Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack DLC to Include Laguna Seca, Alfa Romeo Giulia, & More

Yes Assetto, bring it on, bring it on because, as expected, Project Cars 2 was a huge disappointment.
Good stuff!
I can't wait to finally have a laser-scanned Laguna Seca in Assetto Corsa. As an unashamed Lamborghini fanboy, I know I'll love the Huracan Performante. I just hope it's fun to drive. Sadly, I don't give my Aventador SV nearly as much time as I thought I would. Maybe it's just too much car for me? :boggled:

@breyzipp I respect your opinion...I know you're a supporter of pretty much all worthwhile sims - not a biased fanboy of any - what has been your impression of PCars 2 now that everyone's had a chance to try multiple cars, car classes, tracks, car setups, etc? I see @Schmiggz isn't happy with it, but I chat with many people on Race Department who are very pleased with PCars 2...so, what's your take? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Oh lord. Can't wait for Laguna Seca! I've driven it in real life. Now we just need a proper 11' to 14' Subaru WRX/STI hatchback.

season pass that dont include all DLC , DLC free... I'm completely lost . whatever ...18/10 , problems solved

Ahhhh, finally, Laguna Seca. I really hope they can get the content releases synced up for this one. Looking forward to some surprises too..

Awesome news and a great link to that video with Lord Kunos.

Assetto Corsa is now my go-to game after the disaster of FM7 and the complete rubbish quality that SMS produces. The physics, the handling, the audio- second to none on console. I look forward to getting my hands on everything they produce, both DLC and free.

Le Mans, Road America and Watkins Glen are all that is missing between us and gaming heaven. Here is hoping.

@breyzipp I respect your opinion...I know you're a supporter of pretty much all worthwhile sims - not a biased fanboy of any - what has been your impression of PCars 2 now that everyone's had a chance to try multiple cars, car classes, tracks, car setups, etc? I see @Schmiggz isn't happy with it, but I chat with many people on Race Department who are very pleased with PCars 2...so, what's your take? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Hey Alb! For me personally I absolutely love the concept of PCARS 2 and I think it's by far the best of the 3 big racing titles coming out this fall. The entire racing weekend thing (practice, qualifying, formation lap, racing, cooldown lap, manual pitstops with animated pit crews), the full dynamic weather and time of day and it's effect on the track with livetrack 3.0 and the realistic racing driver singleplayer career mode have me hooked, there isn't any other game on consoles that even comes near the depth of what PCARS 2 offers in those aspects IMO. Not to mention the 60 different locations (including historic ones and rallycross) and nearly 200 cars of which some are some true gems I haven't seen in any other racing game before (Panoz Esperante GTR1, Porsche 936, Nissan KDR30 Super Silhouette, Jaguar E-Type V12 Group44 just to name a few). I already had one of my most memorable singleplayer races ever in PCARS 2 which you can read about here if you like : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...h-buying-for&p=1362999&viewfull=1#post1362999

Unfortunately the sheer depth of PCARS 2 means there are also quite a lot of bugs. The most annoying one for me is the fluctuating AI difficulty, especially on races with cold tires. It became so frustrating that I decided to stop playing career for now and wait for a few patches to have it fixed (the devs are aware of it). Meanwhile I rushed through the Forza 7 campaign and I've been farming XP/credits with that Ram Runner to the point I almost have all the cars in the game in my garage, so much for a healthy economy duh. But it's convenient, by the time I'm "done" with Forza 7 the first PCARS 2 patch will probably drop and I can pick up my career racing again. Then yesterday I tried the GT:Sport 4-day beta/demo and I was quite pleased with it. It has that familiar GT feeling of GT5/GT6 (feels like ages ago!) and the game feels very polished. I'm not so sure about the racing itself yet, I need some more testing with that but so far I really dig how it is all wrapped up with the dealership background info, some embedded YouTube videos, all the different scapes (there are 1000+) and an overal very slick feeling.

