When will they allow Tuning for Daily Races?

• Thread starter rdks
  • 151 comments
rdks
All this complaining about the cars.. This is GT after all, why are we not allowed to tune the car for the race?

It makes sense for "one make" races.. but come on, we choice the car we want.. and then have to have it nurfed and tuned in ways that do not help on the track one is racing.

Why will they allow tuning for online races?

Online should be a level field so no Tuning is absolutely fine.

Not everyone has the time to dig in,have knowledge and tune and test so no Tuning is great.

Don't get this tuning in online race at all.

GT League is coming. Tune there.

Also why you created a thread is beyond me.

I am actually surprised they haven't brought some tuning back. I know everyone complained about it saying they don't have time. We were all just learning the cars, physics, tracks, etc. But, no reason to not start bringing it back. There are tunes online that are available to everyone. Once you have a tune for a certain car and track you just save the tune. I still think they should add a few more dailies and allow tuning in some of those.

Not everyone has the time to dig in,have knowledge and tune and test so no Tuning is great.

Certain cars have a better default setup then others, not to mention people race a certain way and if they don't have a tune to compliment that, then they're at a massive disadvantage. Not everyone has the time to change their driving style to benefit from a tune, especially if it's a car they main.

Also I have seen far worse threads created on GT Planet, not just limited to GT Sport.

Maybe it should be pointed out that when people talk about wanting tuning in Sport mode, they are referring to changing suspension settings and whatnot, not changing the performance ratios for the vehicle.

Online should be a level field
In one make races I would agree. But the instant you allow people to select which car to race from a certain class, the field is inherently unbalanced.

You can. Create a lobby or find one of the many that allows tuning.
Lobbies don't affect your ranking. Also, find me a lobby with more than five people in it that isn't a trackday or kart race. Nobody plays in lobbies because of sport mode. Guess why that is...

GT League is coming. Tune there
See above. Same applies here. Besides, we can already tune in arcade mode but there's really not much point- you don't need to tune the car to annihilate the AI even on professional.

Where do I even begin with this....

Online should not be a level playing field and as such it never will be, EVERYBODY has different skill levels so tune or not there is no such thing as a level playing field.

If people don't want to invest time in setting a car up then that is their own problem, Let them be limited to the tune that PD provide, Which for many cars is complete crap.

Not everybody has the same driving style or even skill level, So pray do tell how tuning is a bad thing exactly? Does Lewis Hamilton have his car set up for each track he goes to, Yes he does, If he didn't he wouldn't be able to maximize the potential of his car.

Why your response to the OP was so idiotic is beyond me :rolleyes:

The irony of your name, given your reply, made me laugh :)

Hopefully whenever they sort the BOP, then they will allow us to do setups again. Tuning with BOP on is a must in sport mode. Have one make races for the people who just want to jump in and race, let us do setups in Gr4 and Gr3 races at least.

That's about as level of a player field as it gets. It shouldn't be gone because some don't want to put the effort in it, that's just dumbing down the gameplay which I will never support.

Last edited:
Tuning will ruin sport mode, no need to keep going over it. This is a game intended for masses, it's not for a select audience like other simulators.

Some cars have way better default setups than others, like the 911 in Gr3. Why are you against people making other cars handle as well as the 911 does? It will not ruin sport mode, if anything if will give us more variety in cars to use. How people like you and @FUNanywhere don't see that is beyond me.

edit: Also, according to kudosprime, most players don't even play sport mode! So dumbing it down for the masses makes even less sense.

Last edited:
Where do I even begin with this....

Online should not be a level playing field and as such it never will be, EVERYBODY has different skill levels so tune or not there is no such thing as a level playing field.

If people don't want to invest time in setting a car up then that is their own problem, Let them be limited to the tune that PD provide, Which for many cars is complete crap.

Not everybody has the same driving style or even skill level, So pray do tell how tuning is a bad thing exactly? Does Lewis Hamilton have his car set up for each track he goes to, Yes he does, If he didn't he wouldn't be able to maximize the potential of his car.

