Codemasters Reveals Off-Road Racer ONRUSH

I'm not saying no to this game, as it has some motorstorm vibe in it. But I was hoping for an simcade racing game like Driveclub. :(

What do you think @torque99 @doblocruiser

Huge letdown! I had high hopes but this turned me completely off 👎

Some kids racer is the first that came to mind. I'll keep following its progress though.

I can't see how this can in anyway match the greatness of driveclub.

Not sure if this title is going to do them any good.

Last edited:
I was hoping for something like Driveclub but until we see gameplay I'll hold out hope....

It's amazing to see the reactions on ResetERA compared to on here.

I'll wait and see. I'm not sold on GRAVEL in the slightest considering it is still made by Milestone and more often then not, they're good ideas but painfully obvious they are operating on a shoe string budget and inability to build said good ideas into good games. Nor am I sold on this either. Could be another DiRT Showdown scenario.

The colour scheme doesn't appeal to me at all. If it was more like Motorstorm 1/2 I would be hyped for it, but unfortunately from the trailer it looks a bit childish. Gravel seems more appealing to me.

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/10/onrush-racing-game-from-codemasters-get-ready-for-the-rush/

ONRUSH_PGW17_09.jpg

ONRUSH_PGW17_06.jpg

Spiritual successor to Motorstorm, makes me wish I had a PS4. GRAVEL doesn't look to exciting or that fun so, for a PS4 exclusive, this is pretty hype. Codies better not screw it u´p - DiRT 4 for some people was alright, DiRT Rally remains one of their best somewhat recent games for now.

Spiritual successor to Motorstorm, makes me wish I had a PS4. GRAVEL doesn't look to exciting or that fun so, for a PS4 exclusive, this is pretty hype. Codies better not screw it u´p - DiRT 4 for some people was alright, DiRT Rally remains one of their best somewhat recent games for now.
It's not an exclusive, the official game site confirms this will also arrive on Xbox One.

This game has nothing so far of that raw brutallity of Motorstorm. I really expected a mix of driveclub and project gotham. Maybe real gameplay can convince but so far not impressed a single bit. Even my little toe wouldn't wiggle....

It sounds like it could be fun, I'm not a fan of Codemasters though so I'll be taking a "wait and see" approach.

On a side note, we aren't getting much of a break in racing game releases. This makes me happy as last gen was a bit of a wasteland.

mmm..#Gravel comes to mind as they were working on this Off Road game for a long time..but Evo have great experience in the MotorStorm series.

I was also expecting a stunning 4k 'NEW' Drive Club aka Road Racer with real roads again @doblocruiser @MeanElf @imported_rik19 @RL_23 👍. I will try it of course and knowing Evo they have some talented artists.

I will more than likely try both @Gr4ndy and they will sell as they are pure arcade ;) but being a little more mature these days I do prefer real cars and a slower pace. (not up side down and 200mph) :yuck:👍

Last edited:
It sounds like it could be fun, I'm not a fan of Codemasters though so I'll be taking a "wait and see" approach.

On a side note, we aren't getting much of a break in racing game releases. This makes me happy as last gen was a bit of a wasteland.

I wouldn't be surprised after this flurry it will go back to being a wasteland. Racing games, especially arcade games like we saw in the past, simply aren't profitable and indie teams can't pick up the slack.

Looks like a hastily put together mish-mash of Motorstorm, Trackmania and Burnout.

Not keen so far.

So much negativity here guys! Jeez! Im actually excited about this game because it looks like a breath of fresh air after so many sims have practically flooded the racing market. It looks like it could be a lot of fun especially online with some buds.

Right? I'm glad Codemasters is taking an unorthodox approach with this title. That's what I love about Arcade racing games, you get to push the boundaries more than you do in sim racers and OnRush looks like it could be a lot of fun. Plus you have got two experienced studios working together on this project which reassures you that they can pull this crazy concept off.

Regarding online, I hope Codies throw in some party modes for added variety. 👍

So much negativity here guys! Jeez! Im actually excited about this game because it looks like a breath of fresh air after so many sims have practically flooded the racing market. It looks like it could be a lot of fun especially online with some buds.

Is it really negativity? It seems like guarded cautiousness considering that aside from the games already announced and coming out in November and into 2018, the arcade racing genre as it stands is dead.

There's also this point that I think is really good, in my eyes:

I'm curious why Codemasters signed off on this concept though when the Motorstorm series is what basically put Evo in financial trouble. How many people were wanting a game like this? I know the Motorstorm fanbase is vocal, but the sales numbers didn't back that up by the end of the sequels.

It's a considerable risk for Codies to take considering that again, Motorstorm fans are vocal, but by the end of Apocalypse's life span, which I admittedly played a lot of online and enjoyed, are they going to come out?

Back