Porsche pack 2 March 2018

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 398 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/n...oming-in-march-2018-update-4-is-now-available

PROJECT CARS 2 CELEBRATES THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF PORSCHE WITH THE ‘PORSCHE LEGENDS PACK’, COMING IN MARCH 2018― UPDATE 4 IS NOW AVAILABLE
2/9/2018

1 Comment

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe are excited to announce the ‘Porsche Legends Pack’, the second expansion pack for Project CARS 2, will be available across all platforms in early March.

Seventy years on from the launch of the very first Porsche road car in 1948―the Porsche 356―comes the Project CARS 2 ‘Porsche Legends Pack’, a visceral and unmissable celebration of Porsche’s 70th anniversary.

The ‘Porsche Legends Pack’ will come with: nine legendary cars hand-picked from the storied history of Porsche: one FIA-certified track intimately associated with Porsche―a first in any simulated racing game: 20 liveries: nine community events: and five new career events, all carefully crafted to integrate into the Porsche experience.

The nine iconic Porsche cars include their current GT-runner, the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR that will add this elite brand into Project CARS 2’s already essential line-up of GT racers.

The 911 RSR will join eight more historically significant Porsches hand-picked from the last 70 years, such as the 1972 Porsche 917/10―the car dubbed the “Can-Am Killer”―an analogue monster whose 5-litre flat-12 boxer was mated to two massive big-box turbos to create what many consider the most brutal car (1,200bhp!) in sportscar history.

Ahead of the ‘Porsche Legends Pack’, Slightly Mad Studios has released a new Update 4 for Project CARS 2 for PC (Steam), which will be available imminently for the Xbox One, and PS4.

Update 4 includes numerous performance and stability improvements, gameplay balance tweaking, UI and render enhancements, and extensive AI improvements across many locations and vehicle classes.
For full details, follow this link.

https://pcars.games/PC2Update4

Project CARS 2 is rated PEGI 3. The game is available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, and PC. Find out more and keep up-to-date at the official Project CARS 2 website: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/ To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe’s other products please go to: http://www.bandainamcoent.com or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoEUor join the conversation at https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU.

The new track is Porsche Experience Centre Leipzig.

And the 9 new cars are:
Porsche 908/03 Spyder
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8
Porsche 911 RSR
Porsche 917/10
Porsche 917K
Porsche 935/78
Porsche 935/78-81
Porsche 959 S
Porsche Carrera GT

Yeah def Leipzig.

A 'Karussell’ for the circuit.
The design for Porsche Leipzig's unique, FIA-certified circuit and the new dynamic circuit was created by Hermann Tilke, designer of numerous Formula 1 circuits such as those in Malaysia and Bahrain. Together with the Porsche project team he implemented a very special idea: 11 spectacular curves inspired by world-famous racing circuits, ranging from the Suzuka S (Suzuka/Japan) to the Parabolica corner (Monza/Italy) have been incorporated. The extension of the circuit has created a new highlight, an accurate copy of the Karussell (Carousel), the famous banked curve on the Nordschleife (North Loop) of the Nürburgring.

I'm going for Kyalami.

Its owned by Porsche, its FIA certified and its not in anything else.

I think you're wrong but I want you to be right

Wow, based on the details it seems like this will be another whopper of an update. 👍

Oh come on not another Porsche pack! Every game...
If it includes even one older Porsche roadcar, it's worth more to me in gameplay and personal appeal than the next two packs combined could possibly be.

Please let the reference to the 356 be a hint! But I'll also accept an original 911.

If it includes even one older Porsche roadcar, it's worth more to me in gameplay and personal appeal than the next two packs combined could possibly be.

Please let the reference to the 356 be a hint! But I'll also accept an original 911.
1967 911R, 1973 Carrera RS, 1975 930 Turbo (Whale tail!), 1995 993 GT2...one can dream. The 356 might be fun for a lap or two but with <50 hp I doubt it'll get much attention outside of hardcore Porsche fans...of course I think the same is true of all vintage cars judging by the preferences of online lobbies:)

Last edited:
1967 911R, 1973 Carrera RS, 1975 930 Turbo (Whale tail!0, 1995 993 GT2...one can dream. The 356 might be fun for a lap or two but with <50 hp I doubt it'll get much attention outside of hardcore Porsche fans...of course I think the same is true of all vintage cars judging by the preferences of online lobbies:)
Something that could fit in Vintage GT B/C/D would be fine by me. But this physics engine sure is calling out for something very light and without much grip to spare, but with a charmingly humble engine. I had fun times with the Subaru 360 Young SS in Enthusia (though it was most fun with a Level 10 tune and seeing what cars I could beat with it). :)

Not to mention this game has plenty of tracks that really suit such a car, instead of giving you a bunch of quirky or older cars with almost nowhere good to drive them like a Forza game.

I would love a "Cup" version of the most current 911 GT3-spec race car so it can be it's own class in multi-class racing.

Oh man, I just thought of this now but imagine if eventually you could adjust AI settings for each individual class? You can make an "IMSA Prototype Challenge" class with less skill and higher aggression, just to get in the way hehe

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on February 9th, 2018 in the Project CARS 2 category.

"The insane 917/10 meanwhile — dubbed the “Can-Am killer” thanks to its utter domination of the series — is relatively rarer. It too was part of Assetto Corsa’s trio of Porsche packs, and should prove just as much of a challenge in PCARS2."

That was the 917/30.

As much I respect Porsche I'm honestly sick of paying for more of them in every car game. There's so much of the car roster that could've been expanded upon instead of more manufacturer specific car packs. In fairness the potential of Kyalami has me really excited after watching that youtube vid of a track lap.

Back