It's a great time for racing fans on consoles though, we now have all this :

- Project CARS 2 / Assetto Corsa for the best sim racing you can have on the consoles.
- Dirt Rally / F1 2016 / 2017 for some great offroad / single seater racing.
- Dirt 4 got a lot of flak but I absolutely enjoyed that game as well, I think it's better than Dirt Rally on a controller.
- Then there is WRC7 as well which looks really great from what I've seen but I don't have the time to play it yet.
- GT:Sport for that old GT feeling and those scapes are really something special.
- Forza Horizon 3 IMO is still the best arcade/fun game out there, might get some competition from The Crew 2 or the new NFS game.
- Forza 7 I don't know, feels like same old same thing all over again, the 700 cars aren't even that impressive since I played almost all of them previously. With the friction assist, the 300+ ragdolls including chefs, mummies, astronauts etc I can't help but feel that this game is more and more aimed towards young kids. The way it stands now this is for sure my final game of the series (will still get new Horizon games though).

(the ones in bold are the games I own, GT:Sport I'm still doubting if I should get it as well or not)

HDR is absolutely worth it as well on the games I played on my PS4 Pro (Horizon Zero Dawn, Project CARS 2, GT:Sport beta/demo). Can't wait to get my XBox One X and see how Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 look on it.

Last edited:
Getting this DLC to all three platforms simultaneously sounds like it will be intentionally held back for PC players. It only makes sense if they're planning to release it as a present for the December holidays.

The physics, the handling, the audio- second to none on console.
My feelings as well. AC is, for me, the #1 benchmark for any other racing game out there and all the ones coming out in the future. Such a great product, despite its flaws and limits.
On a side note, It's refreshing to see developers putting the community before money and releasing stuff like this for free, especially if we consider the efforts and the resources cars and tracks require. Chapeau, Kunos.

PS: Just a minor correction, @Terronium-12 : Stefano's surname is Casillo, not Castillo :)

Awesome news! Has anyone heard if the Veneno, Asterion, Aventador, and Gallardo GT3 are still coming to AC? Or do the bonus Lambos and previous ones take their place?
Assertion was cancelled by Lamborghini and this Kunos. Gallardo GT3 was replaced with the Huracan GT3 (similar to what seams to be happening with the M6 GT3). We received the SV instead of the standard Aventador, whilst the Veneno I have no idea but I'm confident we won't be getting it and the others were chosen instead. I'm happy about that.

I can't wait to finally have a laser-scanned Laguna Seca in Assetto Corsa. As an unashamed Lamborghini fanboy, I know I'll love the Huracan Performante. I just hope it's fun to drive. Sadly, I don't give my Aventador SV nearly as much time as I thought I would. Maybe it's just too much car for me? :boggled:

Same old, same old. The physics are absolutely arcade.
Beautiful graphics, beautiful cars and tracks but the simulation engine is a joke and the driving feel is worst than Granturismo 6!

Same old, same old. The physics are absolutely arcade.
Beautiful graphics, beautiful cars and tracks but the simulation engine is a joke and the driving feel is worst than Granturismo 6!

We'll have to beg to differ. For me Project Cars 2 has the best physics, tyre model and FFB of anything out there on PC or console. Some of the cars need balancing and obviously there are some bugs that need fixing too. However, at release it's hugely more playable than AC was this time last year.

For me Assetto Corsa is also great and has improved greatly in the last year especially the AI and the sounds of the newer cars. However it doesn't get the driving right at and over the limit.

My wheel is a T300RS I don't know if you use something different but that might make a difference. If you genuinely feel the driving of Project Cars 2 (and 1) is worse than Gran Turismo 6 then it is worth spending a bit of time tweaking the wheel and trying some different cars.

We'll have to beg to differ. For me Project Cars 2 has the best physics, tyre model and FFB of anything out there on PC or console. Some of the cars need balancing and obviously there are some bugs that need fixing too. However, at release it's hugely more playable than AC was this time last year.

For me Assetto Corsa is also great and has improved greatly in the last year especially the AI and the sounds of the newer cars. However it doesn't get the driving right at and over the limit.

My wheel is a T300RS I don't know if you use something different but that might make a difference. If you genuinely feel the driving of Project Cars 2 (and 1) is worse than Gran Turismo 6 then it is worth spending a bit of time tweaking the wheel and trying some different cars.
John, maybe my ffb set up is not good yet. If you have a nice one please share.

Can't wait to try laser scanner Laguna Seca and all the new cars in particolar the Alfa ones

I feel this could be one of the last DLCs Kunos will add to AC before they move to AC2 so i'm glad they realease it for free

Back