Why your response to the OP was so idiotic is beyond me :rolleyes:

I think the current system of a particular cars Base attributs being favourable to certain tracks make the "no Tuning" bop a joke. You immediately see the leaderboards fill up with one car.
So tuning would allow a broader choice for racing together. And for those that can't or won't tune then you can be sure some genius will figure out the best tune for your favorite car and you'll just copy and paste it and bam! Your fav car will be competitive!

I like the ballenced racing but I don't think allowing tuning will unbalance it, I think it will make for more interesting races with a variety of cars that shine at particular track features and create a more ballenced grid overall

:)

Last edited:
On another note I forgot to add, I'm sick and tired of competitive games/game modes pandering to casuals. It's called competitive for a reason, and when you don't allow us to take advantage of everything that can make us competitive, we can never truly be at our best. PD doing what they're doing in Sport mode is the equivalent of using a default class in a Call of Duty game.

On another note I forgot to add, I'm sick and tired of competitive games/game modes pandering to casuals. It's called competitive for a reason, and when you don't allow us to take advantage of everything that can make us competitive, we can never truly be at our best. PD doing what they're doing in Sport mode is the equivalent of using a default class in a Call of Duty game.

So true, at the end of the day this is PVP game. If people don't want to take the time to learn all the ins and outs then they must accept that there are people who do.

Last edited:
Some cars have way better default setups than others, like the 911 in Gr3. Why are you against people making other cars handle as well as the 911 does? It will not ruin sport mode, if anything if will give us more variety in cars to use. How people like you and @FUNanywhere don't see that is beyond me.

edit: Also, according to kudosprime, most players don't even play sport mode! So dumbing it down for the masses makes even less sense.

People will tune that 911 to be even better than it already is. There are cars that keep up with it, like the Lexus Gr.3 or Viper Gr.3 , etc.... I took part in Alsace village yesterday or before yesterday kept up with top 3 in Viper and 911's with the Lexus.

Lol, casuals are casuals, you won't be matched with them. If someone is driving better than you I doubt he is a 'casual' if you consider yourself such a great driver. We don't need tunes in sport mode, not everyone wants to keep changing tunes on every other car every single time he has to enter a race for every other track. And if there is a save feature for tunes then they will be uploaded and everyone will use the same tunes. It's much better default. I have never got a 1st place finish yet, best I got was a third. And I don't care, I'm having fun and not making dirty moves to try getting in first.

Tuning will ruin sport mode, no need to keep going over it. This is a game intended for masses, it's not for a select audience like other simulators.
Why and how? No one forces you to tune and the system should match you up with drivers of relatively equal skill and speed if it's working properly.

People will tune that 911 to be even better than it already is. There are cars that keep up with it, like the Lexus Gr.3 or Viper Gr.3 , etc.... I took part in Alsace village yesterday or before yesterday kept up with top 3 in Viper and 911's with the Lexus.
Why does this matter? People already choose cars they know can't compete with the best cars. GT4 is a good example.

Lol, casuals are casuals, you won't be matched with them. If someone is driving better than you I doubt he is a 'casual' if you consider yourself such a great driver. We don't need tunes in sport mode, not everyone wants to keep changing tunes on every other car every single time he has to enter a race for every other track. And if there is a save feature for tunes then they will be uploaded and everyone will use the same tunes. It's much better default. I have never got a 1st place finish yet, best I got was a third. And I don't care, I'm having fun and not making dirty moves to try getting in first.
Not everyone needs to keep changing tunes but then again, no one is forcing you to change tunes. Why can't you just qualify like everyone else and then be placed with drivers of your relative skill and speed? If you truly don't care about where you place and it's all about having fun and racing clean, I don't see why tuning should matter to you to begin with.

You missed the whole point of my post. You will never be truly competitive in SPORT MODE if you cannot have access to all the tools necessary to make you competitive in the first place.

Not everyone wants to keep racing/playing with the same setups over and over again to where a meta is formed because of that. This is literally what ruined Destiny PVP.

Everyone has access to the same tunes as everyone else on this site, it's called the Tuning sub forum and implementing the tunes takes little time to do.

