Polyphony Digital Takes Action Against "Misbehaving" Gran Turismo Sport Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t feel that great about this.

I’m not a cheater at all, but I feel really uneasy when people are permanently banned from playing a game, due to errors in what PD has programmed.

Pit lane glitching was not a massive universal issue breaking Sport mode at all and people used it in the ‘offline’ events to unlock cars that are gated behind ridiculous grinding.

Also curious that it’s only on the Japanese site...

I guess a lot of **** went down on Sport mode while I'm in Japan which is about 8-9 days ago.
PD's not messing around this time.

I’m not a cheater at all, but I feel really uneasy when people are permanently banned from playing a game, due to errors in what PD has programmed.

Pit lane glitching was not a massive universal issue breaking Sport mode at all and people used it in the ‘offline’ events to unlock cars that are gated behind ridiculous grinding.
Would be interesting to see what PD deem as cheating. Theres the obvious like pit glitch, but what else? The title says "Misbehaving" - now that opens a whole can of worms.
I thought everybody being banned from playing offline was designed to stop this, maybe since their was is also exploitable they can go back to having a proper offline mode with offline saves (aka a proper Gran Turismo game).
We don't know what's qualified people for bans. A Google Translate of the post reads "illegality" rather than "cheating", which is a lot more sinister, but it reads like "cheating" to me (bear in mind I'm VERY rusty though).

I doubt PD would be too concerned about people using the pit-lane glitch for credit/XP levelling - although it might be, which is why we've always recommended people don't do it - and that seems to be quite widespread, so we'd know about it by now. It could be the use of the pit-lane glitch in Sport Mode, which would annoy PD tremendously. That's a lot less widespread, but it's definitely not just a Japanese problem.

Mr. Pit Glitch is Japanese so they might have targeted him. When he shows up, other players try to glitch to beat him or wait for him to knock him off the circuit. I stopped playing for a while because of him. Here’s an example of his blatant cheating in a A/S S/S lobby.

No it’s not a problem only in Japan but they usually are in lower ranked lobbies but this one has been doing it systematically in top lobbies on the Asia/Pacific server.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know what's qualified people for bans. A Google Translate of the post reads "illegality" rather than "cheating", which is a lot more sinister, but it reads like "cheating" to me (bear in mind I'm VERY rusty though).

I doubt PD would be too concerned about people using the pit-lane glitch for credit/XP levelling - although it might be, which is why we've always recommended people don't do it - and that seems to be quite widespread, so we'd know about it by now. It could be the use of the pit-lane glitch in Sport Mode, which would annoy PD tremendously. That's a lot less widespread, but it's definitely not just a Japanese problem.
talk about the sport mode so I think the bans will be inherent in all the wrong things that some users have done in that mode.

The money glitch I think it's a very minor problem for them because it does not affect the sport mode in the most absolute way.

If feel that if the lay the hammer down hard enough, that might give people a wake up call that if they are doing something wrong, they should change their behavior. Kinda of a “rule with an iron fist” mentality.

Mr. Pit Glitch is Japanese so they might have targeted him. When he shows up, other players try to glitch to beat him or wait for him to knock him off the circuit. I stopped playing for a while because of him. Here’s an example of his blatant cheating in a A/S S/S lobby.

No it’s not a problem only in Japan but they usually are in lower ranked lobbies but this one has been doing it systematically in top lobbies on the Asia/Pacific server.

I have been in one room with him, after someone shouted he being cheater he just leave the room lol

I did the pit glitch offline one day. I only did it a couple of times, just to get a little extra money for Gr4 Vipers. I needed to buy six at the time for livery purposes :lol: All the other cars I own are legit, and I stopped doing it as soon as i had just enough money for my vipers.

I haven't done it since and I certainly HAVE NEVER used the pit glitch online in any form. That's a horrendous thing to do.

If someone does it offline, I see no problem with it. It certainly does not warrant a permanent ban from online racing. They'd probably be banning a lot of people anyway, as so many have done it (based off YouTube video views)

Now someone that does it online to take away wins from people and completely screw up the FiA races? That's totally different in my eyes. Get those guys out of here.

Last edited:
WOjy315.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back