The Next Gran Turismo Probably Won't Be GT Sport 2

Getting more weather choices will be great but having Dynamic Waether or Time of Day is not that big of a deal. Most races are not long enough to take advantage of such a feature anyway especially at the cost of framerate.

PD should keep adding to GTS and turn it into GT7. There is absolutely no reason why a traditional GT7 and a esports GTS cannot coexist together.
More options is always a good thing and it could also possibly bring back many who left the series just because of PD's focus on esports only with GTS.

I guess I could care less for a "real" GT. I didn't think I'd like GT Sport that much, but I do. I'll be honest and say that, by now, if I really cared about offline racing I'd be playing PCars and not complaining about GT Sport.
If they release something like the last GTs, I'll probably buy, because GT... But I don't know if I'm gonna play that much.

It might be hard to remember where you read it because the exact same thing was said during the PS3 era. :P

"Future-proofing" is always a gamble, that's just the nature of the beast.

Well, future proofing really only works for the immediate future. I think it's reasonable to presume that they can squeeze another generation from the current set of assets.

After reading the article, I'm so thankful Kaz and PD are planning to go back to the numbered series. I had the feeling they would as I, and many others, been hoping for the next GT to be GT7, especially how the the content they've added consisted road cars for example. So this is fantastic news!

However, the features and improvements seen in GTS (such as engine sounds, livery editor, physics, etc.) were wonderful, so I hope these are kept back in GT7. I will love to see tuning upgrades (including exhausts, ECU, Turbos and Superchargers, Suspension, etc.) and GT Auto be back again. If photo travel is replaced by Scapes, I wouldn't mind. :)

You know. I know a lot of people wouldn't be down with this. But if they make GT7 an "upgrade" to GT Sport and you pay 20$ if you already own GT Sport but also release alongside a physical version of it for the rest of the people that don't own it yet I'd be down. Having an all inclusive game building off the solid foundation GT Sport has would be amazing.

Although I love mainline GT games I don't want to lose the features GT Sport has that other GT games have never had before.

Well, PD could still be tweaking the Track Creator and the track upload data, from your car to the game.

There's also the car building idea Kaz mentioned. Maybe limited cars have bare shells and we can construct them to finish. Similar to the Andretti build. Classic '32 Ford, '56 Mercury, take an EG6 and upgrade it with Spoon parts, like in GT2 with Dealerships. Gather parts when they come to "market" in the Mileage Exchange.

Maybe PD are working on more content, like the Senna collaboration. Brabham collection? Could be anything.

There's also Used Car Dealership. Maybe that's coming back. We'll see

with what results did they do it?

Stra full of compromises and limits
Fair point but they did even with the limits PS3 had & the gave you a real racing feel , for example GTP Endurance Races they were good to great but if they do this in GTS it will be like ok start at early morning after 6 hours... ah still early morning what the hell? or the Event Kaz will run at catalunya ? (After 8 hours ok Guys we have to change the day time /Weather settings so stop get out of the lobby go to toilet or whatever until we are done & then we will restart what ? you had a 30 Sec lead we don't give a snak ! ) do you see the problem here?

Hopefully they don't repeat what they did with GT6 and release it on PS4 when the PS5 comes out.

The very first thing to do is to release the game on new system really early this time, not 5 years after the PS5 comes out!

I'm really afraid that we'll see the same scenario with a GT7 on PS4. Only one game for a gen doesn't raise enough money ?

The only thing that could change the game IMO is payed DLC so they could earn enough money and not necessarily launch a second game on PS4. I really hope they'll do that...

You know. I know a lot of people wouldn't be down with this. But if they make GT7 an "upgrade" to GT Sport and you pay 20$ if you already own GT Sport but also release alongside a physical version of it for the rest of the people that don't own it yet I'd be down. Having an all inclusive game building off the solid foundation GT Sport has would be amazing.

Although I love mainline GT games I don't want to lose the features GT Sport has that other GT games have never had before.

I'd be on board. I believe Street Fighter has done similar things.

I've said for a long time that racing games in particular don't really need sequels the way other genres do. The issue is making sure the pricing structure still appeal to the general gaming audience though. iRacing wouldn't work on consoles because to the average person, the price required for a serious amount of content is too high. But make it easy for Joe Casual to swallow, and I think a service-style approach could be a success (and, crucially, a consistent source of income).

So I basically take this as a hint GTS will be the only release for the PS4 and eventually (albeit at a snails pace) we’ll get many more cars, tracks, and features. So about the time the next gen console is released (or years afterward) we’ll finally have a complete game.

Higher FPS would be nice, but not necessary.
I'm not a fan of weather, but day/night transistions are badly needed to fully show off the incredible lighting PD have created.
That and just racing at sunset is very immersive.

All of this is irrelevant as we take a walk through the garden of question and raise some eyebrows talking about physics on Conversation Street.

They do not have to have a realistic physics or tire model, but damn I wish they would improve here.

Why am I not surprised about this? GT Sport was not originally intended as a main series game, but an exercise in e-Sports events. I'm pretty sure the next game will have a proper offline mode and a Sport Mode rather than a mediocre offline mode and an unpolished Sport Mode. What I want is essentially Gran Turismo 4 with e-Sports. That's it.

To be honest I'm more interested in the next Project CARS than the next Gran Turismo. It looks like PD and Kaz still don't listen to their fanbase. Although the game has lots of good points (graphics, livery editor), the cut in content and features has really turned me off.
My crazy wish is that PD/Sony buys Kunos or Slightly Mad Studios, combining the best parts of either Project Cars/Assetto Corsa with GT

I hope Next gt game will be gt7/gt8. With a lot more cars and tracks. They need to ditch that stupid upgrade system in gt sport it was way better in gt6 and thats the way it should be.
To me they could just ditch fia. To have more time focus on bringing back the customize parts you had in gt auto and changing oil part
And Begin with slower car like we use to

Higher FPS would be nice, but not necessary.
I'm not a fan of weather, but day/night transistions are badly needed to fully show off the incredible lighting PD have created.
That and just racing at sunset is very immersive.

All of this is irrelevant as we take a walk through the garden of question and raise some eyebrows talking about physics on Conversation Street.

They do not have to have a realistic physics or tire model, but damn I wish they would improve here.

PD were only able to make GTS's lighting look so amazing by keeping it static. Dynamic lighting has much higher hardware requirements. Look at Project Cars 2 at what's possible with dynamic lighting: it's a cool effect for longer races, but the overall lighting quality is far less impressive.

You're absolutely right about the physics! I think that's the weakest area of GTS. I don't want a super-hardcore simulation that forces me to tune every car just so that I'm able to drive it without crashing like Project Cars 2, but I do want a more realistic tire model in GTS.

I can only imagine the car collection. if we're totalling 500 cars in GTS, maybe 1000+ in the next. GT300, more GT4, current road cars like Honda S660, kei cars, concept cars like the RX-Vision. Old stuff like the Renault Espace, or whatever else. Open world environment. Anything could be coming for the next game.

And that's the first time I'm featured in an article!:D
We had a brief discussion about how to credit you with this, because your name isn't exactly the easiest to cite.

"Thanks to GT Sport for the tip. No, not that GT Sport. How would a game give us a tip? Seriously. No, it's a guy called GT Sport. Yes, we know."

Latest Posts

Back