Buying All of GT Sport's Latest Cars Requires (at Least) 25 Hours of Racing

It should also be noted that if you make a new account, you have a chance of getting the 20M cars every time you complete a circuit experience. Only saw the XJ13 once after completing like Brands Hatch, but that was it.

I made it to 17 million cr and I've gotten bored out of my mind grinding for money. I'll race once in a while but I'll probably get the 20 million cars by summer of 2019 at this rate. I'm drifting off and playing other games. Maybe a new track or a couple of new cars will pull me back in.

Yeah, at least 25 hours through boring grinding of doing the same thing again.

That isn't rewarding at all, and having such cool cars surely should come from personal achievement and not just playing the game loads, grinding, or through luck.

Sport Mode provides so little in terms of XP and Credits etc which I think is pretty poor considering it is the most challenging aspect of the game, so surely should provide the biggest rewards?

Nice article, this will surely help many people in need of credits. :P I'll have to start doing this as well to get to level 50 quicker and earn some more credits meanwhile for the 20 mil Ferrari and Jaguar.

This however:

Another trophy you should earn during the whole experience is the King of Ovals one. That requires 500 miles around any ovals in the game — needless to say, you should manage that well before you earn enough credits for even one of the classic racers.

Is unfortunately not true for many people. It seems to be bugged for some reason. I've done over 5000 miles on ovals, never got that trophy and I know I'm not alone. I don't know why not more people are complaining about this though, maybe most people don't really care about the trophies. I think I'll make a thread on this soon with some more info so hopefully PD will notice if they watch this forum.

It depends what you do in GTS. 95% of the time, I race in sport mode which is an incredibly poor way to make money.

I've completed 216 sport mode races (9 wins). In total, I've made 17,980,438 Cr in 144 driving time hours...

Besides sport mode, this amount includes a few GT league races I have done, most of the circuit experiences beaten on gold and the driving school has been completed (bronze or better). This amount also includes me using the pit glitch on SINGLE PLAYER. (I only did it enough times to afford 6 Gr4 Dodge Vipers for livery purposes). So that's 350,000 × 6 = 2,100,000 cr.

So if we take that amount away, the true amount of Cr I have earned is 15,880,438. For 144 hours of driving time, this is most certainly not a lot of money.

It's odd that they market this game for sport mode, yet sport mode by itself is a very bad way to make money.

Last edited:
It's so odd that you can run an oval 4 times in an hour and make 1.5m...
Yet winning a 1hr endurance race is worth some odd 400k...
Really?
How does that make any sense?
I'd still rather do the endurance. (I realy miss the real long endurance races from older GT's)
Purely personal but running an oval for an hour is no fun, so the higher reward is correct. :D

If you like ovals, than it's a no brainer, bring in the money.

When some of the most wanted cars in the game are put behind stupid high credit walls and grinding instead of being achievable through skill, I get less motivated to play.

What's the point? Some guy who sends people off track in sport mode or just got the game yesterday can get the 20.000.000 cars. Someone who's DR/S, with over 40.000 Km driven and 100% of the game completed, keeps getting useless duplicates for no reason.

Because logic.

I did the Bluemoon grind and had it down to sub 11:50 by the end, 5 races an hour is possible for 1,875,000 credits per hours. However since I mostly did it while watching tv my clean percentage was about 75% overall. So on average about 1,700,000 credits per hour.

214 wins total to get to level 50, about 73 million credits and 1.6 million xp earned from Bluemoon in 43 hours spread out over 38 days.

My total credits stand at 141.5 million. 68.5 million without Bluemoon, yet I also did some other high earning GT League events quite a few times.
Adding the high paying ones together about 10.5 million, leaves 58 million. I don't know how much 100% campaign plus all the other GT League races earns yet before starting sport mode I was easily past 10 million already, conservative estimate 15 million maybe? leaves 43 million earned in sport mode over 1193 races, about 36k per race. That still seems high as the payout is usually less.

Anyway 1200 sport races might be enough to pay for the 1.11 update cars :)

...or I could just fire up PCars2 and have the lot (less a handful DLC) and/or Assetto with a bit more DLC.