I use MINIKL's tune for my Vette with some slight tweaks, because I have access to using those tunes, and I'm far faster in online races because of that. When I'm forced to run a disgusting stock setup, which has awful gearing, and also gives less stability while accelerating, it requires me to change my driving style completely to compensate. I can lap at least 2 seconds faster on Lake Maggiore with my tune than the default one Sport Mode forces me to have.

@Johnnypenso @TetsuKobura

No one wants GT Sport to die on console like AC is dead on PS4 because of tuning. You are not more skilled because of tuning, you will be more skilled to adjust your driving with whatever car depending on the track. It's very competitive without tuning. And PD is still going to balance cars. This is our mainstream racing title, not everyone can afford a PC and download tunes off the internet. GT Sport is the busiest racing sim on PS4 and we all want it to stay that way. Tuning in sport mode will push many people away and it won't be balanced. Tune in a private lobby, because people like you are a minority. There are very good drivers on console driving without any tunes with cars other than the 911.

I run the Gr.4 M4 and Gr.3 M6 and I've never heard of those cars being op like the Beatle and Megane,yet I typically place in the top 3 in qualifying and races. Learn to maximize your stock tune by seeing where it excels at and setting yourself up while racing to use it to your advantage. Or just use the most popular car to give you that "unfair advantage".

I don't feel like there needs to be tuning in Sport mode because all that's going to do is make whatever gap in performance there even bigger it won't actually solve anything.

How would having one of the three daily races with settings enabled ruin sport mode?

It simply offers a choice, those that enjoy an experience more akin to arcade racing will be happy, and those that like a little more depth will be happy!

Actually I’d prefer any races with settings enabled to run for a week, that way I can develop a car and race it properly...

Allowing tuning means even more work with BoP adjustments as people discover ways to glitch the physics.

Without tuning, as time goes on all the cars gets closer in performance. This still requires work because it takes a while to see a trend or certain car/track combo to emerge as superior.

With tuning allowed this work would increase exponentially.

Not against it ( tuning is a fun option ) but not see it happening.

No one wants GT Sport to die on console like AC is dead on PS4 because of tuning.
You're seriously implying that GT Sport will die because of tuning in a competitive game mode? :lol:
I run the Gr.4 M4 and Gr.3 M6 and I've never heard of those cars being op like the Beatle and Megane,yet I typically place in the top 3 in qualifying and races. Learn to maximize your stock tune by seeing where it excels at and setting yourself up while racing to use it to your advantage. Or just use the most popular car to give you that "unfair advantage".

I don't feel like there needs to be tuning in Sport mode because all that's going to do is make whatever gap in performance there even bigger it won't actually solve anything.
So I should be forced to completely relearn my driving style just to use a default tune on my main car that is total 🤬? Tell me exactly how that isn't unfair.

I personally would like to see the ability to adjust the cars set up opened up in the daily races. I can see in BOP events that certain elements such as ride heights or down force remain locked because of the Bop but spring rates, shock rates, roll bars, toe in, castor and camber and so forth should have the ability to be adjusted to allow a car to be optimized for certain driving styles and track characteristics.

No one wants GT Sport to die on console like AC is dead on PS4 because of tuning. You are not more skilled because of tuning, you will be more skilled to adjust your driving with whatever car depending on the track. It's very competitive without tuning. And PD is still going to balance cars. This is our mainstream racing title, not everyone can afford a PC and download tunes off the internet. GT Sport is the busiest racing sim on PS4 and we all want it to stay that way. Tuning in sport mode will push many people away and it won't be balanced. Tune in a private lobby, because people like you are a minority. There are very good drivers on console driving without any tunes with cars other than the 911.
So offering up a Sport Mode tuning lobby alongside the other non-tuning lobbies is going to kill GTSport? Must be a pretty weak game then if that's all it takes to kill it. We should ignore people in the minority? Bye Bye online then because online players are also a minority.

You are aware of course that by "tuning" that doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means. Tuning in the real world in a series like GT3 is quite limited. You can't flip transmissions and don't tune them on a slider like you do in GT. You can't add 400 hp and then detune for a flat response curve. In GTSport tuning could be limited to suspension adjustments, aero and two or three sets of gears. You could even have the tunes of the top racers available for download.

