy::crazy::crazy: Real driving simulator :banghead: it's time to stop being stubborn, PD...

Excuse me but whaat?

It's silly to complain about balloons at Willow Springs because "there are no balloons at Willow Springs". @bokimoto isn't at Willow Springs either, so then he shouldn't be able to go there in the game.

And just for the record, there are hot air balloons in California, so it's perfectly plausible to have them in the sky over Willow Springs.

balloons-2387922_960_720.jpg

Oh goody, gameplay footage from yet another car we've known about for months! It's like when the announcement came that we'd see Porsche in GT for the 1st time ever, everyone was so excited that some must have fainted with joy.
In the next weeks and months we're thinking "Ok great, we have a 911 GT3 RS (991)" and we keep seeing that over and over again. When the 911 RSR came along, there were fireworks for days. So, a car list comprising of 2 Porsches. Thanks PD, you really shouldn't have (been so generous I mean)

And yet...
- still the same launch starts
- still the same the teleport back to track
- still the same AI that seem to slow down to wait for the player

:crazy::crazy::crazy: Real driving simulator :banghead: it's time to stop being stubborn, PD...

Is it PD being stubborn, or you? All we're seeing right now are short clips of demos, who knows what options we'll have in the final game. At least wait untill we get to try the downloadable demo in a few days before judging.

As for your 3 points.
- We saw in the beta that there's also standing starts so I wouldn't worry about these rolling starts being the only option, especially with the custom race mode that we're getting.
- Only happens on lower difficulty, probably not on professional difficulty. Was the same in the beta, though not with difficulty but driver rating since we could only test online. I'm sure it'll work the same way in arcade with the professional difficulty. Only when you attempted to cut the track you would still get teleported in the beta, which I do hope they'll change to a penalty instead.
- Same as above, AI will act very different on higher difficulty as we've seen in some video's already. I don't know how you can judge AI from these videos where professional difficulty isn't even being used.

But overall.. just wait untill you get to play it yourself, judge after playing the demo on highest difficulty. And even then there could still be some changes between the demo and final version of the game.

Since the GT6 I expected a game with replays of this level, and I've played 4 PS4 games and none of them told me anything.
Welcome back GT to high level games.

It's silly to complain about balloons at Willow Springs because "there are no balloons at Willow Springs". @bokimoto isn't at Willow Springs either, so then he shouldn't be able to go there in the game.

And just for the record, there are hot air balloons in California, so it's perfectly plausible to have them in the sky over Willow Springs.

balloons-2387922_960_720.jpg
First of all, Nice picture.

Second of all, as silly as it may be you cannot compare the balloon with @bokimoto. As he has nothing to do with the design ideas of the game recreation of the real life track. (He is just a simple human being or an alien :lol:).

Jokes aside..it is simply his personal preference and what he qualifies as being "realistic".

For me personally the balloons are not a problem, but for some people who likes to look into every detail (like literally everything) it will annoy the living 🤬 out of them seeing it every time floating in the sky.

I think it would be nice to have variations in it, one without the balloons and one with. Cause then you will have people complaining of how lifeless and dead the track is (although sometimes I prefer to race in a track like that).

Is it PD being stubborn, or you? All we're seeing right now are short clips of demos, who knows what options we'll have in the final game. At least wait untill we get to try the downloadable demo in a few days before judging.

As for your 3 points.
- We saw in the beta that there's also standing starts so I wouldn't worry about these rolling starts being the only option, especially with the custom race mode that we're getting.
- Only happens on lower difficulty, probably not on professional difficulty. Was the same in the beta, though not with difficulty but driver rating since we could only test online. I'm sure it'll work the same way in arcade with the professional difficulty. Only when you attempted to cut the track you would still get teleported in the beta, which I do hope they'll change to a penalty instead.
- Same as above, AI will act very different on higher difficulty as we've seen in some video's already. I don't know how you can judge AI from these videos where professional difficulty isn't even being used.

But overall.. just wait untill you get to play it yourself, judge after playing the demo on highest difficulty. And even then there could still be some changes between the demo and final version of the game.
Glad to hear that, then. I did not participate in the beta, so I didn't know.

There is no you at Willow Springs either, yet you can go there in the game. That's so unrealistic.
I've driven Willow Springs many times.

i-FmFvvTH-XL.jpg

.... and balloons steer clear of this particular area, because the winds are ripping almost always, and they're unpredictable. Those hills would be littered with shredded nylon & wicker, and little white crosses.

Last edited:
...and balloons steer clear of this particular area, because the winds are ripping almost always, and they're unpredictable. Those hills would be littered with shredded nylon & wicker, and little white crosses.

If you hate fun and would rather not have interesting details and scenery in your tracks, you can always boot up the console version of Assetto Corsa to stare at those barren wastelands.

*cue tumbleweed*

DdIXAoX.jpg

(don't get angry at that photo, it's from a PC mod. I just thought it was funny.)

If you hate fun and would rather not have interesting details and scenery in your tracks, you can always boot up the console version of Assetto Corsa to stare at those barren wastelands.

*cue tumbleweed*

View attachment 677296

(don't get angry at that photo, it's from a PC mod. I just thought it was funny.)
Not sure anyone thinks it's funny to so grossly misrepresent a game even for lulz.

Not sure anyone thinks it's funny to so grossly misrepresent a game even for lulz.

Even on PS4, there's a suitably barren wasteland to enjoy.

If unrealistic balloons at Willow Springs decrease your desert wind sim value, then Assetto Corsa has you covered on all platforms.

Last edited:
Even on PS4, there's a suitably barren wasteland to enjoy.

If unrealistic balloons at Willow Springs decrease your desert wind sim value, then Assetto Corsa has you covered on all platforms.
Thought this was the GT Sport Porsche Gameplay Thread, not the Bash other Games Thread.
Vs. threads are that way>>>

....Well, that was some driving there. Even Shuhei seemed embarrassed by this guy's lack of driving ability. Gee whiz.

What I've seen so far, I kind of like it. Reminds me of classic GTs, regardless of all these PR puff about new beginnings and all that.

Thought this was the GT Sport Porsche Gameplay Thread, not the Bash other Games Thread.
Vs. threads are that way>>>

I don't remember mindlessly bashing Assetto Corsa, I just said that if the guy doesn't want unrealistic hot air balloons, he can go play a different game with similar tracks that feature much less in the way of interesting set pieces.

Latest Posts

Back