The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
My go to now is the McLaren F1 detuned to N500 in the Premium Sport lounge. It makes mince meat of any LaFerrari or Veyron and with a clean race I get 315,000 cr and 6,930 xp in 11 mins. I haaaaaaaaate the Xbow with a passion so I'll gladly take the hit on XP and CR to not drive that thing.

Here's my 'money race' with a rubberband and DS4 for credits and mileage while I'm sleeping/at work.

Car:
Gr. 1 Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo

Track:
Blue Moon Bay Speedway

Length:
Usually 18 - 24 Hours

Lap Times:
45 - 46 Seconds

Winnings:
$1,200,000 - $1,700,000 Credits
20,000 - 38,500 Mileage Points

Race Configuration:
Going For The Win
Gr. 3 Opponent
No Fuel Usage
No Tire Wear
2 Car Race
Start In 2nd Place
No Boost
Professional Difficulty

Car Configuration:
Automatic Transmission
Countersteering Assist
Brake & Steering Assist
Racing Super Soft Tires
Power Ratio At 136%
Weight Reduction Ratio At 84%
No TCS

I may try @CeeJay's trick with the McLaren in the sports lounge as well to build up credits for the last car on my list, the 330 P4. Great tip man! 👍

Jerome

Here's my 'money race' with a rubberband and DS4 for credits and mileage while I'm sleeping/at work.

Car:
Gr. 1 Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo

Track:
Blue Moon Bay Speedway

Length:
Usually 18 - 24 Hours

Lap Times:
45 - 46 Seconds

Winnings:
$1,200,000 - $1,700,000 Credits
20,000 - 38,500 Mileage Points

Race Configuration:
Going For The Win
Gr. 3 Opponent
No Fuel Usage
No Tire Wear
2 Car Race
Start In 2nd Place
No Boost
Professional Difficulty

Car Configuration:
Automatic Transmission
Countersteering Assist
Brake & Steering Assist
Racing Super Soft Tires
Power Ratio At 136%
Weight Reduction Ratio At 84%
No TCS

I may try @CeeJay's trick with the McLaren in the sports lounge as well to build up credits for the last car on my list, the 330 P4. Great tip man! 👍

Jerome

Mate, how on earth do you do this! I tried this and only managed one lap as i just crashed all over. What help are you getting with your steering? I used the same settings. Any help would be appreciated.

My go to now is the McLaren F1 detuned to N500 in the Premium Sport lounge. It makes mince meat of any LaFerrari or Veyron and with a clean race I get 315,000 cr and 6,930 xp in 11 mins. I haaaaaaaaate the Xbow with a passion so I'll gladly take the hit on XP and CR to not drive that thing.

Bud, use racing hard tyres on the front and super soft on the rear. Control is very good then. 250,000 credits minimum every race. 375,000 if you do it cleanly.

Bud, use racing hard tyres on the front and super soft on the rear. Control is very good then. 250,000 credits minimum every race. 375,000 if you do it cleanly.

I know, I've beaten the race with the XBow downtuned to N300 but it's way more stressful! lol Since you can't out accelerate the faster cars they're right up your tailpipe when you try to pass them and half the time the stupid AI slams into me or smashes their brakes in the turns making it harder to get a clean race. I can nail a clean race almost every time with the McLaren, so I'm more than likely to get 315,000 cr using that car instead of the more likely chance I'll get 250,000 using the XBow.

I know, I've beaten the race with the XBow downtuned to N300 but it's way more stressful! lol Since you can't out accelerate the faster cars they're right up your tailpipe when you try to pass them and half the time the stupid AI slams into me or smashes their brakes in the turns making it harder to get a clean race. I can nail a clean race almost every time with the McLaren, so I'm more than likely to get 315,000 cr using that car instead of the more likely chance I'll get 250,000 using the XBow.

Yeah, have to admit, the Mclaren is a lot of fun to drive. And far more stable.

Someone else posted this somewhere the other day but a tuned Toyota 2000GT in the N200 category in the Lago Maggiore Premium Sports Lounge series is worth 270,000 (without a clean bonus) for about 25 minutes of driving. I know it's not the best credit per minute but it beats going round an oval again and again.

Someone else posted this somewhere the other day but a tuned Toyota 2000GT in the N200 category in the Lago Maggiore Premium Sports Lounge series is worth 270,000 (without a clean bonus) for about 25 minutes of driving. I know it's not the best credit per minute but it beats going round an oval again and again.

I'm still yet to win on this challenge, are there any tweaks I can make to the suspension and/or gearing to make it a little less frustrating?

