The Next Gran Turismo Probably Won't Be GT Sport 2

To be honest I'm more interested in the next Project CARS than the next Gran Turismo. It looks like PD and Kaz still don't listen to their fanbase. Although the game has lots of good points (graphics, livery editor), the cut in content and features has really turned me off.

To be honest I'm more interested in the next Project CARS than the next Gran Turismo. It looks like PD and Kaz still don't listen to their fanbase. Although the game has lots of good points (graphics, livery editor), the cut in content and features has really turned me off.
Lets be honest if they plan to continue on this direction then that means GTS is just the base & the next one will have more of both.

Lets be honest if they plan to continue on this direction then that means GTS is just the base & the next one will have more of both.
Until they decide that the current content isn't detailed enough and start everything from scratch again.

The thing with project cars is the bugs from 1 are still in 2 which means there never going to be fixed

Until they decide that the current content isn't detailed enough and start everything from scratch again.

I remember reading that this round of content had been gathered at a higher fidelity than what is being processed by the PS4. Their work flow had supposedly been altered to be more future proof than their past efforts. I don't remember the article where I read that, but even without the direct quote, this is how most modern development is done anyways.

That can happen IF they release the next game on PS5 , BUT if we look back at history & the (Kind of failure in turms of sales) GT6 They won't do it.

Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that GT Sport may not be a main sequence Gran Turismo title after all.

Putting aside the fallacy of ambiguity (albeit truthfully reported by GTPlanet) this is more than good and interesting news to long time fans of the series - especially those hard-core Turismites that have invested a lifetime of memories within it.
This is hope than Kaz has not lost his original vision of an absorbing racing/automotive-oriented game driven by a driving-sim engine.
The online component is vital today - and must be developed to its full potential - but not at the risk of losing the possible millions of players that want a driving game they can pick up and challenge at any time; a track, a car, a competitive race. And then everything else that comes out of that combo.

GT Sport turning into GT7 via updates has been my gut feeling ever since launch. I've seen some updates on other PS4 games change their titles and icons on the PS4 dashboard, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we're playing an early access version of GT7. XD

It sounds like Gran Turismo 7 will be a typical GT, but with the inclusion of sport mode daily races and championships. That works for me as I have thoroughly enjoyed the sport mode side of GTS.
Thats what should have been , 1. Release GT6 on PS4 in 2014 like it was including the ranking FIA championchips etc & then release GT7 in 2016-2017.

I remember reading that this round of content had been gathered at a higher fidelity than what is being processed by the PS4. Their work flow had supposedly been altered to be more future proof than their past efforts. I don't remember the article where I read that, but even without the direct quote, this is how most modern development is done anyways.

It might be hard to remember where you read it because the exact same thing was said during the PS3 era. :P

"Future-proofing" is always a gamble, that's just the nature of the beast.

I'm a German speaker, and that interview from 4players doesn't really contain anything concrete - typical for interviews with Kaz.

I only noticed 2 noteworthy things:

i) Static rain effects are being worked on for GTS. Dynamic weather is too complex and is off the table.
ii) They would like future hardware to enable them to render their games at 120 rather than 60 frames per second.

I'm glad that PD recognize how important framerates are. A lot of PlayStation and Xbox game developers just aim for cool graphics that look great in screenshots, at the cost of inconsistent framerates. I play a lot of games on PC at 120+ FPS and it's definitely a noticeable step up from 60 FPS. Maybe by the time PlayStation 5 comes out, high-end TVs will support 120 Hz and Sony will beef up PlayStation hardware enough to push out that many frames.

I would really want the next one to be GT7, a traditional GT with little focus on e-sports other than your average online components. Focus on the core game with better features, damage, AI, environmental effects etc.

If they brought back some of the past tracks that are not yet included, put in more of a variety of interesting production cars instead of fantasy vision cars and maybe brought in bikes it would certainly make me interested again.

I'm a German speaker, and that interview from 4players doesn't really contain anything concrete - typical for interviews with Kaz.

I only noticed 2 noteworthy things:

i) Static rain effects are being worked on for GTS. Dynamic weather is too complex and is off the table.
ii) They would like future hardware to enable them to render their games at 120 rather than 60 frames per second.

I'm glad that PD recognize how important framerates are. A lot of PlayStation and Xbox game developers just aim for cool graphics that look great in screenshots, at the cost of inconsistent framerates. I play a lot of games on PC at 120+ FPS and it's definitely a noticeable step up from 60 FPS. Maybe by the time PlayStation 5 comes out, high-end TVs will support 120 Hz and Sony will beef up PlayStation hardware enough to push out that many frames.
Dynamic Waether is too complex? even tho they did with PS3? hmmmm

Wouldn't be surprised if all of gts is added to the next gt game. A more online focused main game would be awesome (unless you are a bile spewing gts hater).

Latest Posts

Back