Need a Leg-Up in GT Sport? Let the Achievements Work For You

I just managed to get to level 30 emerald, so i'm ready for the single player endurance league which is coming this month :). The achievements was helping, but i had to farm a bit for xp.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171201204652.jpg

10.000 xp for level 3 in fuel consumption helped a lot :).

Last edited:
10.000 xp for level 3 in fuel consumption helped a lot :).
I experimented a bit with the fuel consumption one, but couldn't get a quick way to do it. The numbers suggested that putting it on 10x in a custom race didn't actually consumer fuel ten times faster, it just made the fuel tank a tenth of the size :lol:

I experimented a bit with the fuel consumption one, but couldn't get a quick way to do it. The numbers suggested that putting it on 10x in a custom race didn't actually consumer fuel ten times faster, it just made the fuel tank a tenth of the size :lol:

For some odd reason, we also use fuel even if we don't drive with fuel consumption, i farmed xp by using custom race, Northern Isle Speedway with the Mercedes AMG GT GT3 against one Gr. 1 car on endurance, taped the trottle on my controller and raced over night, without fuel consumption, but it still counted on the fuel consumption achievement :confused::).
I didn't try the 10x, but i also though it meant that we would use fuel 10 times faster.

Wait do we need to be a certain level to access GT League tiers? ughh

Yes, at least to level 30 which is emerald:

38490687836_8a277bcafb_b.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, i think Gran Turism 6 also had level lock on leagues? I don't remember, because it's long since i played GT 6.

Last edited:
It did yeah but I'm not really a fan of progression any more. Winning Sunday Cup races isn't very rewarding. Still, I'll be level 30 by then anyway.

It did yeah but I'm not really a fan of progression any more. Winning Sunday Cup races isn't very rewarding. Still, I'll be level 30 by then anyway.

I think we are getting enough xp from the beginner league to professional league to unlock level 30, but if we are level 30 we can enter what league we want and i also like that :).

The rewards is insane in the beginner league :

26771161429_767940bddf_z.jpg

38490687686_da0007b886_z.jpg

20 mill for first place, so i think we are getting a lot of xp as well.

I think we are getting enough xp from the beginner league to professional league to unlock level 30, but if we are level 30 we can enter what league we want and i also like that :).

The credits are always related to Japanese currency in screenshots, More like 20k for first place.

I'll just keep rubberbanding I'm about level 29 as of right now.

It’s been discussed elsewhere but I’m pretty sure those numbers are just placeholders or Japanese currency...

Funny it takes so long to cover all the achievements, which reminds me that I still don't
believe that some dudes got to level 50 after just a few week, just sayin' :)

Please tell me you're not being serious...

Besides GT Sport is maxed out at 20 million, so if you earn any more it doesn't register

Are you sure? I thought it was 50 mill?

Edit.

Or hoped it was 50 mill.

Edit.

But it dosen't matter, 20 mill is more than enough for me :)

Last edited:

:ouch: C'mon PD! :lol:

Jerome

I think Fuel Consumption was one of my first level 3 achievements, right after Distance Driven. I rubber banded Northern Island 8hr races every night after release for a week or so. Those time/distance based achievements filled up pretty quickly, and it got me to level 35, where the required Experience increases quite steeply. Not to mention that it earned me the funds to buy every car, and purchase everything that's been released on the MP store so far.
Please tell me you're not being serious...
First of all, I'm pretty sure these are placeholders. While 20mil Japanese credits equal 200k for the rest of the world, this screenshot is not from the jp. version because the menu is in English.

I think Fuel Consumption was one of my first level 3 achievements, right after Distance Driven. I rubber banded Northern Island 8hr races every night after release for a week or so. Those time/distance based achievements filled up pretty quickly, and it got me to level 35
Hmm. I didn't include any of the Achievements you could rubber-band (RB-Spec? :lol: ) your way to, as I really only wanted to include the stuff you could do in an hour or less... That said, it may be worth it if it's something you can step away from and get up the next morning to rewards.

I have no interest in boosting achievements like this, because that would take away the feeling of actually achieving something. When I got the level 3 livery achievement it was because I had done a lot of proper liveries, and because of that it felt very satisfying when the achievement eventually popped. I also got the drifting achievement when I decided to learn every drift track properly. I even went into some drift lobbies to hang with skilled drifters which was a lot of fun.

But I totally get that you would want to do this for rewards and trophies. :)

Btw, is there a new helmet or suit at level 40 or 50? I didn't get anything new at level 30 which is kind of a bummer.

I have no interest in boosting achievements like this, because that would take away the feeling of actually achieving something. When I got the level 3 livery achievement it was because I had done a lot of proper liveries, and because of that it felt very satisfying when the achievement eventually popped. I also got the drifting achievement when I decided to learn every drift track properly. I even went into some drift lobbies to hang with skilled drifters which was a lot of fun.

But I totally get that you would want to do this for rewards and trophies. :)

Btw, is there a new helmet or suit at level 40 or 50? I didn't get anything new at level 30 which is kind of a bummer.

You get a Diamond Driver sticker to put on your car if you get to level 50 (in addition to Legendary Driver trophy in PSN)

I've been doing some of these but GT Sport needs to update their game because i crashes everytime I like 50 photos or cars in a row

Same happend to me, after 30-40 liked liveries, GT S crashed, so i just liked 10 liveries and 10 photos, it was very time consuming to like so many :lol:, but i just wanted to be level 30 for the endurance league, so my xp farming is done with.

I have no interest in boosting achievements like this, because that would take away the feeling of actually achieving something.

If definitive feels like cheating, that's for sure, so for compensate for all the money i got by farming xp, i have sold almost all my reward cars for zero credits and bought them myself, to decrease the credits to the same level like it was before i started farming for xp, so i feel a bit better about myself after i did that :).

Earned a few to help me to level 30 so I could enter the endurance league once it is released which was nice, now I'm not in such a hurry again so will just achieve them as I go now, great tips though and thanks for the info :gtpflag:

in my opinion xp rewards need a boost in general. The xp required for lev 50 is insane and achievements help but only for a while. They are not that many and by the time you are at 30-35 level most of them are done and used. i understand that the point is to keep people playing in order to get to 50 but still doing an arcade race and getting 100xp or winning an online race and getting 260 is not much of a reward. Or trying to do a good lap time and getting like 20-40 xp after an hour of trying.

If you're halfway decent, it's possible to game the Race type Achievements too... it's just tedious.

The technique is:
* Set great practice time
* Start on pole, win with fastest lap
* Start next race on pole, but get disqualified, to bring DR and SR down again.
* Lather, rinse, repeat

Best way I've found for DQ is to (hang back and let everyone else go away so you don't disrupt them) absolutely blaze into any tight corner, straight off track on the inside then through into the barrier on the outside. This will get you ~30s of penalty. Do it again and again until you have over a minute and the game will start a DQ countdown.

You won't get credited with pole, fastest lap or a race finish in any race you're disqualified from, but you'll get on average two wins, poles, fastest laps and race finishes an hour, as most people at DR D/E and SR C are inept but the game keeps pairing you with them. My personal record is a 3s faster qualifying time and 4s faster lap than 2nd. There's three PSN trophies here too.

If you want to do this you might want to get that done before March and the FIA races, because poor DR means poor FIA points...

Back