The Best Race From Vegas Is Now Live!

• Thread starter Jimmy B
  • 13 comments

The only race I ran.

Unfortunately they had to change cameras to show Igor crossing the line, which is more than fair, but you can imagine what Facu did to me. Me and Lima were side by side going into spoon on last lap (you can see that right before they cut to show Igor crossing the line, Facu a fair bit behind), he then just divebombs us wanting to go 3 wide there, which is impossible. I was on the outside, so I got pushed off the track, Facu got no penalty for pushing Lima into me, very frustrating.

Had a problem in the start too. Facu and Kuntze went wide on turn 1, Kuntze then came back into the track without looking if someone was coming, he then hits me off track, i lose about 10 seconds on this terrible manouver. At least I had decent pace to recover (at that moment I had pretty much no experience on wheels). Shouldve qualified.

The only race I ran.

Unfortunately they had to change cameras to show Igor crossing the line, which is more than fair, but you can imagine what Facu did to me. Me and Lima were side by side going into spoon on last lap (you can see that right before they cut to show Igor crossing the line, Facu a fair bit behind), he then just divebombs us wanting to go 3 wide there, which is impossible. I was on the outside, so I got pushed off the track, Facu got no penalty for pushing Lima into me, very frustrating.

Had a problem in the start too. Facu and Kuntze went wide on turn 1, Kuntze then came back into the track without looking if someone was coming, he then hits me off track, i lose about 10 seconds on this terrible manouver. At least I had decent pace to recover (at that moment I had pretty much no experience on wheels). Shouldve qualified.

I really hope they sort this stuff out in Monaco because this is just a poor man's destruction derby :crazy:

I was wondering why Lester didn't make it through. Guess that's that mystery solved :scared: squeezed off track and penalized for it. Unless it was an incident a lap earlier.

The only race I ran.

With that it would be nice if PD 'shared' these live races the same way replays are shared in the game. That way we could watch races in great detail, albeit without Jimmy on te mic.

I was wondering why Lester didn't make it through. Guess that's that mystery solved :scared: squeezed off track and penalized for it. Unless it was an incident a lap earlier.
i think he got penalized because he pushed me off on lap 1 i guess? not sure...it was pretty dificult not to hit someone on the curves...

4WD cars on Big Willow are always fun. You can dip your toe into the dirt without completely ruining your lap which tactically widens the course creating a lot of fun passing opportunities that aren't there in other cars.

Last edited:
Had no idea Broadbent was a member around here, and apparently has been longer than a lot of us.
I'm no fan of how GT Sport feels but it's great they continue to push the FIA certified cup, for that alone I'll support them as the races are quite fun to watch.

Finally, everybody else can watch the madness of that first repechage race unfold... :D

Just got around to watching the Block and Repechage races, and maaan, that first repechage! One of the best of those live events so far for me, such great entertainment! :)

EDIT: @Jimmy B kudos for the commentary, and on you guys actually keeping up with this insanity! :D

Last edited:
The only race I ran.

A strange and I feel bad decision to eliminate 18 drivers after a single race across the 3 regions.

Even 2 races if they had qualified for the repechage seems too little for the 42 drivers who lost out that way.

2/3 of the field got to run no more than 2 races.

Given the effort to qualify of the drivers and the expense PD has went to deliver these finals which have been brilliantly presented. I can't understand why they wouldn't make sure these guys got a slightly greater chance to shine on the big stage.

Back