I'm still yet to win on this challenge, are there any tweaks I can make to the suspension and/or gearing to make it a little less frustrating?

I didn’t manage it first time either. But I’d say try and brake as late as comfortably possible as that’s where you make up loads of time. Also try not to put too much steering lock on as it causes the car to over rotate and lose a lot of momentum. Basically it needed to be driven smoothly.

Sorry I’m useless at tuning so never bother.

How do you detune to N500... my stays at N600 after adjusting the simple weight and power settings.

Also, my prize money only appears to be 150, 30,10; so not getting the numbers you are getting.

How do you detune to N500... my stays at N600 after adjusting the simple weight and power settings.
Adjust the power to below 550PS (542hp). I don't have an F1 to hand, but that should be a power setting of 85%.

Adjust the power to below 550PS (542hp). I don't have an F1 to hand, but that should be a power setting of 85%.

Hey Famine, thanks for the advice.
Do I need to Levelup to hit 85%?

I can only slide to 92% which gives me 575bhp.

Cheers

Do I need to Levelup to hit 85%?

I can only slide to 92% which gives me 575bhp
Click on the circle with the blue number 1 in it then a window will popup allowing you to add level 2 at the cost of a few hundred mileage points.

Use the Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car that's 2,500 mileage points in the mileage exchange. Race it in the 2nd race in the Premium Sports Lounge in the Professional tear of GT League (10 laps at Maggiore). Set the power all the way down or leave it all stock if you want. You can subtract weight from the stock setting if you want. Set transmission to max speed about 155-160. The race takes around 20 minutes and pays 345K if you don't hit the AI and stay on the track. Win by a good 45 seconds over 2nd place. Roughly a million credits an hour.

IMG_3884.jpg

Yeah, have to admit, the Mclaren is a lot of fun to drive. And far more stable.

Yeah, I'm totally loving that car right now, so glad they put this car in the game! It's so fun to drive!

Also, my prize money only appears to be 150, 30,10; so not getting the numbers you are getting.

Sorry I missed your question but I see Famine got you covered! Yeah, just upgrade the tuning option so you can lower the bhp until it changes the car to N500. I upgraded the weight scale too so I could lighten the car all the way. If you leave the transmission stock you can still win easy but I also add the adjustable transmission and I just adjust the top speed so I can hit about 188-190 on the straights. My fastest lap is around 45 seconds. You'll take the lead around lap 7-9 and you're set!

The race should take around 11:45, but the biggest thing is to make sure you get the clean racing bonus. Just take it easy with the AI in the corners, they'll dive on you and bump you if you're not careful. Give them room to dive down the track in the turns and sweep under them coming out of the apex.

Thanks for the additional Tips CeeJay

Thanks again to Famine and nowcontrol for your responses too :)

Use the Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car that's 2,500 mileage points in the mileage exchange. Race it in the 2nd race in the Premium Sports Lounge in the Professional tear of GT League (10 laps at Maggiore). Set the power all the way down or leave it all stock if you want. You can subtract weight from the stock setting if you want. Set transmission to max speed about 155-160. The race takes around 20 minutes and pays 345K if you don't hit the AI and stay on the track. Win by a good 45 seconds over 2nd place. Roughly a million credits an hour.

IMG_3884.jpg

I prefer the 10 laps at Maggiore to the Blue Moon even though the races are longer because it's more fun and easier to win using an N300 car being that the lap time is not so dependent on raw straight line speed.

N300 boosts the earnings to 375,000.

It's fun to search out the cars which meet the race criteria, can be detuned to N300 and can actually win. Such as the
Aston Martin

I prefer the F40 at n400 and 345k for clean win. Very stable and nearly as fast. The Ferrari the Ferrari isn't an issue either.

The F40 isn't bad, roughly 1.5 seconds slower then the McLaren and a bit trickier to handle. But it nets 30k more and more xp, i am trying to tune the gears though, because those at stock suck. With the McLaren you win with 25+ seconds ahead, with the F40 10+ seconds.

another fun way is to use the toyota 2000GT 67 at Maggiore. adjust bhp and weight and top speed. N200 non clean race nets you 270,000, clean race nets you over 400,000. you can see my settings below. and the car is fun to drive too

I now have the problem that I own all cars and have 20,000,00cr. And the next update doesn't seem to be in sight! What should I do since almost all races are wasted for credits... Come on PD raise the cr. limit it's just stupid at 20 mil...

LOL.jpg

12Minutes --> 8250 Experience and 375'000Credits
like @sgllocal said (and there are already several Threads for that)

means 1'875'000 Credits per Hour :dopey:
(totally boring, you can watch tv besides, but i want the Ferrari)

Back