Last edited:
People will tune that 911 to be even better than it already is.
Yes but other cars with deficient setups can be improved even more, allowing them the chance to compete at its level. If they can't, then and only then should they adjust the BoP. That's the point he was making.

If you have a car that, for example, can't handle driving over curbs while others handle it just fine, that can possibly be corrected with suspension tuning. Performing that same tuning adjustment on a vehicle that already handles curbs just fine doesn't do it any good.

Allowing tuning means even more work with BoP adjustments as people discover ways to glitch the physics.
If the physics can be glitched, the bug in the physics model should be corrected, not swept under the rug.

Without tuning, as time goes on all the cars gets closer in performance.
Hasn't been working so far. If anything, it's been getting worse. At least in Gr.4, the top qualifiers are always Meganes. We're lucky if the top 10 has anything else in it at the end of the day.

and . Tuning in sport mode will push many people away and it won't be balanced.

Tell me GR4 is currently balanced and how well the BoP is working.

I can understand if players were asking for something to be introduced into the game that was not there but tuning is in the game and in plain sight. Actually was able to use it on line when the game first launched.

It's very competitive without tuning.

Read the above and then try to win a race in GR4 with 80% of the cars in the class. Even in GR3 it is dominated by a half a dozen cars, how many do you see winning in a Benz or a Jag? Tuning could possibly make some of those cars more competitive in class.
Tuning will ruin sport mode,

No actually not allowing tuning will over the long haul ruin sport mode. The only people that will still be playing 6 months down the road are those that have a passion for racing, most casual plug in gamer's will have moved on to another game long before then.

If you do not have things such as tuning to allow people to keep trying to improve performance of their favorite cars then just racing the same tracks over and over with nothing new to try will get old and many of those racers will be gone as well.

not everyone wants to keep changing tunes on every other car every single time he has to enter a race for every other track. And if there is a save feature for tunes then they will be uploaded and everyone will use the same tunes. It's much better default. I

Well in this game money to buy cars is not usually a problem, just buy several of the cars you like, apply the tune for a particular track and then when you go to that track pull that car out of the garage. You can also save up to like 11 setups for one car and change the tune with a couple of clicks on the controller in the garage. So whichever suites you the best.
You will not need to spend a lot of time on a regular basis adjusting tunes if that is not something you like to fiddle with.

This is a game intended for masses, it's not for a select audience like other simulators.

This game with its different rankings for DR, and SR and using those rankings in conjunction with lap times can actually be a game for all levels and types of on line game play as the matchmaking for online races should be matching those of similar lap times together within races and if a person is turning a 2:00 second lap time what difference does it make how he got there? A 2 minute flat lap is a 2 minute flat lap and in all honesty for longevity the more that is allowed the better to keep people interested long term. They do need to tighten up the variances of lap times between 1st and last place though.

You're seriously implying that GT Sport will die because of tuning in a competitive game mode? :lol:

So I should be forced to completely relearn my driving style just to use a default tune on my main car that is total 🤬? Tell me exactly how that isn't unfair.
If you're a good driver adjusting the way you drive to fit how the car handles should be natural and it will help improve your driving skill,its not like you didn't have to learn the physics of this game as GT6 or any other game doesn't feel like this game.

Last edited:
If you're a good driver adjusting the way you drive to fit how the car handles should be natural and it will help improve your driving skill,its not like you didn't have to learn the physics of this game as GT6 or any other game feels like this game.
Tuning is not always just about making a car faster but to also make a car handle more like YOU PREFER it to handle because of your driving style.
Prime example when the game first launched before the grip updates and when tuning was allowed in some sport races I was driving the Viper.

The Viper had a bad habit of snap spinning without warning out of low speed tight corners unless you turned up the TCS to cover it up.

With tuning and changing spring rates and dampening was able to alter the weight transfer putting more weight on the rear during acceleration allowing the TCS to be turned way down or even off. The other advantage to that change with my driving style with that car it allowed me to use the throttle to help steer the car that I could not do with using a high TCS rate that with my driving style I like to do with some cars.

Did it make me faster, maybe a few tenths at best but made the car a whole lot more enjoyable to drive and is that not the whole point?

Back