Last game like this was driveclub. Surely we're at a point that we race for trophies but get all the cars we've paid for.

I'm doing what I call 'double dipping'. When I want to earn credits myself, I'll run the X-Bow race and get the 1.5mill/hour amount. I can only bring myself to do about an hour on days I feel like doing it :lol: I then setup this custom race when I head to bed and set the time limit to end around 7pm when the kids are asleep. That also gives me between 1.7mil and 2 mil for 'free'. The only drawback is my PS4/GTS game errors out about 50% of the time, so buyer beware there, but at least I didn't spend any of my actual play time doing it ;)

What's the point? Some guy who sends people off track in sport mode or just got the game yesterday can get the 20.000.000 cars. Someone who's DR/S, with over 40.000 Km driven and 100% of the game completed, keeps getting useless duplicates for no reason.

Because PD logic.

Totally agree man. Once I re-get (I'm certain I tossed it as I'm only keeping one of every car) that Audio 2011 Gr. 1 car that I CAN'T buy, I want an option to disable the daily gift car, it gets old selling the cars (for nothing!).

Jerome

Last edited:
The only way I think I will see these 20 million cars, is if I receive them as a daily prize car, grinding for 40 million credits on Blue Moon Bay might quickly burn me out of this game. Maybe in the future when there's more content or seasonal events come back, then I might obtain them quicker.

In the past you could sell prize cars from events which made the game less of a grind.

Well.. some games charge real money for DLC. GTS you have to play the game and maybe get lucky on your daily reward.

They allowed people to buy in game currency in GT6.. maybe they should in GTS? but you know what, somehow that will just piss off a different group of people.

I really do not at all have a problem with them doing it any of those ways.. they chose one, some will be happy and others won't.

I haven't touched sport mode in a month or two, and have instead been focusing on slowly going through GT League. I say "slow" because I've been using it as a joint effort to make money and try out and tune cars. Basically for each event I'll pick a cheap(ish) car from the dealership (or one of my many duplicates from the daily marathon reward) that are a fair bit slower than the entry requirements/average opponents, throw it into the livery editor, and then try to get gold with minimal adjustments to power or weight. I finished pretty much every race regardless of mistakes or where I knew I'd place, giving my a credit reward every time, plus a 30-60% performance bonus depending on the event. Since I started doing this I've amassed nearly 15 million credits (and I've spent around 5 million, still have a good chunk of the league to go, and have a fleet of personalized cars that I'm really fond of - I actually appreciate all 3 of my MX-5s. It's been a really fun and challenging process, and I'm approaching being able to afford the Ferrari (I was lucky enough to win the Jag early on), and it hasn't felt very grind-y to get myself here.

However, given that I did win the Jag, the price points still seem a bit high - I don't think I'd be able to afford both after going through this process for 2-3 months, and there's a chance the Mk. IV could be added in the update and make to gauntlet higher. It's not unreasonable for rare collector cars to be expensive, but it is to make them ridiculously hard to access.

The daily marathon reward does help, but I think a more effective solution would be to make a few extra long and challenging endurance races with giant (multi-million) payout. That and/or simply increasing payouts from Sport Mode - honestly you'd think PD would want to up the enticement of Sport Mode, but it's one of the least (financially) lucrative ways to play the game.

Money should have been awarded as prizes only for Sport mode placements. The way it is right now results in grinding, allows more than half the owners of GTS to just stay in offline races (yes I see this as bad for a game whose concept is online racing), and a system where cash is a meaningless abstract concept.

I would've rather had Sport mode feel like single-player events in DriveClub -- smaller competitions and local tournaments that would make us feel more like we're all drivers competing in racing leagues, rather than the generic multiplayer environment Sport mode is right now. Make race winnings an explicit cash prize and now we have incentive to compete and the money feels actually earned.

The way it is right now, the vision is very muddled. Is it a car collectathon game? Is it a game focused on racing? Because those two things are at odds with each other. Money right now is another number you see at the end of a race. There's no narrative there.

Back