2016 GT Award-Winning '51 Ford Coupe Scanned by Gran Turismo Team

The Go Pro Camaro is supposed to be in the game too.

Alas, no more such news has been heard for a long time.
Love that car!!! It is a customer of our company that built that car. Roadster Shop great work from them. I really hope that these cars they said would be in the game will be in the game at some point. Especially this car "The Rampage"

@Voodoovaj @jpine324

11325448_971404082909811_2035581810_n.jpg

http://www.imgrum.org/media/1018174752401332630_249112501
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3929894.html

Some pictures of Poly scanning the 51 Ford Coupé.

I'd have rather PD scanned an unmolested example which is exactly what I feel about all these other "just one guys car" show winners.

These cars appeal to me even less than the VGT batmobiles, Thank god were getting iconic cars with storied histories like the VW Sambabus.

I'd have rather PD scanned an unmolested example which is exactly what I feel about all these other "just one guys car" show winners.

These cars appeal to me even less than the VGT batmobiles, Thank god were getting iconic cars with storied histories like the VW Sambabus.

I agree. I understand why the VGT's are there from contractual arrangements and manufacturers original intent to gain interest especially from young people. These cars though are one off tuned representations and I personally do not get the concept at all....
Each to their own though as recognise SEMA etc have their own fans too and GT traditionally as a 'car encyclopedia' wants to appeal to all.

I agree. I understand why the VGT's are there from contractual arrangements and manufacturers original intent to gain interest especially from young people. These cars though are one off tuned representations and I personally do not get the concept at all....
Each to their own though as recognise SEMA etc have their own fans too and GT traditionally as a 'car encyclopedia' wants to appeal to all.

I think it bothers me more based on them being modified cars and PD have taken away our ability to modify cars to a certain degree, Whilst it could look good for a photo with a highly modified Evo etc, Oh wait we can't stick a huge wing on said Evo and make it look more like a street racer.

As you can see it kind of doesn't fit :sly:

Normally, I'd agree — or at the very least, I'd like the stock car alongside the GT Award winners.

However, with GT Sport completely missing a half-decent upgrade system, I'm actually less bothered by it. They can be used for one-make races, and given the comparatively small car list, that can happen more often in Sport Mode than it could in, say, GT6. PD could even make an Awards-specific race if it wants, though that'd probably be hard to balance given the variety on offer. The '51 wouldn't know which way the Rampage went!

Meanwhile, I feel like the Samba will be little more than a rolling canvas in GT Sport. I remember the numbing Top Gear GT5 event with it, and I don't think the existing GT Sport upgrade system will do it much help. I upgraded my MX-5 during the review period and found it hilariously out-matched in N300: downgrading is much better than upgrading in the game than the other way around in terms of being competitive, since we can't do anything about tire width.

Latest Posts

Back